LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Herd a little different that he was headed potentially to YC, what would be an average budget if an LV team. I say if a team like pyramid can raise that money then good on them but if $140k is a big budget then they obviously could be spending it a bit better

heard a handy rumour today that andy collins is off to coach rochy in 2015. from all reports the jungle drums are pounding this one out over gv way...
will be interesting if this one comes to fruition.

140k is not that big a budget i would think that bears and perhaps bridgy would be pushing north of that and would doubt pyramid could raise that sort of coin, but if its the case good luck to them, i dont believe it to be true nor the figure that was quoted for grayling. but then again the world is flat the bible is correct and the tooth fairy will leave you money under your pillow not to mention santa or the easter bunny, so on the back of that gospel it would have to be true someone has written about it.

heard a handy rumour today that andy collins is off to coach rochy in 2015. from all reports the jungle drums are pounding this one out over gv way...

140k is not that big a budget i would think that bears and perhaps bridgy would be pushing north of that and would doubt pyramid could raise that sort of coin, but if its the case good luck to them, i dont believe it to be true nor the figure that was quoted for grayling. but then again the world is flat the bible is correct and the tooth fairy will leave you money under your pillow not to mention santa or the easter bunny, so on the back of that gospel it would have to be true someone has written about it.
Unless you're getting half of it in sponsorship, $140K is pretty big, especially if that is only for the footy component. If you've got it great, but for the outer clubs in the LVFL would it be sustainable?

Is the rumour true that Troy Auld has put his hand up to coach Inglewood, but only if he has a budget of $100,000 to use on players.
Dennis Grinton to coach Mitti again and is looking for a good playing assistant coach.
Heard on the grapevine on Saturday that Pyramid Hill have a $140,000 player budget and Grayling is paid on top of that, $52,000 which includes coaching and making finals bonuses. Great budget if that's the case.

Auld would be a great get for Inglewood, will recuit hard & push'm up the ladder to eventual contenders.

Grand Final week whats the tips boys?

I will go with Bridgewater by 30 pts I think Serp will throw everything at them and it will be a good contest but the Machine to control it enough in the latter stages. Bridgey have a very good forward line and Serp need someone to stand up and kick a 5 + bag after kicking 8.9 in the 2nd Semi. Josh Martyn got 5 on the weekend and think Im right in saying he didnt play in the 2nd Semi so he might be the man.

The Seconds has the makings of a real nail biter Miti have the home crowd at their back and have been the best team but Newbridge have hit form at the right time of the year. Newbridge by 3 points.

Pyramid Hill vs Calivil in the 3rds look like they have been the best two teams by a country miles. Calivil won the 2nd Semi but I heard the Dogs will get Dingwall back from the seniors and might be enough to help get them over the line. Hill by 7 points.

Pyramid raised over $50,000 from their goods and services auction, they run cattle each year which makes about 20 to 30k. A previous coach of Pyramid told me they are the most financial they have been for a long time. I reckon they could raise it, they are very well run off the field.

Pyramid raised over $50,000 from their goods and services auction, they run cattle each year which makes about 20 to 30k. A previous coach of Pyramid told me they are the most financial they have been for a long time. I reckon they could raise it, they are very well run off the field.

that still leaves over 110k to come up with. but im sure your former coach would still know exactly what there finacial situation as most coach's who leave a club still get told current budgets. not saying they cant raise it i just expressed my opinion that i dont think they do and that grayling being on $52k is a bit of a joke why would a team who has played in the last 7 prelims pay extra for making finals? that doesnt make sense if as you say they are well run off field that sounds more like an inglewood clause rather than a pyramid hill clause. but you believe what you will.

anyway on to this weeks big dance. mean machine by 76pts with z.east to get the gong for best on.
miti in the twos
the cattle kings in the 3rds.

