The Law The Terrorism Files - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. It must be at least six or seven hours now since these raids occurred. Why haven't full details been published and convictions secured?
We have heard 'unconfirmed reports' about supposed plans to behead a civilian and drape them in an ISIS flag. Where did this 'unconfirmed report' come from? Hey? Ask yourself that. Go on: try asking yourself some hard questions for once in your life, rather than regurgitating the crap spewed by gov/msm.

The report will never be confirmed - it is all make believe - but by the time this is admitted by gov/msm, the idiot masses will have forgotten about how they were manipulated into believing it in the first place.

I'm sorry, but I don't think ISIS executing, displacing and oppressing people who are not Islamic or the wrong kind of Islam in the middle east has anything to do with American foreign policy. I highly doubt the people in charge of these terrorist groups give a crap about the wellbeing of any muslims either.

It has everything to do with US foreign policy. No Iraq war, no IS

We have heard 'unconfirmed reports' about plans to behead a civilian and drape them in an ISIs flag. Where did this 'unconfirmed report' come from? Hmmm? Ask yourself that..
The Egg Council?
ib22PBXqSYOCyK.gif

Terrorist movements contextually all pose different levels of risk, due to a range of factors. It's not always to do with religion, its more often used as a badge of identity, a medium exploited for the justification of violence. Greece and Northern Ireland are also examples of western regions more prone to terrorism than many other western regions for a number of reasons, both historically and in present day, reasons mostly of minor relevance to the Australian context. However, to see Australia as immune to developments against terrorism overseas is deluded, it's not about our participation in wars over there, that's just one justification among many possible justifications. Global terrorism is not something we can just shy away from, rather its best to be involved in both anti-terrorism and counter-terrorism measures to mitigate both the immediate threat and the grievances exploited by that threat. Terrorism is also to do with a certain human mindset that is not necessarily eradicable, it's not like there is an easily bookended age of terrorism, the best one can do is attempt to defang its various weapons for the justification of violence.

The OP post and the thread as a whole has really offered little of interest, and the OP post arrives at its conclusion in unconvincing, disjointed fashion. By all means use facts and figures, but make sure the reasoning behind that, whether it be the psychological dynamics of terrorism, the political and social contexts, etc. is well informed.

If it's got nowt to do with our participation in ME wars, then what are those other justifications?

We have heard 'unconfirmed reports' about supposed plans to behead a civilian and drape them in an ISIS flag. Where did this 'unconfirmed report' come from? Hey? Ask yourself that. Go on: try asking yourself some hard questions for once in your life, rather than regurgitating the crap spewed by gov/msm.

The report will never be confirmed - it is all make believe - but by the time this is admitted by gov/msm, the idiot masses will have forgotten about how they were manipulated into believing it in the first place.
So you work for ASIO or something and have inside info do you ? You saying" ïts all make believe" is no different to people believing popular media really both based on opinions .Its just that you claim the moral high ground like any anti -govt conspiracy theorist lefty.Now you ask yourself this question how would you feel if someone got dragged off the street in an Australian neighbourhood and beheaded and then it came out that the govt knew about it and did nothing. Its not so far fetched as to be completely unbelievable you know I mean an off duty soldier was targeted in London and basically hacked to death in public in the name of that disgusting religion or was that a setup too ?

ahhh internet don't change.

tim blair has long been one of the shittest writers in the liberal propaganda media room - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...027488266?nk=e38da17511d1e420c55cb96042bc7aa6

I like the part where he talked to a non-Islamic woman who got shouted at by a group of men in a car that drove past - She looked up the word to find that it meant 'prostitute' in Arabic...

Sure, that doesn't sound particularly pleasant... however, I don't think young Muslim males in Sydney's West hold the monopoly on groups of guys shouting out degrading things to women on the street

Massively concerning - yes. A plot and plans for a sickening crime like that (and crimes like that which have occured around the world) would shock and horrify most people.

84 people raided and 1 charged. Given the urgency of the matter and grave threat to National Security I would expect full priority to expedite where necessary the legal process and have these allegations heard and tested in open court. Nothing less than the truth would suffice here. (Unless there are other agendas).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not serious are you?

