Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. Being upset that the son of a champion has ditched us for 50k is a sign that I should take up macrame instead.

:(

He hasn't ditched us for a mere $50 k. North are offering him a locked second year without any clauses or playing requirements. Carlton refuse to give him a second year without these clauses! I hope people who are quick to criticise Waite put themselves in his shoes, it's a no brainer.

Meanwhile we are happy to pay a guy who has a stuffed ankle over $500 for a year to get over an injury without any pressure.

* that was quick. Apple has already made an app for us.

logo@2x.png

He hasn't ditched us for a mere $50 k. North are offering him a locked second year without any clauses or playing requirements. Carlton refuse to give him a second year without these clauses! I hope people who are quick to criticise Waite put themselves in his shoes, it's a no brainer.

Meanwhile we are happy to pay a guy who has a stuffed ankle over $500 for a year to get over an injury without any pressure.

Probably fair to say there's a significant difference in the quality of Dale Thomas than Jarrad Waite.

Waite has not been of much value to the team for the last 3 years, although he has been a great cost to the club. If not for the glimpse of his best when he was playing for his career in the dead rubber of the last month of the season, I would have been calling for his retirement so I am not bothered at all by his departure. He is past his prime and one injury, to which he is prone, from being pretty much cooked.

I think there will come a time some time next season when we will all be laughing at Norf in the same way we laughed at the Pies with Lynch and the Swans with Bradshaw. And be glad it was not us.

He's already been given more than $500k to sit in a recovery room, or on the sidelines because he decides to headbutt someone.

He has averaged 14 games per season.....thats circa 60% of available games. Now compare that to Bryce Gibbs....Bryce has played 7 fewer games total.....and been on the list for 5 years less than Waite. One of these two recieved life membership last night, the other is becoming destined to be a "football orphan". For his sake, I hope its worth the extra cash.

The funny thing is that Thomas has shown more commitment to the team ethos in his one year at Carlton than Waite has over his career with us to date.

Are you sure about the second year being guaranteed from North?

Last reports were that North had a clause in for the second year just like us. Freo were the ones offering a 2 year guaranteed deal.

The amount of s**t flung at Waite throughout his tenure by supporters... Probably makes his decision to leave that much easier. The whole 'he owes us' diatribe is silly. Maybe it's just because I watch a lot of sports outside of AFL where player movements is common and expected, but AFL fans are incredibly harsh.

I say thanks for your service Jarrad, disappointed you couldn't end your career with us but best of luck at North.

Is this on the north melbourne board?

They seem to be preoccupied with more pressing things. I'm not sure they appreciate the acquisition as much as we lament the loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive shame considering natural talent unfulfilled promises and his family history.

... But in the grand scheme of things, we're better off this is not the huge loss people are making it out to be. He's the last of the guys with questionable attitude remaining. Jarrad Waite wasn't going to deliver us a premiership or help us get any closer to it, this has forced us to play and build around Casboult, Henderson, Watson (and maybe Jaksch).

The attitude of the playing group has shifted massively in the last 6 months, it seems like we have a fantastic culture and largely flog free. You can sense we're on the cusp of something big. Let's hope this is a Port Adelaide and Troy Chaplin scenario and we smash North in the finals next year ;)

Probably fair to say there's a significant difference in the quality of Dale Thomas than Jarrad Waite.

You think? Did you watch the North game when Waite won us the match?
Waite is a KPP who can take great contested marks and goals. In a team that has poor stocks in this area.
The other is a slightly bit midfielder who struggles to kick over 40 metres and has lost a yard of pace at 27.

The amount of s**t flung at Waite throughout his tenure by supporters... Probably makes his decision to leave that much easier. The whole 'he owes us' diatribe is silly. Maybe it's just because I watch a lot of sports outside of AFL where player movements is common and expected, but AFL fans are incredibly harsh.

I say thanks for your service Jarrad, disappointed you couldn't end your career with us but best of luck at North.

Meh, abuse no. Disappointment in the decision and a feeling he never really extracted the best from himself consistently enough ... fair game. Emotional responses and grieving processes are all part and parcel of being a supporter IMO. Take that away, might as well give it away. Supporting a business doesn't do it for me.

Now anger, denial .... bargaining. God, make Waitey stay and kick 100 goals for us next year ... and I'll stop letting people derail the rumour thread.

Boyd still thinking, but its unlikely, Jaksch will be all about what GWS would want. Still plenty to go under the bridge.
Do you get the impression from the club (or personally think) that Waite leaving us will increase how hard we chase Boyd this year and what we will give up for him? Or is there nothing left to do on that front and it's just up to him to make a decision?

Sick of fans potting Daisy. Yes, he probably didn't deliver so far what we all expected, but that operation on his ankle pre-season was a big factor in that.

I personally think he will have a fantastic 2015, and i don't think he is a mercenary at all (he had a strained relationship with Buckley, which played a big part in his decision to leave the Pies) and he loves Mick and he has embraced the club and taken it to his heart, unlike say Nick Stevens, whom i don't think actually was emotionally attached to our club at all.

Waite's departure hopefully means more games for Watto, which can only be a good thing.

We are all gutted to see Waitey go,but please don't denigrate Daisy or any other player as part of your anger/disappointment.

Sick of fans potting Daisy. Yes, he probably didn't deliver so far what we all expected, but that operation on his ankle pre-season was a big factor in that.

I personally think he will have a fantastic 2015, and i don't think he is a mercenary at all (he had a strained relationship with Buckley, which played a big part in his decision to leave the Pies) and he loves Mick and he has embraced the club and taken it to his heart, unlike say Nick Stevens, whom i don't think actually was emotionally attached to our club at all.

Waite's departure hopefully means more games for Watto, which can only be a good thing.

We are all gutted to see Waitey go,but please don't denigrate Daisy or any other player as part of your anger/disappointment.

Agreed Daisy potting is rough he was in our top ten players this year.
We will also see if Watson can be the forward we need, should be very interesting

You think? Did you watch the North game when Waite won us the match?
Waite is a KPP who can take great contested marks and goals. In a team that has poor stocks in this area.
The other is a slightly bit midfielder who struggles to kick over 40 metres and has lost a yard of pace at 27.

Can't agree, friend.

One is a midfielder who was coming off a serious injury and at his best is among the best players in the competition and showed glimpses of just how good he can be even this year.

The other is an inconsistent forward suspect to form slumps, injuries and suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back