List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think its being pessimistic but rather more of a realist, I just cannot see how the Crows could engineer the trade with the GWS regarding Cameron.

Aish is a little more attainable only if he has not yet reached dizzy heights, but when he does again that will be another problem. Again I think the Lions will want too much in any case.

I could see us getting Davis and using pick 9 on a local SA player? Durdin. Thats about as far as it will go.

CC your usually reliable for a good rumour or two. Have you heard anything this year?
Don't know any specifics this year. All I can say is we are in some discussions with GWS (no specifics on what over) and that Nobes went to watch Jono Giles the other week and the consensus was he was pretty ordinary.

Too far ahead to be looking at draft targets, think it's more likely than not that we won't have pick 9 though.

I can't believe we're talking about trading in Aish AND Jeremy Cameron.

so much for this board being pessimistic! The way we're going I'm going to have to self-impose a personal media blackout until the end of trade week. Like I've said before this stress will be no good for me ;)
Don't forget Frawley and Ryder via FA.

Brown Talia Jaensch
Smith Frawley van Berlo
Mackay Dangerfield Sloane
Aish Cameron Cameron
Ryder Walker Betts
Jacobs Crouch Douglas

M Crouch, O'Keefe, Pods and Grigg (sub)

I'd put Aish as the #1 priority, much, much higher than Cameron.

We already have one of the most potent and best performing forward lines in the competition. This year we were the 3rd highest scoring team (only marginally behind Port) and the 4th most efficient at converting F50 entries into scoring shots. Adding Cameron to a forward line that already contains Tex, Betts & JJ (and potentially Cameron & Lynch) is only likely to result in a relatively minor gain to our scoring potential.

Our midfield, on the other hand, could always do with a boost in class. 2015 will almost certainly be Thompson's last year. A midfield with Danger, Sloane, Crouch & Aish is potentially much stronger than a midfield without Aish.

Aish is likely to cost us less than JC and his presence would add more benefit than JC. That's two damn good reasons why Aish should be our #1 target, not JC.
all good points.

but wouldn't it be nice if Sando could say "our forward line would be the envy of the rest of the competition" and for it to actually be true?;)

Any news on Robinson? I reckon he'd be a good pickup. Probably save some money because of his discipline issues, which I don't think would be a problem after moving to a new city and having good influences around him.
Read somewhere he has had zero interest from other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought our Club was alone smoking crack, it appears all the other Clubs are smoking it too regarding trading in players. Its amusing especially given at the end of the day, the two biggest trades over the past two years was dominated by one club.
...and yet neither were trades.

Interesting reference to getting a contract done early for the good of the team :

... Dangerfield's point that Adelaide's on-field progress does not need the distractions of contract speculation.

This prompted Dangerfield to advance his talks from his previously preferred position of leaving negotiation until the end of the season.

"It's good to have it out of the way - we can now focus on team rather than individuals," said Dangerfield.

"I can now focus on just playing on footy.

"At the start of the year, I was leaning to (an end-of-season negotiation).

"But the speculation, the hype that generates has become a negative on the group.

"To get it out of the way and allow the club to focus on winning games of footy - rather than fielding questions about players' contracts - is about thinking for the club."

Dangerfield, 22, conceded that opportunities at rival clubs - Geelong was the keenest - had "come into calculations".

"That's the case with every player," he said, while downplaying the money factor in the bidding war for his signature.

"But there were plenty of reasons to stay.

"We are going to be a very successful team."​

Don't forget Frawley and Ryder via FA.

Brown Talia Jaensch
Smith Frawley van Berlo
Mackay Dangerfield Sloane
Aish Cameron Cameron
Ryder Walker Betts
Jacobs Crouch Douglas

M Crouch, O'Keefe, Pods and Grigg (sub)

That team if fully fit would win the flag. Get the feeling Sando would still select Martin and Wright. :rolleyes:

Wonder if the crows are intending to recruit Smack as a rookie?

reading in between the lines the simple answerseems to be No

the fact that the club made a statement wishing him all the best for his future suggests that he wont be rookie, if we intended to rookie Smack I think we would have made this known

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back