Preview 2nd Preliminary Final Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - Destiny Beckons

Remove this Banner Ad

This might move Mitchell to the back flank where he will still get the ball and set up play regardless. If Cornes gets Mitchell, do your guys just go head to head with Lewis? I assume it would be abnormal for you guys to run2 tags....

He probably gets Mitchell and yea we generally don't run 2 tags. I can't see him going to Lewis, if it's not Mitchell it could possibly be Smith/Hill. Has anyone even been able to slightly impact Hills running capacity yet?

He probably gets Mitchell and yea we generally don't run 2 tags. I can't see him going to Lewis, if it's not Mitchell it could possibly be Smith/Hill. Has anyone even been able to slightly impact Hills running capacity yet?

McCaffer did a pretty good job. Was probably Hill's first tag and he started well but probably didn't run hard enough all day to burn him off and in the end probably dropped his head a little. Hopefully something he has learnt from.

Wouldn't be surprised if ebo has defensive role at stoppages with lewis and tries to grind him on fast slingshot spreads. Although Hartlett head to head will be a mini game in itself. Boak will be ready to explode after his first half last week. Hope Gray is cleaner through midfield this week. Oli to do his "Oli finals beast mode". White and polec are for me potential match winners. Deliver well to our small forwards and we can win this. Got a feeling polec is going to play a blinder

Those who have been lucky enough to secure seats for this weekend, have a great time watching a Port win. #enjoyeverymoment, and #dontgoquietly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Those who have been lucky enough to secure seats for this weekend, have a great time watching a Port win. #enjoyeverymoment, and #don'tgoquietly.
There are going to be 20,000 Port fans there give or take & going by how loud the support was in Freo we definitely won't be going quietly :)

Win, lose or draw, I'm so proud of our boys for fighting back to the top 4 after a mid season slump. This season has very much gone the way of the Port teams of the 90's. They would usually go on to win flags after their slumps, and whilst I dont expect a flag, there can be no denying that we are a chance now and that in itself is incredibly exciting. I feel like after the game we'll be reflecting on just what a great side the Hawks are, and that we had a good year to get this far but I hope we do give them a real shake. Our best obviously can beat the Hawks but they are a supremely good team and it's going to take an almighty performance to get over the line in this one.

As far as I'm concerned history is there to be written, a slightly unexpected chance is there to be taken and it's time to ride the wave of our clubs irrepressible momentum and have a crack at something incredibly special.

We can match up well on them down back, but the accuracy and X-factor of their forwards means they will get off the chain at times and we just need to keep that under control as much as possible and limit the damage. Our midfield CAN beat their midfield. If we can win this battle and as a result the clearances then as many have said we will be up to our eye balls in this game. Last time we played the Hawks we were pretty average and got beaten in the middle but yet still won quite comfortably (excluding one 3rd qtr burst), so if we can get on top in the middle and get our prime movers up and about this is game we'll be a good show, as I'm convinced our forwards can definitely get the job done.

I'm so pumped for this, and just hope we go out there and give it our all. My head is tipping the hawks by 17 but my heart is saying Port can win a thriller by 7.

Last edited:
final play of the day is Kane Cornes tackling Burgoyne 30m out directly in front for holding the ball, goes back and slots it through to put the Power in front by 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

final play of the day is Kane Cornes tackling Burgoyne 30m out directly in front for holding the ball, goes back and slots it through to put the Power in front by 3

Jasper Pittard doing a Shaun Burgoyne on Brent Guerra on Shaun Burgoyne would complete the circle of life.

A Hawthorn mate of mine has been going on about Burgoyne in front of me a lot. Wouldn't mind if he has a shocker on Saturday.

Watching the rd 10 game again - we pressured the Hawks relentlessly and they did not cope very well. We really hunted them. Should have won by a lot more bar some of really basic errors we have largely stopped making in the back half of the year. To win again, we will need to deny them time and space again.

I know history doesn't count for much after last weekend, but history does show the Hawks only just lose or just win a PF.

2011 v Collingwood lose 9.11 65 to 10.8 68 - Clarko's famous line from his presser "we miss out on a grand final because we just weren't hard enough and tough enough for long enough."

2012 v Adelaide win 13.19 97 to 14.8 92 - s**t kicking for goal almost cost them. Buddy 3.5 Roughie 0.2 Cyril 2.3 Bruest 2.3!!!

2013 v Geelong win 14.18 102 to 15.7 97 - s**t kicking for goal again, Shaun's skills saved them in the last quarter 3.0 and Varcoe misses running into goal late in the game to tie it up.

Email sent also asked him to confirm that the white marquee bar will be open pre and post game for the Maggies GF on Sunday. Will report back when I get a reply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back