Swans Talk in the Media Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting to hear we are the most watched footy team of any code on Foxtel. Four million viewers this year! I've always suspected our live ratings of 70k were indicative of a tip of the iceberg in real viewers. But the important metric is the number of viewers that tune in from all around the country to watch their teams play us.

Personally, I haven't watched a game on Ch7 for years when the choice of Foxtel was available. I suspect a majority of our Sydney based supporters are foxtel subscribers like me as it is the only way to keep abreast of footy in a 'Victorian' sense up here (ie: watching Foxfooty daily etc to get our fix).

Gives you a real sense of exactly why Sydney (and in future GWS) are so important for the tv rights deals. 4 Million viewers is why the tv rights deal will likely go up next time again. We create a tv market for supporters of opposition teams all around the land and wonderful exposure for sponsors.

This gave me a giggle:

What was it between you and Collingwood president Eddie McGuire?
The issue is finished. I don’t need to go on about it. I have said my piece, and he has said his piece. We will move on. Eddie is … omnipresent.

"omnipresent" Hahaha. Who was the poster that called us the most erudite supporters in footy? From the Chairman down, I'd say that assessment is bang on. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey , we are in a GF if you hadn't noticed, hard decisions need to be made. Would love Tim on our list, but ,we have to improve every year and if that means we move some on, so be it.

Tough question - what if we move him on because Goodes decides to play for one more year? Will it seem like a good idea in 2016?

Tough question - what if we move him on because Goodes decides to play for one more year? Will it seem like a good idea in 2016?
Yep, because like so many others, we will find someone else. These guys need a bit of patience and need to wait for the opportunity then grab it when it comes, I don't remember Tim lighting it up when he got his chance so clearly he isn't ready......Gen Y need a bit of patience. If he wants to go and chase games go to the Bulldogs or GWS, same for Mitchell for that matter,. I don't believe the Mitchell talk. The guy will play firsts for a long time he has come off an injury plagued season hence limited game time and he knows that.....and seriously, Carlton....ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back