Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be an absolute disaster if we didnt.

Imagine if Goodwin, Dew and Bassett have all said they want to stay where they are.

How can you possibly then saying the new coach is the betters person for the job compared to Sando?

you wont see many assistant coaches knocking back a head coaching role
Think there's a very good chance McKenna will be sacked tomorrow. And if he does, nobody's going to complain because Gold Coast have managed the situation perfectly. People are aware a meeting is happening tomorrow, they're aware there's a review taking place and they're aware that decisions may be made. Because people aren't in the dark and see the process unfolding, they're going to be inclined to assume the decision was well thought out.

Half leaking a decision to Bone and Rowe then turning off your phones and half announcing it after the media have already done it for you is nothing like that. It indicates a rash decision making process with no real accountability or structure or authority. Even if the decision was correct, the process of it actually happening and being communicated to those outside the inner sanctum has been botched so incredibly badly and is indicative of just how incompetent the administration of our club is. It's argument enough as to why the board need to go.

I disagree, there is no perfect way in sacking a coach, this is about as good as it gets, the timing is spot on for mine, plenty of time to get the right man in place for the start of next year, the wheels would have been in place for awhile. sando had to go

Re the bolded bit. Seriously can we stop this utter rubbish!!

How on earth would you know, how the hell could you make this claim???

You've missed my point.

I'm not saying that was the case, I'm saying the way they've handled the communication side destroys the perceived credibility of the decision, even if it was the right one.

Think there's a very good chance McKenna will be sacked tomorrow. And if he does, nobody's going to complain because Gold Coast have managed the situation perfectly. People are aware a meeting is happening tomorrow, they're aware there's a review taking place and they're aware that decisions may be made. Because people aren't in the dark and see the process unfolding, they're going to be inclined to assume the decision was well thought out.

Half leaking a decision to Bone and Rowe then turning off your phones and half announcing it after the media have already done it for you is nothing like that. It indicates a rash decision making process with no real accountability or structure or authority. Even if the decision was correct, the process of it actually happening and being communicated to those outside the inner sanctum has been botched so incredibly badly and is indicative of just how incompetent the administration of our club is. It's argument enough as to why the board need to go.

Let's wait until the presser tomorrow before making judgments. It's harsh for sure, but let's let this play out.

Let's wait until the presser tomorrow before making judgments. It's harsh for sure, but let's let this play out.

I would rather hit 100 pages tonight. 30 minutes to go 24 pages needed. I think we are slowing down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the 6 coaches currently ranked in the top 6 on the ladder, if we were to knab one of them however unlikely, the only one I could see us getting is Clarkson.

He's been at Hawthorn a long time, has 2 premierships, likely a 3rd IMO, he might want a new challenge.

would love clarko, but with his health issues im not sure he would up and move to adelaide

My take on how its been handled is that the club was having difficulty in notifying all parties and we're hoping to keep it under wraps until tomorrow's press conference, however it leaked, then snowballed until he club's hand was forced.

For the record, I am somewhat pleased our club has decided to grow some balls and draw a line in the sand.

Enough is enough . Welcome back to the table, AFC; don't * up the next hand.

Okay wow what a day.

I'm sad and excited all at the same time. Clearly we all had some concerns about Sando and if he isn't the man to take us to our next flag then why should he sit in the seat?

The AFC has made a bold move here and I love our tenacity. HUGE off season. We need a new coach ASAP though. Needs to be appointed well before the trade period commences on October 3rd...

Did the club leak the news, or did Sando (or his management) leak it?

You've missed my point.

I'm not saying that was the case, I'm saying the way they've handled the communication side destroys the perceived credibility of the decision, even if it was the right one.

You made a statement "It indicates a rash decision making process with no real accountability", and I would say it was based on your own personal opinion of the way it broke.
That doesn't make the decision rash or lacking accountability in any way whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back