List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS just give the Cup to Sydney. ...
wish people would give cola a rest.. have a look at their list balance.. look how many players are over 30, look at whos retired recently and who has/potentially will retire this year couple that with an increasing cap and you suddenly have room to look at recruiting player. exactly how the hawks picked up burgoyne among others...

Sam Blease is a player i still want, i think in an enviroment where he has to work hard and coaches concentrating on his development he could become a good player, Sounds like Carlton are into him not sure why we wouldnt be attracted to his pace

We can easily slide in the next 3-4 years with the same list. Tougher draw, GC and GWS rise, our players older, no injection of quality like in the past with Martin, Miles and Ellis, West Coast improve Bulldogs rise , we could easily be nowhere in 4 years.

Exactly how do you plan on beating the Swans in the next 2 years and other teams in 3-4 years?

Atm can't see us getting ahead of Port in 4 years and actually slipping further behind them as their youngsters improve!

Guess what! Cotch, Lids, Martin, JR, Rance, Ellis and others where kids to.

I would like to see RFC show some patience and take no short cuts!

Address the fact our club needs to trade off short term meaningless victories for long term quality that will drive us forward to our next premiership!
Lennon 19 year old
McBean 20 year old
Vlastuin 20 year old
McIntosh 20 year old
McDonough 20 year old
Arnot 20 year old
Ellis 21 year old AA squad member
Elton 21 year old
Conca 22 year old
Miles 22 year old
Batchelor 22 year old
Dea 23 year old
Griffiths 23 year old
Grimes 23 year old
Martin 23 year old AA squad member
Astbury 23 year old
Vickery 24 year old
Cotchin 24 year old AA midfielder
Lloyd 24 year old
Gordon 24 year old
Rance 24 year old AA CHB
Morris 25 year old
Riewoldt 25 year old 2 time Coleman Medalist AA FF
S.Edwards 26 year old
Houli 26 year old
Grigg 26 year old
Hampson 26 year old
Deledio 27 year old AA HBF

That is a list of players that easily have 6+ years left in their careers. The majority of that list has also played key parts in us making the finals the last 2 years where we have beaten sides like Port Sydney Hawthorn & Fremantle, while also easily accounting for GWS, admittedly they have struggled with the Suns in Queensland, but should be able to beat them down here. As that group of players I've just listed continue to develop and the Swans get older they will slowly fall back, much the same way Geelong are starting to fall back. Hawthorn are becoming older too and there is a chance that Fremantle have just ticked past 12 on the premiership clock and may not be a serious threat much longer.

Now add to that another 4-5 sub 19 year olds in 2 months time when the draft rolls around and we'll have a group of 32-33 players who we can build continue to build around over the next couple of years, not just through the draft but also through FA as we become a side that is a destination for players looking for success as we continue to play finals.

But hey, lets adopt you plan and trade out a handful of the young guns that we have to bring in a bunch of kids with potential who will need another 3-4 years of development before they are ready, by then the players that are 19-22 now, will be deemed by a fool like yourself as the next batch that need to be traded out to bring in another bunch of kids with potential. With that the cycle will just continue to go around and around.

Now can you explain to me how GWS and GC kids are going to improve while the list of kids I names above are going to simply stand still and let them pass us by? Can you explain how the aging Swans are going to get better while our aging players won't?

Last edited:
Jonathan Giles from GWS has requested a trade - not a bad backup to big Ivan (and ten times better option than Hampson) - wouldn't expect this deal would cost a lot either......
I like Giles but I don't think he really wants to be a back up for the rest of his career. .... Just my assumption and I could be 100% wrong.

Our list is still very young, we are not far off top 4 it's only our bottom 6 that are D grade players that need to be moved on. Our core is strong.

Jonathan Giles from GWS has requested a trade - not a bad backup to big Ivan (and ten times better option than Hampson) - wouldn't expect this deal would cost a lot either......
Reportedly heading back to Adelaide.

IMO we're well sorted for rucks, even with Hampson being included. Maric Hampson Vickery Griffiths all senior listed and then there is Soldo as well. The only way we should/would look at a ruckman would be is we were to trade out Vickery and even then I'd only be looking at bringing across someone who could be an immediate number 1 contender.

Lennon 19 year old
McBean 20 year old
Vlastuin 20 year old
McIntosh 20 year old
McDonough 20 year old
Arnot 20 year old
Elton 21 year old
Conca 22 year old
Miles 22 year old
Batchelor 22 year old
Dea 23 year old
Griffiths 23 year old
Grimes 23 year old
Astbury 23 year old
Vickery 24 year old
Lloyd 24 year old
Gordon 24 year old
Rance 24 year old AA CHB
Morris 25 year old
Riewoldt 25 year old
S.Edwards 26 year old
Houli 26 year old
Grigg 26 year old
Hampson 26 year old

That is a list of players that easily have 6+ years left in their careers. The majority of that list has also played key parts in us making the finals the last 2 years where we have beaten sides like Port Sydney Hawthorn & Fremantle, while also easily accounting for GWS, admittedly they have struggled with the Suns in Queensland, but should be able to beat them down here. As that group of players I've just listed continue to develop and the Swans get older they will slowly fall back, much the same way Geelong are starting to fall back. Hawthorn are becoming older too and there is a chance that Fremantle have just ticked past 12 on the premiership clock and may not be a serious threat much longer.

