Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
F/S bidding is before the trade period.

Nice theory but the father son bid is done before the trade period so we will not have the higher pick until after (if my understanding is correct).

Come on Snoop you're better than that.
Father Son Bidding is done before any trades can be made.

my bad my bad....easy fellas.....i thought F/S bidding was on the first morning of trade period therefore could be done.

my bad my bad....easy fellas.....i thought F/S bidding was on the first morning of trade period therefore could be done.

No probs, it is confusing and easy to forget in the excitement of coming up with an idea (which I quite liked btw).

Haha, that makes no sense... Why would Hine do this? If he rates 14 or so players as better than Moore, and can therefore get access to any one of at least 6 of them, why exactly would he select Moore?

Because hes not stupid and knows that its a lottery, and he knows that Moore being a kpp is a type of player we need anyway. If we had a top three pick then he may have a dilemma but at 8 or 9 hes not going to get nit-picky over a few spots in the pecking order.

Maybe at s**t clubs like Melbourne, Richmond and Carlton. I would hope that our club has more sense than to boot someone with an excellent track record over a single wrong decision.
Like every recruiter Hine is not perfect look at some of his trades. Ie pick 14 for Cameron Wood, he has done a very good job at the Pies but if he fails to pick Moore up it is not his first mistake. Not at least nominating Stewart is not looking great right now either.

Like every recruiter Hine is not perfect look at some of his trades. Ie pick 14 for Cameron Wood, he has done a very good job at the Pies but if he fails to pick Moore up it is not his first mistake. Not at least nominating Stewart is not looking great right now either.

Please. Stewart hasn't done anything yet. At least save this judgment for a year where Stewart can play at least half a season of football, and then we can start discussing whether or not it was a mistake.

In terms of trades, the coach usually has a fair bit of input because of exposed form at AFL level. His youth recruitment has generally been top notch.

And stop banging on about Stewart. He's played 1 good game. For all we know he could stink it up for the rest of his contract at GWS and get delisted.
If Stewart turns into a great KPP in a few years, then by all means start lamenting the fact we passed on him, but as it is now, it's way too early to tell if it was a mistake.

Hine is just playing Funny Buggers with Moore

I hope not. If he doesn't rate him top 8 then I expect his not to draft Moore. Nothing funny about it.

Sentiment should not come in to it. A few years ago Adelaide supports went psycho when their club took a Victorian over a local. Dangerfield turned out alright for them in the end though.

In terms of trades, the coach usually has a fair bit of input because of exposed form at AFL level. His youth recruitment has generally been top notch.

And stop banging on about Stewart. He's played 1 good game. For all we know he could stink it up for the rest of his contract at GWS and get delisted.
If Stewart turns into a great KPP in a few years, then by all means start lamenting the fact we passed on him, but as it is now, it's way too early to tell if it was a mistake.

Agree. Young, Lynch, Russell, Armstrong, White & Clark if he comes, would all have to be ticked off by the coach.

Passing him is not the issue the problem is the fact Hine did not even nominate him. The coach may say what type of player who he wants but Mick was not the man who gave up pick 14 for Wood. All AFL games have recruiters there watching same with the 2's even if Mick said look at get Wood to the club Hine is still the bloke who thought he was worth pick 14

Passing him is not the issue the problem is the fact Hine did not even nominate him. The coach may say what type of player who he wants but Mick was not the man who gave up pick 14 for Wood. All AFL games have recruiters there watching same with the 2's even if Mick said look at get Wood to the club Hine is still the bloke who thought he was worth pick 14
99.9% sure the coach would have to give the go-ahead in a trade scenario like that one.
Hine would have likely come to Mick with the option of Wood, or the player he would most likely take at that pick.
And make no mistake, Malthouse had a lot more say in recruitment than Buckley does. It's safe to say that Bucks trusts Hines judgement way more than Mick did.

When is the F/S selections happening?
(Can someone edit that into the thread title)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

& the Moore family are towing the line...
After the TAC Grand Final I expect Darcy to limp everywhere he goes until noon on the 6 Oct, then he can run, jump & skip as much as he likes.
Crutches and moon boot please, stack of ice on his hips, perhaps even a wheelchair

99.9% sure the coach would have to give the go-ahead in a trade scenario like that one.
Hine would have likely come to Mick with the option of Wood, or the player he would most likely take at that pick.
And make no mistake, Malthouse had a lot more say in recruitment than Buckley does. It's safe to say that Bucks trusts Hines judgement way more than Mick did.
Mick rated Hine he didn't rate Judkins though that is why he was replaced. Even if Mick did say yes Hine is still the one who offered that up. Mick was not paid to recruit he was paid to coach he has no clue what someone is worth

When something goes wrong the person at the top gets fired that is how it works
Wait a sec, did every other recruiter get sacked when they let a high volume, goal kicking mid who is probably the best of his draft class slip to #29 in 2008, in Beams? Or is it that sometimes recruiters can't get it right 100% of the time, and if they did, their team could win the premiership every year?

