Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on that Age article, why would we go after Goody if he's got the drugs question mark hanging over his head??

It is when you pay out 1.2 million. You don't make a call like this unless you're 110% sure that you're making the right call.

Are we paying out that amount though? Talk in here that there were clauses in his extension about performance etc. We shall see if it is a complete payout or not.

People need to remember what Roo has seen and experienced. When he started in 1993 he was part of a team of skilled players who didn't live up to their potential for many reasons, the main reason being the coach's message was lost (under Cornes) and the standards were terrible (under Shaw). The talent never left - the leadership and coaching was average. He saw first-hand what strong, decisive, no-nonsense coaching and leadership can do to a club (Blight).

I believe Roo sees the same in our current group - particularly with such pure top-end talent - and knows what it takes.

Im more curious as to what the direction is and why Sando wasnt into that direction.

Who thought of this direction ?

Gerard Whateley fleshed this out a bit on 360.

Leadership group felt that Sando didn't "hold the line" on things they'd agreed on as a group - issues like the way he prepared them during the week, how they review games, how he instructed them, some relationships broke down during the year.

Weren't Fagan's words something along the lines of "The best people possible" in the coaching department? He also mentioned that this aspect of the club was a controllable.

This being said, I'm hopeful that the main reason we can't announce our new coach is that they are still involved with the finals...I would take any one of them in a heartbeat. You could throw C.Scott in the mix as well.

Above all, I want a coach at the helm of our club who is a total c**t. Needs to have mongrel, needs to have fire in the stomach and needs to inject a hardness into the club from the top that we've never seen before. I'm sure Roo is on the same page with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerard Whateley fleshed this out a bit on 360.

Leadership group felt that Sando didn't "hold the line" on things they'd agreed on as a group - issues like the way he prepared them during the week, how they review games, how he instructed them, some relationships broke down during the year.

Inconsistency now put into context

It's understood that Patrick Dangerfield's opinion was strongly taken into consideration, with thoughts the 2015 restricted free agent had sourced offers via his management about a move to a Victorian club either in this trade period, or via free agency next year.

With the Crows keen to extend Dangerfield's contract beyond next year, the removal of Sanderson as coach is said to be a "step in the right direction" to Dangerfield remaining at West Lakes.
So now Danger was for it?

Very harsh call on Sando - a victim of circumstance losing his senior assistant the past two seasons through suspension/death.

It would be a ridiculous call if Goodwin gets the job - that'd just be papering over the cracks, and would reek of Roo establishing a new boys club culture at the club.

I mentioned Chris Scott as an option, surely the Club is not stupid enough to sack someone and not have someone better to replace.
If they are not the right man for the job anymore, if the faith is gone, that's it..
It's over..
You don't keep them around until something better comes around, you go and find the best available that fits your club..
Sando was done at this club..

Very harsh call on Sando - a victim of circumstance losing his senior assistant the past two seasons through suspension/death.

It would be a ridiculous call if Goodwin gets the job - that'd just be papering over the cracks, and would reek of Roo establishing a new boys club culture at the club.

Some things were out of Sando control, however what he could control he did not receive a pass mark

Personally, I am not shocked at all by this decision. Sando may or may not have been a nice bloke but that is irrelevant to being a great coach. "Snake Oil" Sando as he quickly became known to me was an average coach at best. Unfortunately for him, his supplier ran out every second week.

As long as these heads keep rolling, I will remain excited that our footy club has finally decided that mediocrity is not good enough. Chapman must be next, the great AFC purge of 2014 must not end here. The AFC must adapt the mindset that being average is unacceptable, we need exceptional people at our footy club if we are to be the top of the food chain.

Make it happen Kingslayer!

Not sure on Leigh Tudor, don't know enough about him to be honest.

No more of this stuffing around with these unproven coaches in any case, a club of our standing should be able to recruit a proven coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back