Who wins the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Heart says South.

Head says the Power twos, who have been coasting through the second half of the season, will probably win it.

Heart says South.

Head says the Power twos, who have been coasting through the second half of the season, will probably win it.
'Coasting through' by winning 3 of their last 8 matches? I wouldn't be surprised if Port go out in straight sets.

Either way, I make money out the flag winner regardless of who it is. Before the season I backed Port @ $7.50 (thankyou), Norwood @ $4.75 and a couple days ago insured myself by backing Sturt @ $7 and South @ $8. Worst outcome is a $20 profit :D

My money is on Norwood right now, though would love to see South win it, they're in pretty good form too.

Would love to see South get up and win they have done everything right for SANFL footy, never gone out of the salary cap, have built their oval in the heart of the southern suburbs and even though not hugely strong stood up against the AFL and did what they believed in, they actually deserve to go the whole way!

I think most fans from the other 7 SANFL clubs would love to see South get up this weekend, then the week after as well, they're playing well enough to give it a push. If they did, it would be the first time Norwood and South have met in a GF since Queen Victoria was on the throne - 1899.

One of the two clubs who voted 'No' to having the Power and Crows in the SANFL too - mucho respect.

Last edited:
Hasn't been often in recent times we've come down to 3 teams all with very legitimate claims.

Norwood - Bring a consistent level every week. Better structured and drilled than any other. Landing the 2 week break was critical for them.

Port - Like their big brother, capable of some decimating football in patches. Their best is the most explosive in the competition.

South - In great form and have the most talented midfield. Their best is the 2nd most explosive in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the prelim today. All things considered thought south put up a great fight. But to then have port supporters in their magpie colours come back to the panther presentations and then walk out as the South coach started speaking, calling out 'go the Power' and 'go the magpies' and then laugh and carry on before exiting, just confirms what I have always thought about Port supporters. You have the lowest of the lowest supporters. This and other acts of shitheaded 'supporting' throughout the game, prove that every stereotype I've heard about port supporters is true. I hope the footy gods are at work next week and those 'supporters'…get what they deserve.

Go Norwood! Go Hawks!

Was at the prelim today. All things considered thought south put up a great fight. But to then have port supporters in their magpie colours come back to the panther presentations and then walk out as the South coach started speaking, calling out 'go the Power' and 'go the magpies' and then laugh and carry on before exiting, just confirms what I have always thought about Port supporters. You have the lowest of the lowest supporters. This and other acts of shitheaded 'supporting' throughout the game, prove that every stereotype I've heard about port supporters is true. I hope the footy gods are at work next week and those 'supporters'…get what they deserve.

Go Norwood! Go Hawks!
Awww here :rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back