Because hes not stupid and knows that its a lottery, and he knows that Moore being a kpp is a type of player we need anyway. If we had a top three pick then he may have a dilemma but at 8 or 9 hes not going to get nit-picky over a few spots in the pecking order.

Nah, I tried to ignore this, but it just makes no sense, and I need to respond.

Why would Hine pre-commit to take Moore if 8 if he only rated him around the 15 mark (based on all things considered, including team needs)? He simply wouldn't. Even if what you said was right, then Hine could simply leave that decision to the draft day.

But again, let's be clear - you are suggesting that even in the event that Hine rates Moore at about 15, he will take him with pick 8. That will not happen.

Is anyone else reading this...?

Why would Hine pre-commit to take Moore if 8 if he only rated him around the 15 mark (based on all things considered, including team needs)? He simply wouldn't. Even if what you said was right, then Hine could simply leave that decision to the draft day.

But again, let's be clear - you are suggesting that even in the event that Hine rates Moore at about 15, he will take him with pick 8. That will not happen.

He's saying Hine would not do it because he'd rather take someone he valued at pick 15 with pick 8, than put his entire career on the line.... I think.

We would have to rate Darcy top 6 (not top 8) realistically to take him IMO. It would be almost certain that we would rate our pick 8 higher than 1 or 2 of the players taken before, so we would bank on getting someone in our top 6 at pick 8 most likely.

Getting Moore is a Sure Thing but we pass we are then taking a Maybe a Player will be there

If Hine rates Moore as a 1-8 pick in the talent pool, he will spend the first round on him if someone bids. If he rates Moors at 9+, I reckon he will let Moore go to the highest bidder.

Clear cut and ruthless - you have to be. I want the 8th best player (or better) in the draft. If Hine rates Moore the 11th best player and selects him at 8/9 cos his dad played for us 30+ years ago - he is letting us all down.

I hope he is rated top 5 and we get him as the romantic aspect is great. I have checked this thread twice a day for a year cos I'm praying he is the second coming and I love him. F/S gives us an advantage, but if he ain't top 10 and someone bids for him - I want the best we can get.

If Hine rates Moore as a 1-8 pick in the talent pool, he will spend the first round on him if someone bids. If he rates Moors at 9+, I reckon he will let Moore go to the highest bidder.

Clear cut and ruthless - you have to be. I want the 8th best player (or better) in the draft. If Hine rates Moore the 11th best player and selects him at 8/9 cos his dad played for us 30+ years ago - he is letting us all down.

I hope he is rated top 5 and we get him as the romantic aspect is great. I have checked this thread twice a day for a year cos I'm praying he is the second coming and I love him. F/S gives us an advantage, but if he ain't top 10 and someone bids for him - I want the best we can get.

I would love Moore but I agree Hine is not Sentmental and If he does not rate him that Highly he would just let him to go the the Team that Bids with there 1st Round.

Though I think he would be in there top 8

8 to 15 are more than a few spots I think what Timmy was getting at if he rates Moore 9-11 best he would still take him as he fits a list need
Wait a sec, did every other recruiter get sacked when they let a high volume, goal kicking mid who is probably the best of his draft class slip to #29 in 2008, in Beams? Or is it that sometimes recruiters can't get it right 100% of the time, and if they did, their team could win the premiership every year?
Matthew Rendel did and he had the pick before us, mids are different to KPP as it is a lot easier to find good mids.

I would love Moore but I agree Hine is not Sentmental and If he does not rate him that Highly he would just let him to go the the Team that Bids with there 1st Round.

Though I think he would be in there top 8
Hine is brilliant. Not only is he sewing seeds of doubt in other recruiters minds, he is even causing BF posters to 2nd guess what he will do.
I'm sure we will land Moore...but we can never be 100% sure with our Mr Hine.
Damn...Hine is inside my head...

Jesse White, Clinton Young, Quinten Lynch, Tony Armstrong. Check mate

Well, you're either very brave or under 15 years old.
  • Todd Ridley in, compensation pick out. Compo pick turns into Matthew Lloyd.
  • Tony Delaney in, compensation pick out. Compo pick turns into Scott Lucas.
  • Chris Groom in, Andrew McLeod out.
  • David Hynes in, Phil Matera and pick 3 out.
  • Tony Godden in, compensation pick out. Compo pick turns into David Wirrpanda.
  • Trent Croad in, pick 1, 20, 36 out. Pick 1 turns into Luke hodge. Pick 36 turns into Sam Mitchell.
  • Two years later, Trent Croad out, pick 10 in. Pick 10 turns into WAFL battler Riley Dunn.
  • Chris Tarrant in, Paul Medhurst and pick 8 out. Medhurst becomes AA. Pick 8 turns into Ben Reid who becomes AA.
  • A few years later, Chris Tarrant out, pick 40-something in.
  • If you want to talk about recycled failures in recent years: Scott Gumbleton, Colin Sylvia, Jack Anthony and Kepler Bradley.
  • I'll leave the drafting specifics out of it, but off the top of the head, Waterhouse, Longmuir, Polak, Palmer all very very high picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back