RIP: Obituaries, memorials and things like that

Remove this Banner Ad

You catch Kerry's RIP tweet today, Langers?
Yes I did. Bricks and containers..... he has a way.
I imagine the two would have shared many a beer together.

RIP Jim Keays, frontman for The Masters Apprentices. He was 67.

Sad about Jim Keays. Before the Masters gained popularity, Jim used to do the odd jam session with my brother's band, and he seemed a really nice guy. He used to see me in the back yard bowling cricket balls and nicknamed me Richie Benaud :)

"The Ugly" Eli Wallach has died aged 98.

eli-wallach-1-by-vanKristen[227486].jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Sculthorpe, aged 85.
Great Australian composer, although certainly not pleasing to the ear for many.

It's a shame that most people would not have heard of Percy Grainger, let alone Sculthorpe. Modern 'classical' music isn't really on the radar for most people these days, particularly the Australian variety.

I saw Lauren on the stage many years in Melbourne. Tennessee Williams' Sweet Bird of Youth, I believe.

Man she was glamorous, we hung out at the stagedoor to catch a glimpse of her post performance.

She left wearing a fur coat, sunglasses, carrying a huge bunch of flowers, looking every inch the Hollywood star.

quite rinocially, given the play she was performing in, there was a young guy waiting in the back of the car.

RIP.

I saw Lauren on the stage many years in Melbourne. Tennessee Williams' Sweet Bird of Youth, I believe.

Man she was glamorous, we hung out at the stagedoor to catch a glimpse of her post performance.

She left wearing a fur coat, sunglasses, carrying a huge bunch of flowers, looking every inch the Hollywood star.

quite rinocially, given the play she was performing in, there was a young guy waiting in the back of the car.

RIP.
I saw the same production. It was 1990 IIRC. The backstage crew (of who I knew several) could not speak highly enough of her.

Sic transit gloria.

Peter Sculthorpe, aged 85.
Great Australian composer, although certainly not pleasing to the ear for many.

It's a shame that most people would not have heard of Percy Grainger, let alone Sculthorpe. Modern 'classical' music isn't really on the radar for most people these days, particularly the Australian variety.
Massively influential for current Australian composers.

Though, must admit, it could be tough going listening to his music being performed.

It's left to Ross Edwards to carry the legacy onwards.

RIP to the poor little kid who was killed after being thrown off the Airmaxx 360 at the Royal Adelaide Show today.

My thoughts go out to her family.

I saw that just before. Tragic accident.

Vale Robbie Flower.

An amazing footballer.

59 is just too young.
Just saw this on Twitter ... Way too young. Didn't know he was ill. RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back