Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he coach?
He's been coaching at Norwood for several years. Seems pretty happy playing a role there, out of the limelight.

I've quietly been crossing fingers for a few years that the AFC come calling for him. Maybe with this change it might be time for him?

Get the Mac signal fired up....

You won't know whether it's a positive until next season. Bit rough to bag our new coach or be negative towards him before a ball is bounced. Even if its someone that you don't like, gotta cut him and the club some slack.

Please show me where I have been negative towards him?

I'm negative towards Chapman for being discrete again towards the fans.

What if we appoint Mark Neeld?

The best we can hope for is the GCS get in first and appoint the "Neeld" of the list of coaching aspirants this time before we finish our process???

Spooky similarities to the last time if indeed the "rumours" about McKenna's likely dismissal come to fruition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t, I just read this!! I'm stunned! Really didn't see this coming at all.

It really shows that the decision to sign Sando up at the start of the year was monumentally stupid. I doubt the club will make a mistake like that again for a while.

His communication must be really terrible to be sacked for it - either the club didn't think it could be salvaged through training Sando, or it's an excuse for something else. They reckon he's tactically sound, but given how we leaked goals and turnovers this year that may not be true.

It does seem to have been left a little late - we could have spent the last 3 weeks reviewing coaches. I suppose it probably took the board that long to come to the decision, so benefit of the doubt there I spose.

Toot-toot all aboard the Basset train?

But we haven't. And we didn't. So until the replacement is found... just enjoy the moment. Jesus, it's not that hard!

How about - zip it, lock it and shove that key to your mouth in your pocket and let me support my way.

You keep saying, be positive but it's been a number of years that we have seen some real positives and right now - this looks like another chess move that could or could not amount to anything.

2012 was a positive that amounted to nothing.

I'll support my way thank you.

So, you are allowed to have your view of things but as soon as others do (me in this case) disagree, I'm wrong?

I don't trust him, I want him gone - he has not made many decisions that hold up to any long term strategy.

I'm not one to normally defend chapman, in fact I wanted him gone as much as I wanted trigg gone. But something he said resonated in his interview on AA. It's something I've posted before about being disappointed with Sando having the security of a 2 year extension but still selecting for the moment and the apparent singular goal of making the 8 this year. Regardless of how low and irrelevant in the 8 we'd finish.

Chapman said that they extended Sando's contract because they thought that the security it provided combined with removing external pressures provided him with the best chance of success. My view is that Sando then used this security and vote of confidence to leverage future success and development against a short term bottom end finals finish. I'd suggest that he was hell-bent on doing the exact same thing again next year.

Really don't know what they're expecting from the guy, sure it'd be nice if they were more competitive without Ablett but surely that'll come with time given they're loaded with A-grade youngsters.

Their reserves didn't win 1 game for the year. Must be concerns on development of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back