Opinion 2014 Draft ( Live discussion ) Mod notice post #6629

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got some highlights of Jarrod Garlett. Gee this kid can play in fact I think he will be better than pickett. Big call I know, but this highlights package is pretty good. Looks like he has really good midfield capabilities. What stood out to me was how hard he attacks the footy and his tackling. Can't believe that no one has really talked him up. Has lightning speed and good skills. If he has a really good attitude we should snap him up in a heartbeat. Hope he has a good work ethic. Could be a very special player.

Rogers said we need genuine speed. "Speed is king", well this kid has got it. Really exciting prospect for mine. Would love to pick him up. He's short but if you're good enough you're big enough IMO

I said it due to the fact that Moore is the type of player we would go after and I believe is around the Mark at 6. How is that ridiculous?

And what do you mean by "no matter what I think of Mick"? Have I ever said a bad word about him???

Starting to become a bit of a snipper ET1.
The way you worded said mick will take Moore just so Collingwood can't get him with their second.

The no matter what you think of mick bit wasn't a pot at you - just a general observation that even if you (in general not actually you) don't like mick, you can't still think mick will waste pick 6 to piss Collingwood off.

Rogers said we need genuine speed. "Speed is king", well this kid has got it. Really exciting prospect for mine. Would love to pick him up. He's short but if you're good enough you're big enough IMO

Agree with what you are saying but I think he'd be a big reach if we took him at 7.
Besides I heard that this draft didn't have anyone of yarranesque speed.

Got some highlights of Jarrod Garlett. Gee this kid can play in fact I think he will be better than pickett. Big call I know, but this highlights package is pretty good. Looks like he has really good midfield capabilities. What stood out to me was how hard he attacks the footy and his tackling. Can't believe that no one has really talked him up. Has lightning speed and good skills. If he has a really good attitude we should snap him up in a heartbeat. Hope he has a good work ethic. Could be a very special player.

He's one of my faves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry. I'm the wrong person to ask but I have seen most of said boys over the last few weeks.
Fair call, in my completely inexperienced opinion, my Blues' draft board rankings would be:

Petracca, McCartin, Brayshaw, Moore, Wright, Laverde, Ahern, Lever, Durdin and Pickett.

Watch how wrong I am.

if we do keep and use the pick, I want a kid who comes in, trains well, plays round 1, and never looks out of place

Is that too much too ask?
Reckon of the guys in that top bracket, only Brayshaw and Petracca can play that role... Weller looks a like type, too but unlikely to be with us. Too bad these two guys are going to be gone at our pick...

The way you worded said mick will take Moore just so Collingwood can't get him with their second.

The no matter what you think of mick bit wasn't a pot at you - just a general observation that even if you (in general not actually you) don't like mick, you can't still think mick will waste pick 6 to piss Collingwood off.

T'was the way you interpreted it miss ;)
Ps. I love the s**t out of Mick. Haha!!!

#38 looks certain to be free for a J Garlett...

So I don't want to be that guy.

But every second kick in that Garlett highlights package is a turnover.
He does need to work on his kicking, but I don't think it's as bad as that. His speed is elite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back