Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's saying Hine would not do it because he'd rather take someone he valued at pick 15 with pick 8, than put his entire career on the line.... I think.
But wouldn't it put his career on the line if he picked someone at 8 who didn't work out...? And by definition, Hine would think there were at least 6 other candidates who have a BETTER chance of working out than someone he rates at 15...

If Hine rates Moore as a 1-8 pick in the talent pool, he will spend the first round on him if someone bids. If he rates Moors at 9+, I reckon he will let Moore go to the highest bidder.

Clear cut and ruthless - you have to be. I want the 8th best player (or better) in the draft. If Hine rates Moore the 11th best player and selects him at 8/9 cos his dad played for us 30+ years ago - he is letting us all down.

I hope he is rated top 5 and we get him as the romantic aspect is great. I have checked this thread twice a day for a year cos I'm praying he is the second coming and I love him. F/S gives us an advantage, but if he ain't top 10 and someone bids for him - I want the best we can get.
Exactly. Well put.

8 to 15 are more than a few spots I think what Timmy was getting at if he rates Moore 9-11 best he would still take him as he fits a list need

Matthew Rendel did and he had the pick before us, mids are different to KPP as it is a lot easier to find good mids.

Timmy actually 15-20, so I'm not sure about the 9-11.

But still it wouldn't make sense, as Hine's ranking would take into account list need already...

So after just shy of 150 pages and 3,700+ posts we've regressed to a poster hoping he gets injured to devalue him, a Freo supporter ignorantly trashing Hine and general nitpicking all in the hope to get a genuine top 6-8 talent at a bargain basement price...

Do you know what % of people think he'll go in the second round outside the Collingwood bubble? None, zip, zilch, nada etc. everyone in the industry knows he's a premium talent except an absolute minority posting in this thread.

He'll be at Collingwood next year and we will be forced to use pick 9 on him. In an ideal world (draft wise) we finished bottom 4-6 and he gets passed on because that was the only way he'd slide to round 2. It's just unfortunate that the year we get a ripper FS we choose to play like mugs on field and not get the bargain we should have!

So after just shy of 150 pages and 3,700+ posts we've regressed to a poster hoping he gets injured to devalue him, a Freo supporter ignorantly trashing Hine and general nitpicking all in the hope to get a genuine top 6-8 talent at a bargain basement price...

Do you know what % of people think he'll go in the second round outside the Collingwood bubble? None, zip, zilch, nada etc. everyone in the industry knows he's a premium talent except an absolute minority posting in this thread.

He'll be at Collingwood next year and we will be forced to use pick 9 on him. In an ideal world (draft wise) we finished bottom 4-6 and he gets passed on because that was the only way he'd slide to round 2. It's just unfortunate that the year we get a ripper FS we choose to play like mugs on field and not get the bargain we should have!
Emma Quayle is unsure. That's one!

Correct she's unsure, but still stated we'll use our first on him.

It's also interesting to note from her article that she never commented on where he was rated only the possibility of there being a chance of us passing.

Tweet her where she rates him and I bet the response is in that 6-8 range :thumbsu:

FWIW I hope to god that I am wrong on this because it would set us up perfectly. I'm just going to be realistic about it and note hope he gets injured or something moronic like that...

That was just her Opinion really. There was nothing from Scouts or Collingwood.

Sounded like she was not sure because Collingwood has not committed to him.

Peter Moore said there be no talks about it until after the TAC CUP GF on sunday

That was just her Opinion really. There was nothing from Scouts or Collingwood.

Sounded like she was not sure because Collingwood has not committed to him.

Peter Moore said there be no talks about it until after the TAC CUP GF on sunday
Of course it's her opinion. Everything on this topic is opinion until bidding day.

Carlton will be without their list manager makes them all the more unpredictable. Still think the Dogs and Carlton are the real threats.
Only the dogs for me. That's why I wanted carlton to finish above them.:$ Malthouse is thinking about now. He won't be there in 3 years when Darcy starts to ripen. He'll want a midfielder that will come on quickly or a just in case to possibly to trade for known quality kid.

I think Gold Coast will want a rebounding defender type. The board is getting a little rustles with McKenna. He'll not want to wait another 3 years also.

The Dogs are a little more patient and are crying out for the exact type Darcy is. Pick 6 is a big play though. McDonald was a pick 6 bid but had played all year in the VFL and played well.

There's a chance here.

I would love Moore but I agree Hine is not Sentmental and If he does not rate him that Highly he would just let him to go the the Team that Bids with there 1st Round.

Though I think he would be in there top 8
Hine is brilliant. Not only is he sewing seeds of doubt in other recruiters minds, he is even causing BF posters to 2nd guess what he will do.
I'm sure we will land Moore...but we can never be 100% sure with our Mr Hine.
Damn...Hine is inside my head
Prediction:

It will get to bidding day and St Kilda will bid their no 1 pick and all this speculation will have been for nothing rofl
Then they may lose Petracca...doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hine is brilliant. Not only is he sewing seeds of doubt in other recruiters minds, he is even causing BF posters to 2nd guess what he will do.
I'm sure we will land Moore...but we can never be 100% sure with our Mr Hine.
Damn...Hine is inside my head

Then they may lose Petracca...doubt it.
Yeah. I was joking. Would be piss funny if it happened though.

Dave [or others], if you've been following talk recently, who would likely be available for us at 9 IF we didn't take Moore?

Pickett
Duggan
Goddard
Marchbank
Weller

Pickett
Duggan
Goddard
Marchbank
Weller

I seriously hope we don't consider any of them at 8.

Although it's not going to happen, if we don't take Moore it means somebody gazumped us and we didn't bid.

Should therefore mean somebody else slides

Brayshaw / wright / laverde for me please

I seriously hope we don't consider any of them at 8.

Although it's not going to happen, if we don't take Moore it means somebody gazumped us and we didn't bid.

Should therefore mean somebody else slides

Brayshaw / wright / laverde for me please

I think if we don’t match a 1st Rounder for Moore. Someone has offered us a Trade that we can’t Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back