Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other question is, how close (in terms of the playing group) are you to a premiership?

You guys finished 10th this season and by looking at the clubs above you, it's hard to see how Adelaide will finish better than 7th next season
OK Nostradamus, thanks for your input, now piss off!

The other question is, how close (in terms of the playing group) are you to a premiership?

You guys finished 10th this season and by looking at the clubs above you, it's hard to see how Adelaide will finish better than 7th next season
Sando?

What part of the words in the title "Crows Only" is not understood?

Haha they were just talking about Roo being described by Rooch as the "king maker".

Chapman mentioned that he also anointed Nigel Smart as the "king maker", Rooch then pipes up and flatly denied it. Well a quick google search once again had him scoring an own goal

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-new-crows-coach/story-e6frecoc-1226105465803

NIGEL Smart will chair the Crows' selection committee for its next coach.

This will enhance the premiership defender's image as the "king maker" at the Adelaide Football Club.

I think most of us feel like ourlist is pretty good. We've got a good core and have definitely under performed this year (a lot of it could be argued due to coaching decisions, strategy, structure and selections). On talent alone we should be playing finals IMO (we had 4 players who probablyshould have been AA and on top of that we've got Danger, Sloane and Walker... Really solid core. )

....i assume you're a crows supporter at heart?

I think most of us feel like ourlist is pretty good. We've got a good core and have definitely under performed this year (a lot of it could be argued due to coaching decisions, strategy, structure and selections). On talent alone we should be playing finals IMO (we had 4 players who probablyshould have been AA and on top of that we've got Danger, Sloane and Walker... Really solid core. )

....i assume you're a crows supporter at heart?

Please don't feed the troll.

Do you have a comprehension problem.

This is a "Crows only" thread!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How on earth can you say we are "better than that" when you have no idea about Dew's qualities. Every senior coach at some point was a highly-touted assistant coach. Here is a coach who has learnt from Clarkson, Longmire and Roos... and I reiterate my point - if not Dew, then who? Because it's better him than some of the names thrown around like Ratten and Eade.

You seem to be misguided into thinking my dislike of Dew means I am obliged to provide you with an alternative. Not so, my comment is purely about how I see the suitability of Dew, however I do agree with you that we should not try to recycle Ratten and Eade. But I never suggested those sort of names. And of course all assistant coaches have a learning experience from the likes of Clarkson etc etc. and this includes the coach we have just sacked. They all go through this process. In closure, I repeat, my view is no Dew.

I haven't followed things that closely but apparently Roo said they haven't got a successor clearly in mind? What in god's name would be the point of sacking Sanderson if we just end up with someone like Goodwin, with no more experience and coming from a club that barely outperformed us (not even touching the other potential baggage)

I haven't followed things that closely but apparently Roo said they haven't got a successor clearly in mind? What in god's name would be the point of sacking Sanderson if we just end up with someone like Goodwin, with no more experience and coming from a club that barely outperformed us (not even touching the other potential baggage)

Why keep him if he is clearly not up to the job and you are getting strong feedback from the leadership group that they want change?

The official line is that they don't have anyone lined up for the position. This makes sense as the outcome of the review was only made in the past few days and you don't go actively pursuing a replacement while someone is still in the job.

I have no doubt they would've been I officially canvassing the landscape for potential coaches though. Keeping in mind the 4 most successful coaching teams are still actually focused on winning games of football.

you obviously don't get it

Sando has lost the players confidence and trust, keeping Sando would most likely take us from bad to worse so even by appointing the next coach in waiting from the current industry assistant coaches pool is a better option than keeping Sando

2 things. One people surely cant believe everything that statement said. Ie, We dont have our man
And two what do people on here know that Paul Roos doesnt regarding Simon Goodwins credentials as a senior coach? Paul Roos seems to want him on board.

Why keep him if he is clearly not up to the job and you are getting strong feedback from the leadership group that they want change?
If he's genuinely not up to it then none whatsoever, does it take three years to form that assessment? Does any accountability stick to the players or the rest of the coaching lineup? I wasn't convinced by his performance, none of us were but there's nothing to say we'll be better off next year as a result either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back