BigFooty Phantom
Mar 20, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Kenilworth
the ace in the hole.

899352-sarah-cumming-and-stuart-dew.jpg

Hmmm first Alana Fox ... now the woman in red .... surely that would give us more tv exposure than looking at kockhead

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Surely if it were the latter 5AA wouldn't have had to spend 4 hours trying to get verification.
I would have thought the opposite.

If a manager told them, that is not the official line from the club. They probably needed to confirm it with the club before "running with it". I guess it was obvious when the club was silent and other interstate media outlets starting reporting it as news, Rowie and McDermott then had to discuss it more openly.

If the club leaked it, they would have been more comfortable breaking the story earlier as it would be official.

People would still be listening regardless of whether they broke it at 3pm or 6pm. If anything the early break would be better for ratings as people (who probably don't post here) would want to call up and discuss it and hear other people's opinion, as we have all done here.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Its really simple, inform staff at 9am, have a presser at 2pm.

Is it really that hard?
When you have 100 people to deal with in a media driven environment?

They've done exceptionally well to do review on a coaching panel which recommends changing the coach and not letting anyone know until the day before s presser.

I'd even suggest the leak was premeditated to take the heat out of the presser and make it a reflection rather than an event

ruscy002

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
this certainly flies in the face of triggs "I've left the club in great shape".

And this thread hits it's high note :thumbsu:

I don't know if this makes be angry because of all the damage he's done to this club, or happy because he's now systematically ******* up Carlton instead of us.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I would have thought the opposite.

If a manager told them, that is not the official line from the club. They probably needed to confirm it with the club before "running with it". I guess it was obvious when the club was silent and other interstate media outlets starting reporting it as news, Rowie and McDermott then had to discuss it more openly.

If the club leaked it, they would have been more comfortable breaking the story earlier as it would be official.
If they podcast their show listen to the part when McDermott reads out the tweet breaking the news.

He was getting spoken to in his ear peice you can hear the voice. That part was setup im sure of it.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
I've got no issue how it was handled. Kept the media out of it totally, AFC command the story not the media and doesn't allow ferrets like Rucci to twist an angle when there isn't one.
Also makes the media muppets look stupid not to have the story or any inkling of one.
AFC have kept quiet on the Fagan signing and now Sando. Tight, cohesive and united. They've got a definite plan, they're controlling it on their terms and they're acting it out on their terms.
The rest will unfold. How it turns out in the next few years is another thing.

Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
Really can't see how we could be getting a senior coach from another club. More likely is the Dew, Bassett, Tudor, Burns, Goodwin assistant that has done some work. If that is the case I hope the club is a fair way down the road for the senior assistant position or would the new coach whoever that may be have a say in that?

Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
And this thread hits it's high note :thumbsu:

I don't know if this makes be angry because of all the damage he's done to this club, or happy because he's now systematically ******* up Carlton instead of us.
Said this earlier...they'll be going...*! He said they were in good shape and now the coach is getting boned and probably the rest of the panel as well. How can we trust anything that comes out of his mouth....suckers!

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
Of the 6 coaches currently ranked in the top 6 on the ladder, if we were to knab one of them however unlikely, the only one I could see us getting is Clarkson.

He's been at Hawthorn a long time, has 2 premierships, likely a 3rd IMO, he might want a new challenge.

If we get Clarkson do get get Gunston back too?

TexFactor

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Said this earlier...they'll be going...*! He said they were in good shape and now the coach is getting boned and probably the rest of the panel as well. How can we trust anything that comes out of his mouth....suckers!

it kinda feels like when that chick who wont take no for an answer finally finds a new boyfriend

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is an article up that says the press conference is set for 9am. Hopefully there is a stream but I doubt it since they didn't Monday.

This is why I have sympathy for Sando.

Sando entered the AFC he had this to deal with

Sando hired September 2011
AFC loses Davis, Maric and Bock

Tippet leaves end of season and AFC gets no compensation
Draft sanctions and losing draft picks meant no new top talent drafted that year.
Crows end up 3rd and within a kick of a Grand Final

Taylor Walker injures knee against the Blues in R5
Draft sanctions and losing draft picks meant no new top talent drafted that year again.
Crows end up 11th - 2 games outside of the 8 - Lost 5 games under 2 goals.

Captain VB is out injured for the year in preseason
Assistant coach Dean Bailey dies before season starts and is not replaced
Tex struggles to come to terms with AFL footy at the start of his comeback.
Lost Douglas, Lynch, Otten, Thompson at various stages during the year with Danger playing injured as well.
Lost Vince for Crouch who plays only a handful of games in his first year.
Crows end up 10th - 1 game outside of the 8 - Lost 6 games under 2 goals.

Sando sacked September 17th 2014

TexFactor

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
It seems like we are facing the possibility that our players want success so badly that they called to get their coach sacked, even tho they liked him as a person, cos they knew he couldn't take them to the top?

if true, I likey.

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Holy crap!!! The last time I saw any AFL news today was around 15:00pm, now I log on to bigfooty and I'm met with this thread! So what have I missed? Who's responsible (besides Sando, obviously)? Who pulled the trigger? Who, what, where, how, and why?:eek:

All I can say is FAN-EFFING-TASTIC, my club's finally grown a pair!:p

P.S. I feel a little sad for Sando, he seems like a genuinely nice guy and I was willing to give him next year as a last chance, but seeing the club take a strong stance in the pursuit of excellence is a breath of fresh air.

Hmmm first Alana Fox ... now the woman in red .... surely that would give us more tv exposure than looking at kockhead

Its our answer to Sunrises - Kochie. Her name is Sarah Cumming - I wont go there with her surname.

j9P3L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back