List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is why you should be able to trade future draft picks.

I don't think we can compete with either Geelong or the Dogs as far as value for Dangerfield. The Dogs will beat us with picks and the Cats will beat us with fringe players.

Our only hope would be if Dangerfield nominated us as his preferred destination which would only happen if we agreed on a massive 5 year, 4-5 million dollar type deal

we have a better pick then geelong by a bit. Adelaide has strong interest in McDonough too, cats fringe players are overrated and the comp is beginning to realise that.

Danger wants success so you can rule out Doggies and Essendon IMO. Cats would be firm favourites but have to get the deal done and if Danger is smart he would realise they are on the verge of a slide when their senior players retire.

we have a better pick then geelong by a bit. Adelaide has strong interest in McDonough too, cats fringe players are overrated and the comp is beginning to realise that.Yep if this is true we need to give em everthin to get it done..

Danger wants success so you can rule out Doggies and Essendon IMO. Cats would be firm favourites but have to get the deal done and if Danger is smart he would realise they are on the verge of a slide when their senior players retire.
if this is true giv em our first rounder and nythin that get the deal done..

Please Mr gic dont go thru it again im about to jump off a cliff ...than listen to that absolute crap....you do need some serious help...which dosnt involve chillin at home smokin ur own home grown..

Call me Mr Reality because what is tragic is RFC not getting near it in 30+years! RFC story is reality.

BTW when I started following RFC we were winners and I win. Over the years with our losses I have come to the belief we have picked up a lot of loser supporters who do not have a clue what it takes to win!

Given he has a year on his contract, its also going to be a case of which club can make a deal Adelaide will agree to

IMO it will be a first round pick PLUS a very good to elite player

I'd still have him. Sadly, I don't think Maric has too many seasons left in his body. I don't think either Vickery or Griffiths are cut out to play in the ruck full time. So with that in mind, I think Giles could be very valuable. I'd expect us to have a good look regardless.

As above, Maric is getting on and I think the injuries he copped this year were the start of the end :cry:. Can't see Vickery or Griffiths playing full time ruck. In the case of Soldo - big men take an eternity to develop and this is no exception. The fact that he's still 15 or 16 adds a few more years of development. Hampson...let's not even go there :rolleyes:. Like I said, we shouldn't snub the proposition of increasing our big men stocks. Giles has a lot of years of footy in him and has shown he is more than capable. I'd be disappointed if we didn't have a look.
Vickery and Griff don't have to ruck full time, they can share it 50/50.

Soldo is 18, not 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about our first round draft pick and Reeca Conca and or Matt McDonaugh. They are going to want some serious coin for this. However, they will understand that he will be a restricted FA next year so if he's going to go, they will want something for him. Apparently we have $1.2m in the cap so the money is there.

I think we have to make the case compelling for Patrick Dangerfield ala the Sydney Swans with Franklin. How about offering him a 6 year deal on big dollars each year, understanding that the salary cap will rise. You've got to be brave.

It would be great to land someone like Danger - a big fish - but would we have any concerns about a long term contract and his potential for injury now and in future?

For a big player on big money there should be no doubts about anything ....

I know there are no guarantees but at least limit the risk somewhat

I think on that basis i would prefer to chance Dylan Shiel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back