Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

If Beams is worth pick #4 then Ryder is worth the same cant have both Brisbane.
Of course Ryder is worth pick 4.

But under this circumstances, it wouldn't happen.

Plus it's not on the table, guessing our recruiters have a player locked in the draft.

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
I hate this time of year. * me.

Just because this is the Essendon board it doesn't mean that we don't welcome opposition supporters here. It also shouldn't mean that we use our board to post complete rubbish.

Some of the posting that has been done on this board recently rivals some done on the HTB. At least we know that what is posted on the HTB is a pisstake and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Trade time isn't fantasy footy, it isn't a math problem and you can't just purchase anything on the list.

I hate this time of year. **** me.

Just because this is the Essendon board it doesn't mean that we don't welcome opposition supporters here. It also shouldn't mean that we use our board to post complete rubbish.

Some of the posting that has been done on this board recently rivals some done on the HTB. At least we know that what is posted on the HTB is a pisstake and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Trade time isn't fantasy footy, it isn't a math problem and you can't just purchase anything on the list.
This.

Some seriously average sh*t happening in the past few pages.

Yep tough work being a mod and having to trudge through all the hypothetical trades during trade time.

Comparable to being a roof tiler in summer I suppose. :p
Not quite, we don't have to be out in the blazing sun, we literally sit at computers ;)

Plus it's not on the table, guessing our recruiters have a player locked in the draft.

Circumstances? Oh you mean the fact he's still contracted. Can't believe the smugness when other teams are also interested.

The biggest spineless and gutless campaigner of them all Andy Maher said (on SEN) he has 'good' mail that Ryder will be going to Sydney. He than went on to say that his source is 'usually spot on', but isn't 100% convinced this time but 'will go with it any way'.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

I think this is the point that is being missed.

If Ryder really wont leave unless we are adequately compensated then a deal with Brisbane is all but impossible. What would be the point of paying top dollar for a player who is a slight upgrade on the two quality ruckmen, the same age as Ryder, that you already have?

I can't see how Brisbane would ever part with 4 or any decent player to get Ryder.

The biggest spineless and gutless campaigner of them all Andy Maher said (on SEN) he has 'good' mail that Ryder will be going to Sydney. He than went on to say that his source is 'usually spot on', but isn't 100% convinced this time but 'will go with it any way'.
Russel Barwick has been saying Sydney are into him. He thought the tw Sydney clubs were the front runners.

He was one of the people picking Buddy to Sydney too when too even when others disagreed.

Last edited:

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Mitchell and first rounder and lets move on.

I sincerely hope we don't even enter into negotiations over a new contract in the short term. He has two years left, he's been a complete campaigner about the whole thing, and he can wait until our higher priority re-signings like Heppell, Carlisle, Baguley, Stanton etc. are done, any free agency moves are considered and any trade targets considered.

Until then, if he wants to leave, he can find a club willing to cough up a top 10 pick and a lock best 22 player, or he can perform the duties he's contracted to do and well paid for.

As much as I would hate to see Sydney poach another player with their increased salary cap, it would suit you guys.

I would assume most Bomber supporters would do a Ryder for Mitchell plus picks?

I think that's the case as well. Pyke is shite and they have an endless salary cap*.

As much as I would hate to see Sydney poach another player with their increased salary cap, it would suit you guys.

I would assume most Bomber supporters would do a Ryder for Mitchell plus picks?

Middling player who is slow with poor disposal and some mediocre picks? Where do we sign up?

Back