List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys how much value do we place on resigning these guys with one year left BEFORE the trade season...?

I think we all thought they would have put pen to paper by now... so it begs the question how significant is this?

The one I am most losing sleep over is Shiel as there is such strong interest in him. Call me crazy but I'm super confident about Cameron and not worried at all about Treloar.

Feeling Boyd might surprise us and sign up too but that might be early next year.

The one I am most losing sleep over is Shiel as there is such strong interest in him. Call me crazy but I'm super confident about Cameron and not worried at all about Treloar.

Feeling Boyd might surprise us and sign up too but that might be early next year.
i think its unimaginable that we wont lose one of the midfield group over the next two trade periods...there is just too much interest and there will be tempting $$$ on offer

i think its unimaginable that we wont lose one of the midfield group over the next two trade periods...there is just too much interest and there will be tempting $$$ on offer

Key thing is if we do lose one that we try to ensure we get a like for like replacement via the draft. If we do have to go back to the draft we can't afford to overlook something obvious like Wines again as our list build is much more evolved.

What would it take for Conigilio to come back to his homeland aka Bestern Australia?
A 24 year old Ruckman/Key Postion Forward who can accumulate disposals in Callum Sinclair
+
A goal kicking/running half back flank in Will Schofield
+
Picks
+
??????

Plz respond

What would it take for Conigilio to come back to his homeland aka Bestern Australia?
A 24 year old Ruckman/Key Postion Forward who can accumulate disposals in Callum Sinclair
+
+
Picks
+
??????

Plz respond

I'd swap him for the penrith boy on your list. He's welcome home to western Sydney any time.

+
+
Picks
+
??????

Plz respond

Out of all our young kids Coniglio has probably assimilated and settled into Sydney and the club best of all.

He is a much loved member of the team and a talented and important young player.

I don't think there is a chance in hell of him wanting to move or the club wanting to let him go.

+
+
Picks
+
??????

Plz respond
Don't think either of those guys really fill a need or have value to us, Sinclair wouldn't play first team footy here (see Giles 2014) and I'm not sure Schofield would add all that much with Shaw and Haynes filling the spots he'd most likely slot into in the back six. Even if we wanted to trade him, which we don't, it'd be WCE 1st + more, but you can keep Sinclair and Schofield.

And as Andre the Giant said, Cogs is very well settled in Sydney and amongst the squad. Can't see him going anywhere.

Last edited:
Surely the giants are missing something though?
West coast is obviously deficient in midfielders, what are the weaknesses of the GWS list? (obviously there is experience).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all speculation but I think the only thing we would want is a key back and I dunno if u have that to offer...
We have quite few young developing key backs, but out of our experienced crop; Mitch Brown comes to mind, 195cm and very quick for his size. Can play small and tall Due to his good acceleration and speed. Having said that Schofield's 195 cm himself and can either shutdown or rebound to great affect.

I think Callum Sinclair is massively underrated, in almost any other team he'd be getting a lot more oppurtunity but because west coast has more talls than midfielders, he hasn't been able to get too many games. Has averaged 19 disposals, 23 hitouts and 109 in dream team over 13 games in the WAFL and kicked 19 goals, including a bag of six and looks a real player, just it's hard to get a game ahead of Nic Nat, McGovern, Dean Cox, Lycett, Kennedy, Darling etc

We need a tall mid 187-192 coms with wheels - Petracca type

We need a speedy small who can run through midfield and be a point of difference - ideally an indigenous lad like Yarran or a kid in the draft Pickett

We need a strong senior bodied defender 195cms - Alex Rance type

We need a good user down back with excellent foot skills to connect to midfield - Kade Kolodjashnij type

That's all I can think we need. We get it and we're unstoppable

We have quite few young developing key backs, but out of our experienced crop; Mitch Brown comes to mind, 195cm and very quick for his size. Can play small and tall Due to his good acceleration and speed. Having said that Schofield's 195 cm himself and can either shutdown or rebound to great affect.

I think Callum Sinclair is massively underrated, in almost any other team he'd be getting a lot more oppurtunity but because west coast has more talls than midfielders, he hasn't been able to get too many games. Has averaged 19 disposals, 23 hitouts and 109 in dream team over 13 games in the WAFL and kicked 19 goals, including a bag of six and looks a real player, just it's hard to get a game ahead of Nic Nat, McGovern, Dean Cox, Lycett, Kennedy, Darling etc

If you think Mitch brown would tempt GWS to trade Coniglio you are on the wrong board, that's the sort of fantasy stuff you throw around on your own board. He or Scofield may be useful but fail the value equation. We need ruckman like eskimos need fridges, Sinclair is just a lol..

Were Cogs actually wanting to leave (not very likely tbh) Yeo is more the currency you would have to part with.

If you think Mitch brown would tempt GWS to trade Coniglio you are on the wrong board, that's the sort of fantasy stuff you throw around on your own board. He or Scofield may be useful but fail the value equation. We need ruckman like eskimos need fridges, Sinclair is just a lol..

Were Cogs actually wanting to leave (not very likely tbh) Yeo is more the currency you would have to part with.

Obviously Mitch Brown would be huge unders for a guy picked up at no.2
Under no delusions of that, more wanted some idea of how much GWS rated him, considering all the talent you got handed. Thats why my original post was suggesting trading 3+ experienced players plus picks in return for Coniglio and steak knives.

Obviously Mitch Brown would be huge unders for a guy picked up at no.2
Under no delusions of that, more wanted some idea of how much GWS rated him, considering all the talent you got handed. Thats why my original post was suggesting trading 3+ experienced players plus picks in return for Coniglio and steak knives.

Unfortunately we have to shed players over the next few years, and realistically that wont be done trading 1 gun for three not so guns, that would lead to a bloated useless list, thus Yeo would likely be the only player of interest in the WCE list.

Key thing is if we do lose one that we try to ensure we get a like for like replacement via the draft. If we do have to go back to the draft we can't afford to overlook something obvious like Wines again as our list build is much more evolved.
as long as there has been a draft there is the "what could have been" stories about players missed in the draft...its inevitable

We need a tall mid 187-192 coms with wheels - Petracca type

We need a speedy small who can run through midfield and be a point of difference - ideally an indigenous lad like Yarran or a kid in the draft Pickett

We need a strong senior bodied defender 195cms - Alex Rance type

We need a good user down back with excellent foot skills to connect to midfield - Kade Kolodjashnij type

That's all I can think we need. We get it and we're unstoppable
not asking for much eh?

Im not sure these are required positions...more a wish list

not asking for much eh?

Im not sure these are required positions...more a wish list

I don't think that is asking for much considering our likely position in the draft after trade week. We may not get all of what we need but we will go a fair way towards it.

We definitely lack a elite kicks and need some speed. We've got a lot of other area well covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back