Official Club Stuff Ask GCFC Digital. Be respectful and appreciative

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, I want to echo the love for Seven Nation Army, I really badly want it to catch on.

The reason why I'm bumping a month old topic to post this? I came across this last night and while granted it's about 90k more people than we average at a Suns game. This is what a home crowd advantage looks like.

Notre Dame vs Michigan 2011 - Seven Nation Army C…:

Mini pop poms anyone?

I'm really excited to see what ideas the digital media department have for 2015. Thanks for the great year you guys. (Free Maysie May ;))

Again, I want to echo the love for Seven Nation Army, I really badly want it to catch on.

The reason why I'm bumping a month old topic to post this? I came across this last night and while granted it's about 90k more people than we average at a Suns game. This is what a home crowd advantage looks like.

Notre Dame vs Michigan 2011 - Seven Nation Army C…:

Mini pop poms anyone?

I'm really excited to see what ideas the digital media department have for 2015. Thanks for the great year you guys. (Free Maysie May ;))

Imagine that with the $5 Suns flags that are sold around Metricon. Crazy.

Can't we find a song that only we play? Seven Nation Army is everywhere.
You're not the first person to tell me this and I'll admit there's a point, Any suggestions?

I'll offer some up

Kernkraft 400 - Fallen out of favour dude to the rise of 7NA but still a classic if you can get it to match up with the video

House of the Rising Sun
Walking on Sunshine
Rock and Roll Part 2
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
The Final Countdown
300 Violin Orchestra
Radioactive
ESPN's Monday Night Football theme (don't look at me like that, 1% of people would notice)

And if course my bi-weekly request that we play Don't Stop Believing if we're losing at 3qtr time.

Does Rocket have a BLK on his shirt? Under the Suns logo?

B1PigZMCAAEsUEi.jpg

We know pre-season is around the corner....I really miss all the gym session videos on the Suns Youtube page from 2-3 seasons ago, so hopefully they do some fun stuff like that again and give us amateur footballers something to pick up and take into our own preseasons. Cheers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey GCFC Digital, do you know if the club is going to play Seven Nation Army in 2015 for the countdown to the first bounce? The reason I ask is because I (and Big Red Machine) think the echoes during that song could be a something that catches on for the Suns. I believe two things would help this become a reality and they are a training montage on the big screen and sound effects to encourage the audience to join in. Here is an example of the training montage the Miami Heat used in their build up to games last year:

Now obviously you would make it Suns themed so perhaps some of the players training on the beach in the sun while playing Seven Nation Army. Just like the Fire Up segment on the big screen that is often played after a goal, you should play the echoes over the speakers to encourage the audience to join in. Once it catches on you can remove the sound effects and the crowd should do it on their own accord. Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about, this is a video of the crowd doing the echoes:

Hey GCFC Digital, do you know if the club is going to play Seven Nation Army in 2015 for the countdown to the first bounce? The reason I ask is because I (and Big Red Machine) think the echoes during that song could be a something that catches on for the Suns. I believe two things would help this become a reality and they are a training montage on the big screen and sound effects to encourage the audience to join in. Here is an example of the training montage the Miami Heat used in their build up to games last year:

Now obviously you would make it Suns themed so perhaps some of the players training on the beach in the sun while playing Seven Nation Army. Just like the Fire Up segment on the big screen that is often played after a goal, you should play the echoes over the speakers to encourage the audience to join in. Once it catches on you can remove the sound effects and the crowd should do it on their own accord. Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about, this is a video of the crowd doing the echoes:

It's funny you mention that Matchu - I've actually pushed the Miami Heat intro as an example of what I'd like us to be able to do! The Cavs intro from their home opener this season was solid too...

Obviously we don't have the same resources and capabilities as the basketball teams in the US but I'm hoping that what we push out in the lead-up to the first bounce during our home games next year will fire up the crowd accordingly!

Stay tuned! It's a work in progress. :)

It's funny you mention that Matchu - I've actually pushed the Miami Heat intro as an example of what I'd like us to be able to do! The Cavs intro from their home opener this season was solid too...

Obviously we don't have the same resources and capabilities as the basketball teams in the US but I'm hoping that what we push out in the lead-up to the first bounce during our home games next year will fire up the crowd accordingly!

Stay tuned! It's a work in progress. :)

Great to hear we're on the same page. I watched the Cavs opener live and I can only imagine the atmosphere in the arena when LBJ said "there's no place like home" or when they introduced him from Akron, Ohio and the crowd went nuts. It would be incredible if we could replicate something like that in the AFL.

I would have thought the AFL would be in favour of some form of introduction similar to that in the NBA. They have specifically said in the past that there are player identification issues in QLD and NSW so they are aware of it. Obviously you can't change traditional things like running through the banner but I highly doubt they would be against some form of video package that introduces the players.

Like you said, you don't have the resources that a pro basketball team in the US does but I'm certain something can be done. Using Gary Ablett Jr in a similar way to LeBron will always get the crowd fired up. Both are the best players in their respective leagues so why not. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited:
While we're on the topic of fan engagement, I think the Suns are in the really fortunate position of being one of just three teams in the AFL that don't share their city with another team. This opens up doors for campaigns that play on ideas like home, your city and your team. I know the Suns have tried to play on this in the past by using the slogan Together We Are Stronger but you only have to watch that Cavaliers introduction video to see how passionate the crowds are in the US when they are reminded that it is their city's team.

Back to the introduction/countdown, the best I've seen in the AFL is from Port Adelaide:

The song Never Tear Us Apart plays on the history of the club and that's why the fans sing it so passionately but you can see the possibilities are vast when it comes to this sort of stuff. You can see the electronic signage at Adelaide Oval really adds to the atmosphere as well so I hope that is installed at Metricon some time in the near future. There are also options for the the team entrance as you can see here:

Last edited:
Hey GCFC Digital, I'm just wondering, are the Suns allowed to show the scores of other AFL games on the big screen? Seeing as every home game in 2015 will be on a Saturday (and most in the twilight slot) I think the crowd would really appreciate score updates between quarters. Maybe even updated ladders as well.

Hey GCFC Digital, I'm just wondering, are the Suns allowed to show the scores of other AFL games on the big screen? Seeing as every home game in 2015 will be on a Saturday (and most in the twilight slot) I think the crowd would really appreciate score updates between quarters. Maybe even updated ladders as well.
IIRC AO does this at games, which is very handy and would be a perfect addition to Metricon Stadium. There are plenty of Suns supporters who still support another team and would appreciate the updates.

I would like to see more member access to he players. for example letting the people come to training sessions, I believe getting people involved in the team would only benefit the players and the members. the players will actually see members, as people instaed of just red and yellow jumpers in a sea of red and yellow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back