The Law The Terrorism Files - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid sheeple

This is obviously Abbott in league with the Greys commencing the renewal of the Illuminati plans for the NWO. This has Bilderberg written all over it. And the Reptilians

Ballantyne being picked in the AA team was the code for all this to kick off

It was proven once again this morning. Do you want me to post the photos from the raids here in this thread?

600 AFP. Many in tactical gear. Armoured personnel carriers. At least a dozen raids.

One charge so far.

To anybody in the 1990s, this would be cause for great alarm. They hadn't been conditioned to accept this s**t yet. To anybody with a functioning brain, it is still cause for alarm now. By my definition, this is clearly and blatantly a police state.

How bad would it have to get before you thought so, too?
If you think that proves that we are living a police state, we have different views on the burden of evidence.

Yeah, that was my initial thought as well, but I would lean towards coincidence rather than conspiracy.
I envy you, not of big supporter of coincidence.
Why target Australia and not Indonesia, NZ (not raised their threat level I believe), USA, UK?
Haven't read of this type of raid happening in those countries.
How in the hell did Australia become part of this? 2003?
I really believe that the closest we will come to an execution will be 'of search warrants/arrests'.

SonOfReep Keep the pavlovian responses coming.

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases. These include Cicero's "cui bono?" (of which it can be said that Cicero understood the importance of having evidence to back it up) and Conan Doyle's "once we have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth". What these phrases have in common is that they are attempts to absolve themselves from any responsibility to produce positive, hard evidence themselves: you simply "eliminate the impossible" (i.e. say the official account can't stand scrutiny) which means that the wild allegation of your choice, based on "cui bono?" (which is always the government) is therefore the truth.

I envy you, not of big supporter of coincidence.
Why target Australia and not Indonesia, NZ (not raised their threat level I believe), USA, UK?
Haven't read of this type of raid happening in those countries.
How in the hell did Australia become part of this? 2003?
I really believe that the closest we will come to an execution will be 'of search warrants/arrests'.
I would expect that this type of raid has not happened in the countires you have mentioned becuase there was not the evidence that would warrant it.

I really cannot believe that this is part of a vast conspiracy, involving the Federal Government, ASIO, the AFP, the NSW police and the QLD police. That is getting close to tin foil hat territory.

Well if the police and msm are saying that, it must be true. Like Nayriah and Weapons of Mass Destruction.

The gov and media would never lie about something like this.
Saying that "The Govt/Media lied about event x, therefore they are lying about event y" is no better than claiming that "The Govt/Media told the truth about event x, therefore they are telling the truth about event y". Clearly a lot of stuff in the media is garbage, but not all of it. So neither side can make a judgement until the evidence surfaces.

I wanna know exactly how the police were able to work out that someone was planning to behead a random stranger on the street -

I mean, if you were planning to do such a thing, would you post about it online, write a journal, brag to friends?

I wouldn't think so - Either these guys are morons and gave themselves away, or the police are making s**t up
Ever heard of Edward Snowden? Or have you been living under a rock? We are all being monitored :cool:

Why do you keep using the word 'conspiracy'?

You know that the guy charged with 'terrorism-related offences' has been accused of being part of a 'conspiracy'.

You believe in that conspiracy, right? Or are you skeptical about the gov/msm's claims about his plans?

As far as I can tell there has never been any Australian killed or injured on Australian soil as a result of terrorism from Muslim extremists (I may be wrong with this). In contrast on average 8 women are hospitalised due to domestic violence each day and on average 1 is killed every week. One of these is spoken about relentlessly, considered a threat to our way of life, is worth getting into (another) war for and receives many times the funding in order to fight it than the other one. Of course governments of all persuasions are logical and hence they spend the majority of their time on the real statistical danger to our way of life...

I would expect that this type of raid has not happened in the countires you have mentioned becuase there was not the evidence that would warrant it.

I really cannot believe that this is part of a vast conspiracy, involving the Federal Government, ASIO, the AFP, the NSW police and the QLD police. That is getting close to tin foil hat territory.
No saying it is a conspiracy, just that I don't believe in coincidence and not looking forward to the fear that the media and mileage the right will make of it.
Am of the view that no need to broadcast these raids, much more can be achieved (IMO) done on the quiet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SB, you are a parody. You and your deluded ilk typically have no real-world experience in such matters, and it shows.

