Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
asking about the alma association with roo, did you have a chat with roo?

'no, we talk about the pub, how we play, how the club can improve, but not about sacking the coach'

'i can say it 100 different ways, it was a board decision, we'll accept it, we must stay unified as a club, were results driven'

gaz: focus will return to your contract, [cue sand interview from last year, as long as hes here ill stay]

'its ridiculous to talk about my contract, sloane and tex in same position, we love playing at the club, i love playing at the club, i love the city, i love the lcub, i love playing at the club, thats all that needs to be said, were in transition with the coach its a ridiculous time to look at the contract'

gaz:did you sit down with clarko? 'yes i did but its about the international rules'

have you spoken to any other afl clubs? 'no i havent spoken to any other clubs, any other coaches'
Very, very positive signs from Danger. :thumbsu:

I know nothing is certain until he signs, but this is the most adamant he's been about staying.

We won't hear about it, but another part of Triggs legacy and the magnificent position he left us in will be the off-field structure. I have a suspicion that there may be some trimming and re-organising of our non-footy administrative workforce. I'd suggest the blood-letting won't be confined to the footy dept.

For right or for wrong, ol' Phil Harper will be very nervous no one included him in the circle of trust

Alex, you may well be right - eventually. How about - just for now - you see the moves made this week as positives because they absolutely are. Then, if/when the new fella stuffs up, you can say I told you so.
They are not absolutely positives. An absolute positive would be if Sando was sacked because we had a superstar coach lined up like a Freo did.
What we have is an absolute mess of a hatchet job. I was one of the first to see through Sandersons inability but if you think the way this has happened and what's going on as a positive then your tinted glasses are something else.

People on Twitter claiming Danger has already met with the Hawks and has another club lined up tomorrow while he's in Melbourne.

To quote from above ...

gaz:did you sit down with clarko? 'yes i did but its about the international rules'

have you spoken to any other afl clubs? 'no i havent spoken to any other clubs, any other coaches'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very, very positive signs from Danger. :thumbsu:

I know nothing is certain until he signs, but this is the most adamant he's been about staying.
he was very stiff and wooden when he started, got more animated as he went on, used we a lot, our club, our direction etc. The last bit where he said he hadnt spoken to any clubs/coaches obviously doesnt mean his manager hasnt but after that interview im more confident than i was about him staying.

The only "proven" coach that I can see that we would have any real prospect of tying up would be Rodney Eade, and then only for the "top" job. Worth remembering he has coached teams to 19 Finals games without ever really having a Premiership list at his disposal IMO. Hard bugger too which I think we really need with our playing group at this time.
Ok, I'll ask the stupid question but why would we not look at mark Williams? Has been to the top and has been in the afl system since. They have had him as boundary line coach because players respond to him. Surely what our young side needs.

Or are we so insulated that we can't ever mention anyone that has been associated with the power?

so whilst sando is here = uncertain
sando gone = certain
coincidence?
Board - where do you see us going BRenton?
Sando - I think we can trade Dangerfield for some good players and high picks and rebuild to a premiership team
Board - NO...we are ready now...you're out.

Ok, I'll ask the stupid question but why would we not look at mark Williams? Has been to the top and has been I the afl system since. They have had hi as boundary line coach because players respond to him. Surely what our young side needs.

Or are we so insulated that we can't ever mention anyway that has been associated with the power?
Dew

Well done, go call it a positive all you like - but it's still not a positive until we know his replacement.

Seriously Alex, if the notion that players were going to walk out if Sanderson stayed on as coach are true, and getting rid of Sanderson has prevented this from happening, how is it not a positive? How many more times does this need to be said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back