Royals thread Forever Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

No East Fremantle from memory had like 12 AFL listed players in their 2012 GF side

Gummies :-

Mitch Brown - Eagles
Brad Dalziell - Eagles
Sam Menegola - was he a Rookie at Freo at this time ?.
Brad Dick - Eagles
Jacob Brennan - Eagles
Jonathan Griffin - Freo
Koby Stevens - Eagles
Cam Sutcliffe - Freo

Tigers :-

Jeremy McGovern - Eagles
Lewis Stevenson - Eagles
Tom Swift - Hair Dressing Salon
Nic Suban - Freo
Gerrick Weedon - still on Eagles list ?.

Former AFL :-

Steven Dodd
Mark Mcgough
Brock O'Brien
Richard Hadley
Chad Jones
Luke Blackwell
Byron Schammer
Paul Medhurst
Andrew Foster
James Thomson ( listed, no games )

So I make it 8 current Gummies, 5 current Tigers and 10 ex AFL listed players.

So the real GF was played last week, how many people are we going to get to this Sunday's exhibition match between 5 and 10 thousand would be my guess.

Why would you care? How did your alignment club go this year? The future isn't looking too bright for Fremantle if your depth at Peel is anything to go by.

Why would you care? How did your alignment club go this year? The future isn't looking too bright for Fremantle if your depth at Peel is anything to go by.

It's got nothing to do with our depth at Peel as to why Peel had an indifferent year. Peel don't have the quality of WAFL player that East Perth does and it shows. You guys aligned with last years Grand Finalists with a lot of hardened, experienced players. Surprise, surprise , you make another Grannie.

It's got nothing to do with our depth at Peel as to why Peel had an indifferent year. Peel don't have the quality of WAFL player that East Perth does and it shows. You guys aligned with last years Grand Finalists with a lot of hardened, experienced players. Surprise, surprise , you make another Grannie.
You are wrong there. They aligned the year before. Went from mid table to Grand Finalist with half alignment. Have gone from Grand Finalist to asterisk this year with full alignment

You are wrong there. They aligned the year before. Went from mid table to Grand Finalist with half alignment. Have gone from Grand Finalist to asterisk this year with full alignment
Fair point.

I don't have an alignment club I follow Perth , even though I'm a Freo member I couldn't give a chit what happens to Peel the only thing I hope for is no injuries to Freo listed players.

Like I said in a previous post I would walk away from the PFC if they became aligned, winning a flag because of the alignment would be a hollow feeling after getting a keg up from an AFL club.

Now children, getting a bit childish in here. Play the ball, not the man.

Will be interesting to see the makeup of the Royals this weekend. Will they play Eagles who have not played the majority of the season ?, will a good local ( regular ) be pushed aside ?.

Royals 1978 would thump Royals 2014, that is even with Paul Arnold.

I have no problem with the Eagles youngsters playing today, but if Butler & McGinnity play, that is where the controversy occurs.

Spirit of the game, that is what the Royals hierarchy need to keep in mind.

Spot on. Not as fussed about McGinnity and the other AFL non regulars but if Butler plays that's a distinct advantage to the Royals. FTR i think East Perth win today by a margin of around 6 goals, even though my neutral allegiances lie with Subi. EP just have too many better players across the park. Bitter sweet for players like Sinclair and Sheed (ex Subi) if they do win.

Subi would give anything to have Sinclair today i believe. Sheed would be a great addition also but Sinclair I think will have a huge impact on the result. My favourite for the Simpson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference was 22 Subi player's played for the jumper.
So true. As much as I dislike $ubi, They were WAFL players playing for a WAFL club.

