FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

of course, how else could the cup leave Victoria..

We also had a state side, unfair concessions, an unfair home ground advantage....

Was a good interview other than that twaddle by Sheehan
We were also one of the first teams to go full time professional in that era, Crouch is just spewing he missed out on a couple of WA based premierships.

That was one of my favourites.

Good questions. Good answers. Good bloke. Interesting subjects.

Am I being paranoid, or was Mike alluding to something with the West Coast big bodies?

He didn't just ask the question once, he stayed on the subject. If he was asking the question, he was asking it for a reason no?

The whispers about Collingwood and peptides under MM. Has he heard something about West Coast?

It's fairly common knowledge that West Coast were pushing the boundaries in terms of physical preparation and were before their time. Good on them, whatever they were doing worked.

Captain was a pharmacist, they won a couple of flags ...
I personally don't believe they were on the juice but having Matt Barber as one of your fitness coaches around that time who then goes on to train Dean Capabianco who tests positive for roids gives the rumours a bit more kick.

I personally don't believe they were on the juice but having Matt Barber as one of your fitness coaches around that time who then goes on to train Dean Capabianco who tests positive for roids gives the rumours a bit more kick.

theres a post around somewhere from Matt himself, even if they weren't on the juice they were significantly ahead of the other clubs in weightlifting, training etc. they were the first club that really started focusing on squats, deadlifts etc.

couchie seems like a nice and likable guy. there is a certain awkwardness about him when answering/dodging questions. funny

Giggles is good for an interview
Not sure these days a club would allow players to have a job like a garbo [not many would exist now anyway] as a job,unless he was the one driving the truck.

We were also one of the first teams to go full time professional in that era, Crouch is just spewing he missed out on a couple of WA based premierships.

Dunno why you're directing that at Couch, all he said in response to the question was that they were big and he felt lik a junior playing against them.

In answer to another earlier question he thought that of the 4 losing GFs he played in, '92 was the one that got away, I 100% agree with that.

Enjoyed couch, tho maybe a bit too much on blight

Surprised his son never got more of a go especially considering melbourne arent exactly a force

Wonder if we get anymore open mikes maybe a brownlow special again

Dunno why you're directing that at Couch, all he said in response to the question was that they were big and he felt lik a junior playing against them.

In answer to another earlier question he thought that of the 4 losing GFs he played in, '92 was the one that got away, I 100% agree with that.
Watch Couch's comments at the end of the interview again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theres a post around somewhere from Matt himself, even if they weren't on the juice they were significantly ahead of the other clubs in weightlifting, training etc. they were the first club that really started focusing on squats, deadlifts etc.

Yeah don't bring that up. I was being a smart arse and next thing you know Matt Barber turns up! LOL

of course, how else could the cup leave Victoria..

We also had a state side, unfair concessions, an unfair home ground advantage....

Was a good interview other than that twaddle by Sheehan
I understand that many WA fans are so parochial that Eagles fans support the Dockers once they're out, and vice-versa, but Victorians would rather see an interstate team win the cup than one of our hated local rivals.

Loved Couch's story about Blight doing a Native Indian team session with them or something like that in the lead up to a match and then saying "....we lost".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back