Solved Gable Tostee - Tinder death

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I'm considering all possibilities. Rather than assume this woman us a psycho based on a recording that is incomplete, I'm trying to rationalise her anger. I did talk about a family member who was like this and that supports him. Mind you I do know a sexy assault victim and anger does sometimes take precedence over self preservation. By the way sexual assault could be doing something during other consensual acts that wasn't wanted.

I'm playing devil's advocate. It's a discussion and a delicate one. My first instincts don't reflect the whole argument. First impressions can change. Let's not take things out of context and extrapolate huh.

Lul

Actually I'm considering all possibilities.

There is a transcript! If the recording suggested sexual assault we'd know about it

Rather than assume this woman us a psycho based on a recording that is incomplete,

Assume? She's told us what she is a psycho and this Tostee idiot was telling her to stop hitting him. I'm going with the evidence presented here...

I'm trying to rationalise her anger. I did talk about a family member who was like this and that supports him. Mind you I do know a sexy assault victim

So what? Totally irrelevant. Big deal.

and anger does sometimes take precedence over self
preservation. By the way sexual assault could be doing something during other consensual acts that wasn't wanted.

Blah blah. There is a transcript that isn't backing you up here.

I'm playing devil's advocate. It's a discussion and a delicate one. My first instincts don't reflect the whole argument. First impressions can change. Let's not take things out of context and extrapolate huh.

This from someone who feels free to suggest that this dickhead is a ******* rapist based on no evidence whatsoever. The lack of self-awareness is mindblowing

There is a transcript! If the recording suggested sexual assault we'd know about it

Assume? She's told us what she is a psycho and this Tostee idiot was telling her to stop hitting him. I'm going with the evidence presented here...

So what? Totally irrelevant. Big deal.

Blah blah. There is a transcript that isn't backing you up here.

This from someone who feels free to suggest that this dickhead is a ******* rapist based on no evidence whatsoever. The lack of self-awareness is mindblowing

I'm not going to go through step by step here because you don't deserve it. You appear to lack the skill to have a forum discussion with any sort of composure.

1. I never called him a rapist. Stop the bullshit. I said that my first instinct of the case was sexual assault and I am playing devil's advocate that it is a possibility. My reasoning for pondering flows into point 2.

2. The transcript is not necessarily a whole reflection of her time, only of the time he turned the recording on.

0.24am - Six photos are taken on Mr Tostee's balcony with a Canon A550 camera.
0.55am - A sound recorder is activated on a device allegedly owned by Mr Tostee. Police are uncertain what was used to record the audio, but say the file appeared to have been transferred to a Sony XPeria phone, which was later seized.
0.56am - Recording commences. Music is heard and 20 seconds into the recording a male states, "F--- me".
1.02am - Male asks female to "chill and have a drink". Female says she is "psycho drunk and not to test her".

What happened between 0.24 and 0.55. He states '* me' 1 minute into the recording. Was that a request for sex or an exasperated call at something that was happening. 6 minutes later she is aggressive. Where is the recording showing her showing up at the unit?

And what is going on here?

1.16-1.20am - Laughing and sounds of hitting is heard. Music continues to play in the background and there are soft sounds of groaning.
1.29am - Male: "I don't like getting beaten up."

Moaning or groaning? But it ends in him being beaten up?

The whole transcript and gaps in what was happening lends itself to lots of possibilities. This is a discussion thread and I am open to all of those possibilities. I'm not getting painted into a corner here.

Last edited:
But there is absolutely no evidence or signs of sexual assault or rape in the transcript. At all. It's a huge unfounded accusation that you've leapt to. It sounds like he knew that she was going to be trouble and recorded it to protect himself and he's very lucky he did because she sounded like a complete psychopath.

But there is absolutely no evidence or signs of sexual assault or rape in the transcript. At all. It's a huge unfounded accusation that you've leapt to. It sounds like he knew that she was going to be trouble and recorded it to protect himself and he's very lucky he did because she sounded like a complete psychopath.

The only evidence that matters to him is "MY FEELINGS" and recorded conversations don't rate...

I never accused. I said it was a first instinct. I also said I know someone who goes crazy like that for no reason. I stated I was playing devil's advocate. You guys want to ignore context, that's on you. The thread is here to speculate and theorise. I've speculated about both of them. You may have a different opinion and only see.one side. That's your right.

The only evidence that matters to him is "MY FEELINGS" and recorded conversations don't rate...
Immature. The reasons for the anger interest me. The time before the recording went on interests me. These things are part of evidence. I have not declared him guilty. In fact I would rather it was a tragic alcohol induced accident. I'm mindful that one party can not tell their story.

Did she have a reason to be angry or was she just off her face and like that?

I never accused. I said it was a first instinct. I also said I know someone who goes crazy like that for no reason. I stated I was playing devil's advocate. You guys want to ignore context, that's on you. The thread is here to speculate and theorise. I've speculated about both of them. You may have a different opinion and only see.one side. That's your right.

