West Indies vs Bangladesh

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Did anyone see much of Blackwood with the ball?

Gayle out of the second Test with personal issues, Leon Johnson of Guyana with a FC average of 33 called up. Almost spat out my coffee when I saw the headline "Johnson called up," thinking Johnson Charles. Surely they could have gifted young Tagenarine a game with his old man against the Bangers.

Last edited:

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Windies batsman had another day out. Why is it so hard for Bangladesh to find even 1 decent pace bowler?

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why isn't Robiul Islam playing? 23 wickets @ 38.5 is far from shattering but better than anything that's playing in this test. Looking up on Cricinfo his best match bowling is 9/155 ( vs Zimbabwe). Surely worth persevering with?. Always liked Mashrafe Mortaza as well but he's always injured and I doubt his body would allow him to play a test match. Their current crop of pace bowlers look really poor. Like State 2nd 11 trundlers.

Why isn't Robiul Islam playing? 23 wickets @ 38.5 is far from shattering but better than anything that's playing in this test. Looking up on Cricinfo his best match bowling is 9/155 ( vs Zimbabwe). Surely worth persevering with?. Always liked Mashrafe Mortaza as well but he's always injured and I doubt his body would allow him to play a test match. Their current crop of pace bowlers look really poor. Like State 2nd 11 trundlers.
He is playing.

West Indies won by 296 runs. Chanderpaul got his 30th century and wasn't dimissed in either Test of the series, Jerome Taylor his 100th Test wicket, Benn took for 5fa in the second innings after Roach took 5fa in the first innings.

Oh, and Bangladesh collapsed from 2/158 to all out 192.

Standard.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
What are people's views on Kemar Roach going forward?

I rate him highly. Still only 26 and with 111 wickets in 28 Tests at under 26 average...the guy could easily get 300 wickets.

I love watching him.

Very good bowler.

Roach, Taylor and Holder is a pretty good pace attack.

I think the Windies could become a more competitive team again.

Oaktree

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good win by the Windies. Chanders is such a gun!

Ramdin had a quiet series but the rest of the top order all seemed to perform at least once.

Great series from the bowlers, particularly Benn and Roach, good to see them back and in form.

Back