We foil a legitimate terror threat, and the best you can come up with - with no evidence to support your theory - is that it was faked and there was no terror threat. And you can prove this can you? Hell they have named the man. Omarjan Azari. He has been accused of conspiring with Mohammed Ali Baryalei, the most senior Australian involved in I.S.

Are you stupid? Ignorant? or, like most lefties are you simply more sympathetic towards terrorism, and the real bad guys and those evil westerners with their freedoms, liberties and high standard of living.

People that believe in conspiracy theories generally have low I.Q's. You're probably stupid enough to think that evil Tony Abbott faked this to improve his polling. :rolleyes:

To launch a raid like this comes at a significant cost in terms of giving away the fact that they know about these places/people and potentially losing some sources of information. It also (probably) gives away information in terms of what they don't know (if 3 out of 4 places are raided, then no4 is looking pretty good right now).

Seems unlikely that all this would be done as part of a beatup/conspiracy.

I dare say the beheading intel was solid enough that they had to act, and they decided to expand it out because they were probably going to blow their source(s) in doing so and figured they'd try and get as much bang for their buck as they could...The rest being both to send a message and a fishing expedition to see what else they could learn.

Last edited:
To launch a raid like this comes at a significant cost in terms of giving away the fact that they know about these places/people and potentially losing some sources of information. It also (probably) gives away information in terms of what they don't know (if 3 out of 4 places are raided, then no4 is looking pretty good right now).

Seems unlikely that all this would be done as part of a beatup/conspiracy.

I are say the beheading intel was solid enough that they had to act, and they decided to expand it out because they were probably going to blow their source(s) in doing so and figured they'd try and get as much bang for their buck as they could...The rest being both to send a message and a fishing expedition to see what else they could learn.

They just said on the news that a lot of the information was gathered from coded phone calls.

I'm not that educated in the area of counter-terrorism, but wouldn't raising the terror level and getting everyone in the public to panic actually be counter productive? ASIO needs to know the threat level, but how much good does the public knowing it actually do seeing as it's very unlikely they will be able to do anything to prevent an attack? What can the public actually do with this information and how is it beneficial to national security to scare the populace especially when, in Mr. Abbott's words "no current plot detected." Is it just the vibe of the thing then Tony?

I'm all for national security, but is this what this big hullabaloo is really about? I wouldn't put it past any politician to be invoking one of the few things our society deservedly holds reverence for for political advantage.

Do you think the terror raids today are a coincidence?

It's politics but not what you think, they obviously were close to making arrests. Raise the threat level scare the idiots a bit so they start talking to each other strengthens evidence against them, expands the Intel net.

Believe it or not the police aren't at the beck and call of Canberra and spend months planning these raids and just like the 05 raids the charges will stick.

There are 500,000 muslims in Australia. Is it that hard to believe a handful of them are nutjobs prepared to use lethal force? If the cops get intel, then action must be taken. Otherwise if any attack succeeds, aside from the potential loss of life, you'll get jerks attacking innocent muslims leading to resentment and further community unrest. That's something we just can't afford these days.

On a side note, I see Cory Bernardi wants a ban on the burka. How is that going to fight terror??? What a flog :thumbsdown:

We have heard 'unconfirmed reports' about supposed plans to behead a civilian and drape them in an ISIS flag. Where did this 'unconfirmed report' come from? Hey? Ask yourself that. Go on: try asking yourself some hard questions

why is that a "hard question" exactly? i would have thought the answer was pretty obvious. oh look, here's one answer cunningly hidden in plain sight! those rascals.

senior law enforcement sources have told
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...errorism-raids-in-sydney-and-brisbane/5752074

Court documents are expected to reveal
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...-large-scale-raids-in-sydney-brisbane/5752002

how could the MSM possibly have found out any details? they never do that. they are a tool of the government! or is it the other way around? i forget. it's all so frightening.

i bet you never return to this claim and admit you were wrong.

still seems a bit odd that we've had "the biggest terror raids" in Australian history splashed all across the afternoon and (presumably) evening news, all for 1 charge.

So far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back