Ignore context? What are you even talking about. When it's pretty blatant what happened you see it from one side. If there was a thread on the Nazis and you tried to see it from there side, you'd still be wrong.

There's three of us in here telling you you're wrong, don't act like we're the crazy ones.

Ignore context? What are you even talking about. When it's pretty blatant what happened you see it from one side. If there was a thread on the Nazis and you tried to see it from there side, you'd still be wrong.

There's three of us in here telling you you're wrong, don't act like we're the crazy ones.
I'd suggest nobody knows enough to declare one person wrong or right. The entire thread is composed of people making, at best, guesses, as to what happened (thrown in with a few rants)

Someone has put forward a theory is all. I don't know if I'd agree with it being likely, but it's certainly a possibility, and nobody will know for sure until the case is heard in court (or the full recordings make it to wikileaks)

Given the words used by police so far, I still think the recording will clear him of murder, but the fact he was making the recording in the first place will bite him, along with anything else he did that the recording captured. I'm also fairly confident the entire story will come out in due course, especially if it's all caught on video along with the audio.

Does anyone know, have they mentioned if video recordings exist?

in what way?
Unless he told her he was recording (particularly if it's video), I'm pretty sure you can't film people in that way without consent.

N.B. Am aware "pretty sure" is not legal precedent :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless he told her he was recording (particularly if it's video), I'm pretty sure you can't film people in that way without consent.

N.B. Am aware "pretty sure" is not legal precedent :p
You can record a private conversation that you are a party to, as he was. Publishing the recording I'm unsure about but obviously submitting it as evidence in Court would be OK.

You can record a private conversation that you are a party to, as he was. Publishing the recording I'm unsure about but obviously submitting it as evidence in Court would be OK.
Does that extend to cover recording one night stands without the other parties awareness? I think I've seen it mentioned that he had a fairly elaborate setup, hard to imagine that this is the only such recording should that prove to be the case?

Does that extend to cover recording one night stands without the other parties awareness? I think I've seen it mentioned that he had a fairly elaborate setup, hard to imagine that this is the only such recording should that prove to be the case?
As far as I can tell, yes. I'm not a lawyer though. And I'm referring to audio recordings - video recordings are a different ball game.

Godwin's Law. You just killed the thread.
The context is I raised a possibility that supported him and explained her behaviour and I raised one that supported her and explained her behaviour. You seem to think I am looking at one side only.

Godwin's Law. You just killed the thread.
The context is I raised a possibility that supported him and explained her behaviour and I raised one that supported her and explained her behaviour. You seem to think I am looking at one side only.

I mustn't have killed the thread very well if there were six posts after mine.

I mustn't have killed the thread very well if there were six posts after mine.
Tongue in cheek. The rule of Godwin's Law is that you lose an argument or kill the thread if you start referring to nazis or Hitler to add weight to your argument.

The recording bites him for two reasons:

1. It identifies him as a creepy dude without empathy, recording people without their knowledge is low behaviour.

2. It also explicitly captured the moment he detained her and threatened to kill her, i.e. the primary factor in her trying to escape from the balcony i.e. the behaviour that is most likely going to lead to him getting convicted.

If he hadn't been recording, there's no evidence of him being a kidnapper who threatened to kill someone half his size. If he was on the juice as well you've got elevated levels of aggression (and obvious severe insecurity issues).

No recording would be better for his defense than this recording.

The recording bites him for two reasons:

1. It identifies him as a creepy dude without empathy, recording people without their knowledge is low behaviour.

2. It also explicitly captured the moment he detained her and threatened to kill her, i.e. the primary factor in her trying to escape from the balcony i.e. the behaviour that is most likely going to lead to him getting convicted.

If he hadn't been recording, there's no evidence of him being a kidnapper who threatened to kill someone half his size. If he was on the juice as well you've got elevated levels of aggression (and obvious severe insecurity issues).

No recording would be better for his defense than this recording.

How can you state what the "primary factor in her trying to escape from the balcony" was.

If he hadn't been recording, we would all be assuming he chucked her over the edge. On balance, I think he's better off with the recording than without it.

If he hadn't been recording, we would all be assuming he chucked her over the edge. On balance, I think he's better off with the recording than without it.

I doubt it. Violent crimes against women are under prosecuted. The recording is the only thing that proves his violent and predatory behaviour toward her.

It also proves she was alone on the balcony before she fell.

It certainly does that. Shows she was pretty missed up. It's up to them to come up with any theories as to how she got that way, and prove it. I can see some criminal negligence there and there are plenty of strong feelings that there is more we don't know, but murder is out of the question based on that transcript.

The other issue they have is that the body is so messed up that any other potential injuries that may or may not have occurred previously, are not going to be evident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back