We have lost our heart! Not our soul, our heart.
Be honest. The diehards, the True Royals, those who have been around this club forever know it and feel it deep down. Like realising a marriage is over, that you just aren't in love anymore. It was not the same this year, so far from it. That is how it feels for me.
So many good people we have lost, some have walked away and some have simply been nudged backwards because of the necessity for a Flag. The Eagles merger was done for that purpose by Bronte. This was brilliantly evident yesterday after the game. Bronte expressed his personal frustration and disgust at how the players had let HIM down. About how much "he had worked to set this up". Dawson said in the media after the game that he "had not come here today expecting to lose". So there was no escape plan, no heart to fight that a True Royals TEAM would have found! Just an assumption, (as with Bronte and so many others) that "This Flag is so easy ours!" Well it was not.
I don't want to get into the whole "It had to happen (the merger), because the WAFL is dying" etc etc, as that is a moot point. But I will say, that we could (should) have held out, we could (should) have knocked it back and a forced change would have occurred. It is inevitable that this change would have happened and I talk of a FFC and WCE Reserves team system. Us and Peel are (and always were going to be) a "Trial" for the WAFC. To show that this type of team can work within the WAFL and NOT dominate the competition. WCE are moving to Lathlain. In 4 years (if it lasts that long - and it will not) we are going to be dropped like a cheap hooker. The WCE will say, "thanks whore, but we are finished with you now". In the meantime, Bronte would have hoped like hell in that time we could have squeezed a Premiership out of it. Hey why wouldn't he? It makes great business sense. But in doing this, we have sold our heart.
Driving home, I was crying not for the loss, but for one thing and one thing only, Craig Wulff! Yes he had a quiet game and a number of our boys did, but Craig is a very emotionally driven player. He feeds off the guts and determination the jumper brings. But the "fuel" for Craig was not there, the spark for him and others to ignite was not there. The WCE players were deemed to fail, not because they cannot play footy, but because the system is flawed.
Anyone who has ever played this game at a high level, will know that to succeed on the field, you must always have your mates around you, in the trenches when the hard work is getting done. It is impossible to build comradery and to evolve the pride of the jumper and the history of the club into players who are not around the club during the week. Those who are not at training, involved in the club, seeing the passion and what it means to players like Wulff.
You cannot expect the WCE players to play for our jumper, when they are not emotionally attached to it. And they are not! Of course they are not, why would they be? They are Eagles, not Royals.....True Royals! If anything it is corrosive and no matter how you dress it up saying, "The players do interact", "they do have drinks together" or "they still visit the club during the week and after training" etc etc, they are still separate! It is always Us and Them, it cannot be any other way under the system as it is today.
Yesterday's loss did more damage to this club than winning the game could ever have done. As a result, the East Perth name has been demoted to a laughing stock (at best) and the Coat of Arms that we have cherished for generations means nothing. "May we remain Royal, today, yesterday and tomorrow", has no significance today.
This was a Royals Grand Final, yet the crowd was the lowest it has been since 1944. Have a look at any EPFC Final over the past 20 years and the numbers have always been a large percentage higher than any other club and opposition clash. It is what we do, because we love OUR ROYALS. But we were not there!
Finally, Subiaco? Look at the heart they had. The "Oneship", the true want to win for each other. 2 Players and the Coach on that podium mentioned Barry Strack, not a player, not a President but the Property Man. We don't have that true heart or humility. Our past players are taken for granted and other volunteers are treated like second rate citizens. We are no longer a family. That was astoundingly evident yesterday.
I am truly heartbroken.

