Middleton outcome 1.30pm Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, because the club knew well in advance. They put a suppression order on journos in late 2012.

It wasn't a tip off. It was a reminder that everyone knew.
So Demetriou lied and not Hird?

Demetriou said he couldn't have known.

These last two years has been a Dynasty type experience.

Drill for fools and the splurge of never ending Essendon idiots just keeps splurging out time after time.

It is unique, because it seems like a never ending resource. We may have broken the laws of thermodynamics.

The unrelenting surge of Essendon stupidity is a powerful force.

I don't doubt porkies were told by everyone in the name of appearances.
So everyone lied
Did everyone lie all the time or just some of the time
Can you see how ridiculous you sound

What mistakes did Hird make regarding drug dealers?
If one was unkind, maybe one could say that the first mistake was getting involved with one during his playing days?

I take a bit broader view than that, and whilst I have no doubt that he used drugs during his career, he would not have been Robinson Crusoe and, given different regimes at the time they may or may not have been banned.

To ague that he is some sort of neophyte when it comes to drugs is, imho, frankly ridiculous. In the same league as Lance Armstrong saying he paid Ferrari over a $100k p.a. for advice on the height of his seat!

Just in case there is some misapprehension, I am not a Hird hater and I see him very much as a man of his times. I am not keen on some of his actions during this saga but that is another matter entirely.

They lied when convenient. It tends to happen in life. In football, lying is the second language.
You dont know how naive you sound.
Naive? I know people lie as well as tell the truth and it isn't always easy to know which
You, on the other hand seem to know that Hird always lies and the others lie when it's convenient
Just so happens that their truth telling coincides with your view
That's worse than naive it's delusional lol

Naive? I know people lie as well as tell the truth and it isn't always easy to know which
You, on the other hand seem to know that Hird always lies and the others lie when it's convenient
Just so happens that their truth telling coincides with your view
That's worse than naive it's delusional lol
He started off with a lie: 'I take full responsibility' then said he didnt mean it.

And has continued with lies: 'I cant wait for the truth to come out' and then goes to court to prevent it.

How about this one: 'We cant be sure what the players were given' but then contradicted by Little saying the club was sure the players werent given anything banned. Someone is lying there, maybe Hird, maybe Little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He started off with a lie: 'I take full responsibility' then said he didnt mean it.

And has continued with lies: 'I cant wait for the truth to come out' and then goes to court to prevent it.

How about this one: 'We cant be sure what the players were given' but then contradicted by Little saying the club was sure the players werent given anything banned. Someone is lying there, maybe Hird, maybe Little.
I am not going to continue with this - you remind me of Jon Ralph the other night on twitter
As you were Fu

As is your right. Be pretty stupid if that made up any substantial part of the ASADA case don't you think? ***the admission.

I am not going to continue with this - you remind me of Jon Ralph the other night on twitter
As you were Fu
I dont get his tweets, I tweeted him one Saturday morning about how the Off the Bench Team were tearing him a new one about him criticising the Age going to a tabloid format and he got all precious and blocked me.

it was worth it.

Not sure what the fuss is about tomorrow. If ASADA win Essendon will still fight the SC's and a reasonable case will still need to be made against the players where punishments are quite likely to be light anyway. If Essendon win ASADA will still reissue notices. It's a bit of a non event IMO
Lot of YOUR money don the drain for such a non event. Why bother?

So now it seems Essendon folk want an EGM - NOT to bring the club to task... but to take the AFL to court to overturn the Deed of Settlement

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b57bvm8ny6f2qob/AACLpzsaml0dBJRvLkNj0Rtfa/Essendon EGM 180914.pdf?dl=0

2. Deed of Settlement
To consider and, if thought fit, pass the following as an ordinary resolution:
That the Club institute legal proceedings before a Court of competent jurisdiction to
have the Deed of Settlement executed by the Club and the AFL on or about 27
August 2013 declared void or voidable, and to pursue all remedies and
compensation available to the Club in connection therewith.
They agreed to it. What do they want? The 2013 finals to be replayed?

Did any of them take the vial and walk to the phone?
how would that have helped if the vials werent labelled? why would the have even questioned it when theyd already been told they were only to be given wada compliant substances? why would club staff give them a different substance to what they were told?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back