Now add to that another 4-5 sub 19 year olds in 2 months time when the draft rolls around and we'll have a group of 32-33 players who we can build continue to build around over the next couple of years, not just through the draft but also through FA as we become a side that is a destination for players looking for success as we continue to play finals.

But hey, lets adopt you plan and trade out a handful of the young guns that we have to bring in a bunch of kids with potential who will need another 3-4 years of development before they are ready, by then the players that are 19-22 now, will be deemed by a fool like yourself as the next batch that need to be traded out to bring in another bunch of kids with potential. With that the cycle will just continue to go around and around.

Now can you explain to me how GWS and GC kids are going to improve while the list of kids I names above are going to simply stand still and let them pass us by? Can you explain how the aging Swans are going to get better while our aging players won't?

Wrong, IMO, dead wrong.

You are ignoring the quality aspect.The other point that is interesting is your age breakup does not do you argument justice!

Lets go through this again!

Lids can be 6+ plus. Why? Because he is elite but he is rare!

Houli and Grigg at 6+ are clearly not good enough IMO and will be retired before then!
Arnott will not make it except backup IMO

I will go through the rest in a minute

Last edited:
Lennon 19 year old
McBean 20 year old
Vlastuin 20 year old
McIntosh 20 year old
McDonough 20 year old
Arnot 20 year old
Elton 21 year old
Conca 22 year old
Miles 22 year old
Batchelor 22 year old
Dea 23 year old
Griffiths 23 year old
Grimes 23 year old
Astbury 23 year old
Vickery 24 year old
Lloyd 24 year old
Gordon 24 year old
Rance 24 year old AA CHB
Morris 25 year old
Riewoldt 25 year old
S.Edwards 26 year old
Houli 26 year old
Grigg 26 year old
Hampson 26 year old

Arrrrr a post that makes total sence...MR MAGIC read this Post over and over again...and get off the green stuff

I like Giles but I don't think he really wants to be a back up for the rest of his career. .... Just my assumption and I could be 100% wrong.

I'd still have him. Sadly, I don't think Maric has too many seasons left in his body. I don't think either Vickery or Griffiths are cut out to play in the ruck full time. So with that in mind, I think Giles could be very valuable. I'd expect us to have a good look regardless.
Reportedly heading back to Adelaide.

IMO we're well sorted for rucks, even with Hampson being included. Maric Hampson Vickery Griffiths all senior listed and then there is Soldo as well. The only way we should/would look at a ruckman would be is we were to trade out Vickery and even then I'd only be looking at bringing across someone who could be an immediate number 1 contender.

As above, Maric is getting on and I think the injuries he copped this year were the start of the end :cry:. Can't see Vickery or Griffiths playing full time ruck. In the case of Soldo - big men take an eternity to develop and this is no exception. The fact that he's still 15 or 16 adds a few more years of development. Hampson...let's not even go there :rolleyes:. Like I said, we shouldn't snub the proposition of increasing our big men stocks. Giles has a lot of years of footy in him and has shown he is more than capable. I'd be disappointed if we didn't have a look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong, IMO, dead wrong.

You are ignoring the quality aspect.

Lets go through this again!

Lids can be 6+ plus. Why? Because he is elite but he is rare!

Houli sang Grigg are not 6+ not good enough IMO.
Arnott will not make it except backup IMO

I will go through the rest in a minute
Please Mr Tragic dont go thru it again im about to jump off a cliff ...than listen to that absolute crap....you do need some serious help...which dosnt involve chillin at home smokin ur own home grown..

This is why you should be able to trade future draft picks.

I don't think we can compete with either Geelong or the Dogs as far as value for Dangerfield. The Dogs will beat us with picks and the Cats will beat us with fringe players.

Our only hope would be if Dangerfield nominated us as his preferred destination which would only happen if we agreed on a massive 5 year, 4-5 million dollar type deal

Dangerfield confirmed to be 'happy to consider options returning to Victoria'. C'mon boys, bout time we pull someone big...how long has it been?

Since Cousins.

I can tell u if this happens we will challenge nxt year and be in the top 4 ...not only a great player but the team would stand taller with him in our midfield...its exactly what we need in our midfield and our team...we need to throw the kitchen sink to get him over to us.....GET IT DONE RFC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back