Did anyone hear Dennis on the radio on the weekend? sounded like he was drunk and told a heap of lies about his playing and Coaching career. I know his old but some people can actually remember the facts.

would have been all true
dennis is a champ both on and off the field
some of his vocal mannerisms and facial expressions are the stuff of legend

that still leaves over 110k to come up with. but im sure your former coach would still know exactly what there finacial situation as most coach's who leave a club still get told current budgets. not saying they cant raise it i just expressed my opinion that i dont think they do and that grayling being on $52k is a bit of a joke why would a team who has played in the last 7 prelims pay extra for making finals? that doesnt make sense if as you say they are well run off field that sounds more like an inglewood clause rather than a pyramid hill clause. but you believe what you will.

anyway on to this weeks big dance. mean machine by 76pts with z.east to get the gong for best on.
miti in the twos
the cattle kings in the 3rds.
Didn't say the former coach wasn't still involved!

Another year done and dusted with the same result in 1's and 2's, with the 1's being a non event. Congratulations to Bridgewater, they really are raising the bar in the league. Only a 30K gate, 6 different teams competing in footy, not a game on Saturday arvo for 100Km. The radio preview was down keyed as Coggo sounded like he didn't want to be there as he knew Bridgy were going to win. Grinton saying it was like a home and away game the celebrations. 50K gate a HDFL, obviously a better game to be watched but you would think LVFL would be disappointed with the gate given great weather and 6 different sides in footy. LVFL needs to get into the 21st century and bring the game to the people. Take it to Eaglehawk the Granny and let the rest of the finals be rotated. Clubs will be forced to pay higher league fees next year, clubs won't get a dividend from the takings, the league needs to generate more money and they were going to use the grand final to do so. Watch the backlash from clubs when they find out what the new affiliation fees will be.

Another year done and dusted with the same result in 1's and 2's, with the 1's being a non event. Congratulations to Bridgewater, they really are raising the bar in the league. Only a 30K gate, 6 different teams competing in footy, not a game on Saturday arvo for 100Km. The radio preview was down keyed as Coggo sounded like he didn't want to be there as he knew Bridgy were going to win. Grinton saying it was like a home and away game the celebrations. 50K gate a HDFL, obviously a better game to be watched but you would think LVFL would be disappointed with the gate given great weather and 6 different sides in footy. LVFL needs to get into the 21st century and bring the game to the people. Take it to Eaglehawk the Granny and let the rest of the finals be rotated. Clubs will be forced to pay higher league fees next year, clubs won't get a dividend from the takings, the league needs to generate more money and they were going to use the grand final to do so. Watch the backlash from clubs when they find out what the new affiliation fees will be.

Agree that the game would be better at a venue closer to Bendigo but I think the Bridgewater dominance would have played an even bigger role in the average crowd. Hopefully Clubs are more prepared to serve it up to them next year.

You could pick any one of or all the reasons for a smaller gate. Everyone in Country Victoria knew Bridgewater would win easily, Mitiamo is 80ks away, admission was $3 cheaper per Adult than HDFL. Teams need to close the gap before crowds will be interested in the league again

How about the league bite the bullet and use a ground in town for the grandfinal every year.. somewhere like eaglehawk or kangflat, work a treat in the ballarat area with the district league using the main oval each year for the gf and massive crowds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that the game would be better at a venue closer to Bendigo but I think the Bridgewater dominance would have played an even bigger role in the average crowd. Hopefully Clubs are more prepared to serve it up to them next year.

Maybe the league will do more than just ambush the clubs and say we are off to marong for three years.

The LVFNL was offered the QEO for grand final day and instead thought marong was a better option!!

Poor process, poor communication resulted in eight angry clubs.

League response to the clubs not wanting it to turn into a marong day

Well we have to raise affiliation fees to $5k (up from $250).

Just like to say a big congratulations to the newbridge seconds for making it 2 in a row last weekend. Just another feather in the cap for the successful newbridge footy club. It's good to see that getting rid of all the dead wood from the year before has freed up some cash in the budget to splash out on some quality 2's players and also keep the coach happy by beefing up his lunch allowance. With canteen takings at a record high and moral up after the reserves side finding another premiership medallion in a kinder surprise its hard to see where they can improve next year. There are rumours circulating that the club will be printing the club motto on the club room walls "Why win in the seniors when you can flog em in the two's." Inspirational to say the least. The boys aren't without imperfections though, they may have found them selves in a in a spot of bother after one of their Mad monday celebratory chess games ended up with them being kicked and possibly banned from the local pub. And with many players, including rising star Dylan "i still cant get a kick" burt, showing little remorse by posting "check mate" on Facebook the next day. One would expect some heavy sanctions over the pre season. That is if the players are still their with many rival clubs looking for new mascots we could see a few lured away from the two time premiership club.

