Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh yes I do!!!
I'd go see JT in concert lol. Will post my favourite song of his when we get to T-bet you all can't wait.:D
I can't think of seeing him in any movies though?
I already gave you one...Southland Tales

I haven't seen any of those, not even Friends With Benefits (movie name made me laugh :D).
Remember that the Facebook movie was huge, but I didn't know JT was in it. :oops:

Side note-Bachelor said his favourite movie of all time was The Notebook!!! I'm a bit suspect, really don't believe it could be a guys favourite movie!

i was sure you would have seen friends with benefits with both jt and kunis.

yeah, he is lying.

Soledad is a great name.

Heard possibly the worst name ever today.

Woman playing with her toddler in the park where I work was calling her 'Chardonnay'.
giphy_zps4eb6c40c.gif

It is this sort of double standard that particularly shits me.

Don't forget this is the band that ignored a plea to play a high profile cancer charity gig in London in March. The Who's Roger Daltrey, the face of the event, took a pop at U2 at the time when asked who had declined his invite: "I should save their names for my book, but they're usually the ones who are saving the world instead."

yeah, i read that in an article and meant to post it but was walking my llama and the phone just started typing characters and then i forgot to send it and there it is sitting as a draft.
Some of your best work right there.

The llama was a nice touch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who don't already know.

Johann Wagner won "The Recruit". He agreed to join his hometown team Port Adelaide.

All the AFL clubs voted on which of the 3 players was the best and Wagner was deemed No. 1, Bradie Foster 2nd and Chris Moreland 3rd.

But when it came to offerring a position, only 3 clubs bid.

Port
Gold Coast
GWS

All other clubs passed.

For those who don't already know.

Johann Wagner won "The Recruit". He agreed to join his hometown team Port Adelaide.

All the AFL clubs voted on which of the 3 players was the best and Wagner was deemed No. 1, Bradie Foster 2nd and Chris Moreland 3rd.

But when it came to offerring a position, only 3 clubs bid.

Port
Gold Coast
GWS

All other clubs passed.
Liked the look of Wagner from the few episodes I saw. You'd think he'd have gotten a senior opportunity fairly early on if he'd gone with GWS or GC.

Will it cost PA a rookie spot?

Strangled Cat I've been having a read of the Sando sacking thread, and had no clue that the Crows were known as a 'boy's club'.

Just discussing it with some guys at work, and am keen to know if Port is also known in the same light? Or are the 2 SA clubs known for their different background/culture?

Strangled Cat I've been having a read of the Sando sacking thread, and had no clue that the Crows were known as a 'boy's club'.

Just discussing it with some guys at work, and am keen to know if Port is also known in the same light? Or are the 2 SA clubs known for their different background/culture?
Being an old Croweater I can probably shed some light on it.

Different culture for sure.

One (the Crows) is a "manufactured" club that came about when Port tried, unsuccessfully, to enter the competition.

Adelaide considered itself a club for SA but Port is born out of the Port Adelaide Magpies (very much a working class background).

That fact explains why Adelaide has, over the years, a lot of support and members while Port relied on its old Magpies supporterbase + a few newbies who hated the Crows.

Port Adelaide is the SA version of Collingwood - you either love them or hate them. Main difference to Collingwood, Port were super successful with 36 Premierships in the SANFL since their inception (they are widely regarded as the most successful football club in Australia).

Adelaide and its supporters, it was often joked, were the Chardonnay set.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...294067047?nk=b2cac6631f34a40b09c789e3c6d4b3ab

It doesn't surprise at all that it is a bit of a boy's club.

Liked the look of Wagner from the few episodes I saw. You'd think he'd have gotten a senior opportunity fairly early on if he'd gone with GWS or GC.

Will it cost PA a rookie spot?
Rookie Cat B (salary sits outside their cap).

Pivo explained it better than I could have hoped to. Well done Pivo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back