It is certainly healthy to have a capacity for skepticism, but to use it as an undying crutch response to virtually everything associated with the state just exposes your inability to emphathise with humanity, as well as your incapacity for critical thinking (one conspiracy must = everything is a conspiracy). You exhibit the compartmentalised thinking of a fundamentalist mindset, you're really little different to the mindsets among those currently being arrested.

As far as I can tell there has never been any Australian killed or injured on Australian soil as a result of terrorism from Muslim extremists (I may be wrong with this). In contrast on average 8 women are hospitalised due to domestic violence each day and on average 1 is killed every week. One of these is spoken about relentlessly, considered a threat to our way of life, is worth getting into (another) war for and receives many times the funding in order to fight it than the other one. Of course governments of all persuasions are logical and hence they spend the majority of their time on the real statistical danger to our way of life...

Very poor, dare I say idiotic, comparison.

Saying that "The Govt/Media lied about event x, therefore they are lying about event y" is no better than claiming that "The Govt/Media told the truth about event x, therefore they are telling the truth about event y".
Who is claiming the former?

I have pointed out that we have been lied to by gov/msm a number of times, especially in regards to 'terror' and Iraq.

Therefore it is sensible to be skeptical about claims being made by gov/msm today.

Skeptical as in waiting for actual evidence before believing anything they tell us to believe.

They want us to believe that the raids were conducted on legitimate 'terror threats'? Show us the proof.

If they can't even provide enough evidence to charge the people who were raided, what does that suggest to you about the existence of such evidence?

Go on, use your brain. I promise it won't hurt.

You make a valid point. Societal attitudes towards violence against women are well demonstrated in a thread here that is over 100 pages long. It is pretty depressing reading.

No saying it is a conspiracy, just that I don't believe in coincidence and not looking forward to the fear that the media and mileage the right will make of it.
Am of the view that no need to broadcast these raids, much more can be achieved (IMO) done on the quiet.
I get what you are saying, but, the nutters would have a field day about police states and govt conspiracy if this was done on the quiet.

Can you imagine how it would go if people were taken from their homes by police and it was not being reported?

Blah blah blah
Yes, I know how you have been trained to think (and I use the term 'think' loosely).

If it is on the news, it must be real.

Never mind how many times the news has lied to us before.

Anybody who questions the news must be crazy. Just look at all the tv shows where the guy who questions the government is a crazy conspiracy theorist. What more evidence do you need?

Yes, I know how you have been trained to think (and I use the term 'think' loosely).

If it is on the news, it must be real.

Never mind how many times the news has lied to us before.

Anybody who questions the news must be crazy. Just look at all the tv shows where the guy who questions the government is a crazy conspiracy theorist. What more evidence do you need?

I barely ever watch the news. Anyone can watch the news (including yourself). I wasn't talking about that at all, continue deflecting. The media's role in society is not as centrally relevant as you always assume it to be.

I get what you are saying, but, the nutters would have a field day about police states and govt conspiracy if this was done on the quiet.

Can you imagine how it would go if people were taken from their homes by police and it was not being reported?
How would we know if the press and press conferences didn't advertise it?
I just don't believe that these exercises need to be broadcast as it will only promote fear and encourage bigotry and racism.
We are becoming a very hateful nation, which is sad.

Very poor, dare I say idiotic, comparison.

Oh really?

Perhaps you can explain why this existential threat to Australia's way of life, that's been so for at least a decade (apparently) has caused zero injuries or fatalities. The saddest thing in all this is that we're likely to lose more Australian lives in this ridiculous war than such an action could even possibly save. Of course that's assuming that invading and killing a whole bunch of people doesn't make us more of a target for terrorism.

Of course we should be careful with terrorism and we should use intelligence to monitor people who seem to be potential terrorists. But let's not pretend for a moment that the size of our response to terrorism is even remotely equal to the scale of the problem. Heck you're vastly more likely to die walking down the street in Australia from a building/wall collapsing on you than from being killed by Muslim extremists.

I barely ever watch the news. Anyone can watch the news (including yourself). I wasn't talking about that at all, continue deflecting. The media's role in society is not as centrally relevant as you always assume it to be.
How then do you keep informed? Newspapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back