The hippo is filling up.

Last edited:
With adam parry winning the last couple of medals do you all think its time he tested himself in a higher league? Would he be a top line player in say the BFL?

With adam parry winning the last couple of medals do you all think its time he tested himself in a higher league? Would he be a top line player in say the BFL?

I think Adam Parry would be a very good player at Bendigo League level. All the strengths that he has showed at Bridgewater like being a bull around the stoppages and people rarely being able to stop him in a tackle will remain. Talk is that his skills have steadily been improving in the past few years and the Dragons had a chat to him prior to this year but he elected to stay after some thought. Hopefully he might be ready to come in. Strauny would be another that would be a great pick up back at the Den. Im not sure how hard Bendigo League Clubs go at these players but with the District League competitions being so strong these days there is a large pool of players that would fit the bill.

Flat with Matty Giri Linc Frost and Corbin Fleming off the top of my head and Eaglehawk with Hayden Collins Wellington etc did it this year with good results.

Not much talk on here about the actual grand final, did anyone go and watch it? What did Bridgewater do so well that Serp didn't because I don't think many people would of seen a margin that big coming? Who were the standout players? What are bridgewater doing so well in general to create this success and what can the other clubs do to bridge the gap?

Not much talk on here about the actual grand final, did anyone go and watch it? What did Bridgewater do so well that Serp didn't because I don't think many people would of seen a margin that big coming? Who were the standout players? What are bridgewater doing so well in general to create this success and what can the other clubs do to bridge the gap?

Bridgewater had beaten Serp by 76 59 and 53 and they were going into the GF fresh as a daisy and Serp were lining up for their 4th final and had a few wounded by the sounds so the blow wasnt a real surprise. Theyve been able to retain and recruit players throughout the period of flags theyve probably been able to keep their spending under control because they are consistently winning flags and blokes dont put their hand out for more. Everyone else is most likely paying overs. Guys eventually want a new challenge and Im sure their players are getting good offers as well which was what at happened at Golden Square as it went on if its at that point yet who knows but listening to the radio on Saturday they said the reaction at the final siren was like a home and away win.

Congrats to bridge water, huge effort. Don't like seeing such a one sided comp but credit where credit is due. Also congrats to parry, another huge effort. Do they do a team of the year or anything at the awards night? If they don't reckon that it'd be good concept and generate a bit of interest

Maybe the league will do more than just ambush the clubs and say we are off to marong for three years.

The LVFNL was offered the QEO for grand final day and instead thought marong was a better option!!

Poor process, poor communication resulted in eight angry clubs.

League response to the clubs not wanting it to turn into a marong day

Well we have to raise affiliation fees to $5k (up from $250).
The QEO was offered and was declined due to the $12,000 price tag they wanted for the day. Agree with the poor process and poor communication. The league board clearly didn't set out their plans or give enough information about what they wanted to achieve. Hopefully they have learned from mistakes.

Spoke to a couple of Marong boys at footy on Saturday, Craig Morris won B&F and is staying and Corey Gregg's brother is back.

Bridgewater had beaten Serp by 76 59 and 53 and they were going into the GF fresh as a daisy and Serp were lining up for their 4th final and had a few wounded by the sounds so the blow wasnt a real surprise. Theyve been able to retain and recruit players throughout the period of flags theyve probably been able to keep their spending under control because they are consistently winning flags and blokes dont put their hand out for more. Everyone else is most likely paying overs. Guys eventually want a new challenge and Im sure theirs players are getting good offers as well which was what at happened at Golden Square as it went on if its at that point yet who knows but listening to the radio on Saturday they said the reaction at the final siren was like a home and away win.

Yep spot on fly, the finals was an accurate statement on where each team was at and it finished in the same way. The Machine do it better off the field and it reflects on the field so whilst their list is better, it's better because they work hard over the next five months making sure they look at what they have, what they lose and what they need. Serp have been up for a few years and will likely miss their window due to one team being too bloody strong. Can't see much changing next season. If big axe is back (and lighter). And if Andy stays and the dual medalist hangs around for another season it's looking like number 6 !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back