Fitzroy Bulldogs jumper

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
An apparently genuine Fitzroy Bulldogs jumper has found its way on to ebay. If anyone has a spare 2k. Personally if it could be confirmed geniune, I think it belongs in the Fitzroy museum.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm?itemId=201165996428

$_3.JPG

Klaus

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Heat
It looks fake imo. There is nothing on the jumper that represents the bulldogs, it looks more like a deformed Fitzroy Jumper.

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Same as every other merger story.

Home ground was to be Western Oval, team.to be Fitzroy Bulldogs, Footscray weren't too happy and neither were the members.

I mean, let's face it. Nothing on that jumper represents the Bulldogs. Could even be a candidate for a modern Fitzroy jumper if they were still in the AFL.

I'd consider buying it just to burn it.

What a takeover that was.

Home ground was to be Western Oval, team..

Only a training ground and even then training was to be shared with Optus Oval

Often wonder had the deal not been so lop-sided towards Fitzroy, whether they might have gotten away with it...

I was there in '89 for the fightback campaign albeit only 12 at the time. Still remember the passion, I think Footscray would've resisted regardless.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
was there ever a mock up logo for the fitzroy bulldogs (beside a mock up jumper). also what would the long sleeve jumper look like (if it had be made, just a guess)

Back