Be honest. The diehards, the True Royals, those who have been around this club forever know it and feel it deep down. Like realising a marriage is over, that you just aren't in love anymore. It was not the same this year, so far from it. That is how it feels for me.
So many good people we have lost, some have walked away and some have simply been nudged backwards because of the necessity for a Flag. The Eagles merger was done for that purpose by Bronte. This was brilliantly evident yesterday after the game. Bronte expressed his personal frustration and disgust at how the players had let HIM down. About how much "he had worked to set this up". Dawson said in the media after the game that he "had not come here today expecting to lose". So there was no escape plan, no heart to fight that a True Royals TEAM would have found! Just an assumption, (as with Bronte and so many others) that "This Flag is so easy ours!" Well it was not.
I don't want to get into the whole "It had to happen (the merger), because the WAFL is dying" etc etc, as that is a moot point. But I will say, that we could (should) have held out, we could (should) have knocked it back and a forced change would have occurred. It is inevitable that this change would have happened and I talk of a FFC and WCE Reserves team system. Us and Peel are (and always were going to be) a "Trial" for the WAFC. To show that this type of team can work within the WAFL and NOT dominate the competition. WCE are moving to Lathlain. In 4 years (if it lasts that long - and it will not) we are going to be dropped like a cheap hooker. The WCE will say, "thanks whore, but we are finished with you now". In the meantime, Bronte would have hoped like hell in that time we could have squeezed a Premiership out of it. Hey why wouldn't he? It makes great business sense. But in doing this, we have sold our heart.
Driving home, I was crying not for the loss, but for one thing and one thing only, Craig Wulff! Yes he had a quiet game and a number of our boys did, but Craig is a very emotionally driven player. He feeds off the guts and determination the jumper brings. But the "fuel" for Craig was not there, the spark for him and others to ignite was not there. The WCE players were deemed to fail, not because they cannot play footy, but because the system is flawed.
Anyone who has ever played this game at a high level, will know that to succeed on the field, you must always have your mates around you, in the trenches when the hard work is getting done. It is impossible to build comradery and to evolve the pride of the jumper and the history of the club into players who are not around the club during the week. Those who are not at training, involved in the club, seeing the passion and what it means to players like Wulff.
You cannot expect the WCE players to play for our jumper, when they are not emotionally attached to it. And they are not! Of course they are not, why would they be? They are Eagles, not Royals.....True Royals! If anything it is corrosive and no matter how you dress it up saying, "The players do interact", "they do have drinks together" or "they still visit the club during the week and after training" etc etc, they are still separate! It is always Us and Them, it cannot be any other way under the system as it is today.
Yesterday's loss did more damage to this club than winning the game could ever have done. As a result, the East Perth name has been demoted to a laughing stock (at best) and the Coat of Arms that we have cherished for generations means nothing. "May we remain Royal, today, yesterday and tomorrow", has no significance today.
This was a Royals Grand Final, yet the crowd was the lowest it has been since 1944. Have a look at any EPFC Final over the past 20 years and the numbers have always been a large percentage higher than any other club and opposition clash. It is what we do, because we love OUR ROYALS. But we were not there!
Finally, Subiaco? Look at the heart they had. The "Oneship", the true want to win for each other. 2 Players and the Coach on that podium mentioned Barry Strack, not a player, not a President but the Property Man. We don't have that true heart or humility. Our past players are taken for granted and other volunteers are treated like second rate citizens. We are no longer a family. That was astoundingly evident yesterday.
I am truly heartbroken.
Strong username to post ratio.

I am truly heartbroken.

TL;DR.

Be honest. The diehards, the True Royals, those who have been around this club forever know it and feel it deep down. Like realising a marriage is over, that you just aren't in love anymore.

I am truly heartbroken.

mate get over it ( I do feel your pain ), the weather was crap to start off with not many supporters would go out in that, we are stuck with wce for the next few years but when wce move to lathlain perth will grab onto wce then if the current model continues, subi played better end of storey

Crap game, deplorable performance by East Perth. Another year another wet Grand Final another inept performance.

So this alignment is going to make the WAFL a farce? Hasn't helped East Perth to a flag, hasn't help Peel become relevant, think we all need to stop being so ******* hysterical about the alignment. If it goes in the next year or 2 then brilliant, but the fact that most of those West Coast players have the heart of a pea means they become liability in tough games.

Congratulations Subi, by far the better team yesterday and thoroughly deserved it.

[QUOTEincorrect"who gives a, post: 35031892, member: 47761"]I don't give a rats arse about the other clubs or their supporters, these clubs voted in the current system for $$$$ East Perth have always been hated and we love it. Suck it up princess.[/QUOTE]
That statement is wrong.The G7 clubs did not vote for the current arrangement. They where just told and that was the end of it.Im only posting because I dont want to see this great WAFL club EP destroyed.The AFL alignment is destroying the Royals.

11.900 at the GF ! I don't care what the weather was like, it was the alignment that stopped the Royals crowd from attending. Sure a few would of stayed home because of the weather but the facts are East Perth at grand finals have always been a big crowd puller. I've been to every GF since 96 that EP have been in, I Was 17 and the game was everything my oldman had said it would be. I've still never witnessed a game like that game and I'm pretty sure I won't again. Have all the money in the world but what's it for without a heart ? Crowds down 19% and that's with us winning :/ imagine if we weren't winning. EP supporters have been copping it for this alignment, yet we don't want it. I miss getting called the ferals :( , Good old banter... The passion is gone the heart is gone and the Crowds are a joke. BRONTE Screw the money and dump this alignment.

I am truly heartbroken.
Really good post, enjoyed reading it..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back