Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can compare the Suns to Melbourne a couple years back just because with the sheer amount of compensation picks, and the entire team being like 18 years old at the start of the Suns existence, they were going to get better every year no matter what. They have showed more promise every year, and this season we saw Swallow, Bennell, Lynch and Prestia really start to shine, and guys like Jaeger, Martin, and a lot of others are well on their way. What bothered me were the games when the team quit. Those guys that shined at various parts of the season who would go entire games doing absolutely nothing. It's a tough situation. On one hand, you've got a tough game against Collingwood with no interchanges and no Ablett where the team fought through it and got the win. On the other, you've got the ones like Brisbane the second time where we'd destroyed them earlier in the season, and then came back for the second match and gave them the game from the opening siren. Things like that are unacceptable.

To me, it centers on whether Bluey still has the locker room. We know the players will continue to get better if he stays, just as they have every year that he's been coach, but the finals will come when the team as a whole can show up for 22 games and fight every game for the win. That's the big question to me. If Bluey can get that preparation instilled in the boys, and it's just youth shining through when that fails and we lay an egg, he totally deserves the job. But if he can't keep them fighting week in and week out like any premiership team does, we need to find someone who can.

So the board is meeting today to discuss all things guy mckenna.
Let's hope we don't have a Adelaide style headlines this afternoon and common sens prevails.

Hope they remember he looks great in red.....

Seems 5aa in Adelaide are reporting Bluey is gone and the suns are looking for a new coach. I didn't hear the report but a friend called me to inform me.
could be the same bloke told me K was taking the job....?

For mine it would make more sense to keep bluey for the last year of his contract and see if he can get you to the finals - even if its a case of top 6 or your gone, but if the board feels his lost the players and your guys are not developing as they should you might as well move him on now.

This is the big if. If this is true, no matter what we see from the outside, it should be in the teams best interest to move him on. I would be very angry if there was any other reason to him being moved on

Vossy seems to be the head runner for the Adelaide job
I've always liked Vossy, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks he was used as a scapegoat during the whole Brisbane situation. Gotta remember that he got them into finals again, then a *ton of players left, the recruiting was shocking, and the club needed someone to blame, so they blamed Voss.

I'd be happy for Voss to coach the Suns or Adelaide tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the coach has lost the players then he's got to go, that's a big if and I have no idea what's going on behinde closed doors.

Whatever happends tonight I just hope we get a couple more development coaches.
Shows how much is reallly known here. No one knows crap about what the players think. They show it by continuing to have an opinion. If they knew, they would STFU as they know the option is to just wait and say nothing.

Id be more inclined to think that those thar often post here, but have been absent in this discussion, know more than those involved in the discussion. " better to say nothing and let everyone think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it.."?

Guy in the other thread said that SEN is reporting Marcus Ashcroft will recommend firing McKenna at the meeting.

Shows how much is reallly known here. No one knows crap about what the players think. They show it by continuing to have an opinion. If they knew, they would STFU as they know the option is to just wait and say nothing.

Id be more inclined to think that those thar often post here, but have been absent in this discussion, know more than those involved in the discussion. " better to say nothing and let everyone think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it.."?

my sources are players. and there are some that like him, there are plenty that don't, the general consensus is that he plays favourites with dion, jager, gaz, and a couple of others, and is really short, rude, and has no time for the lesser likes....

many players were frustrated and bewildered at his late season selections, some of the younger guys who may not have deserved games, getting them (and a couple of said players actually felt uncomfortable about playing, felt they had robbed their teammates in a way), while the ones who had worked hard, done everything required of them, and performed well, and often at neafl level, were hung out to dry, its one of the only football clubs I've seen, where form hasn't been rewarded. he seems inclined on sticking with 25 players, now whilst thats good for that 25, and that 25 may get you to finals, you need 40 to win a flag, and with his mentality, i don't think he can achieve that.

then theres the harbrow situation, there were many who were just plain shocked, and ultimately disappointed with blueys comments.

I wouldn't mind getting Bassett as a replacement. What he's done at Norwood has been fantastic, and his ability to get players on board is really well known.

There's also Ratten hanging about if he wants to get back into it. Sort of the forgotten one with finals experience.

my sources are players. and there are some that like him, there are plenty that don't, the general consensus is that he plays favourites with dion, jager, gaz, and a couple of others, and is really short, rude, and has no time for the lesser likes....

many players were frustrated and bewildered at his late season selections, some of the younger guys who may not have deserved games, getting them (and a couple of said players actually felt uncomfortable about playing, felt they had robbed their teammates in a way), while the ones who had worked hard, done everything required of them, and performed well, and often at neafl level, were hung out to dry, its one of the only football clubs I've seen, where form hasn't been rewarded. he seems inclined on sticking with 25 players, now whilst thats good for that 25, and that 25 may get you to finals, you need 40 to win a flag, and with his mentality, i don't think he can achieve that.

then theres the harbrow situation, there were many who were just plain shocked, and ultimately disappointed with blueys comments.
Great post. Harbs is solid as a tree stump. How Bluey could abuse him for his efforts and exemplary stoic attitude is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back