MLB 2014 Game Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gray Lester Smaradzija and Kazmir pitch a combined 30.1 innings in the 4 game series against the White Sox. Give up a combined 4 runs, we lose the series three games to one. Lost our last 9 one run games :(
Wow. Samardzija getting no run support in Chicago. Shocked ;)

Stanton might be done for the year, hit in the face by Milwaukee starting pitcher (swinging). Then Reed Johnson got hit on the hand, again ruled swinging and called out for it (rather than foul), benches cleared, Marlin 3rd baseman and manager tossed out. Next inning marlins pitcher hits brewer and gets tossed straight away. Suprised Friers stayed in the game.

Pirates within 2.5 games of Cards now. Really want them, of the NL Central clubs, to make post season.

After a great run of performances we just dropped 6 in a row, including an absolute disaster in Toronto.

Mariners now 2 games back for the Wildcard............I think our chances are slipping away now, and the pitching is falling apart at the wrong time

Indeed, I have been very surprised how the Bullpen has come together for the Angels especially since GR went down, but a couple of nice trades and it has come together nicely. A minor scare with Shoemaker getting injured, but only a mild strain and probably miss one rotation.
Trout has to be a lock for MVP, if he doesn't get it their something seriously flawed with the MVP voting.
Next on the list for the Halos, 3 games need to clinch the AL West.

nats have just clinched the NL East and the Orioles are about to clinch AL East for the first time since 1997.

Oh and Jake Arrietta has a no hitter through 7 innings pitched. About the third time he's threatened this this year.

And broken up after 7 1/3, double from Phillips. 1 walk 1 hit, 11 k's through 8 innings (last five strikeouts have been caught looking as well).

1 walk 1 hit 13k's, complete game shutout. Decent old start in the end. I think the only pitcher to take three no hit bids into the seventh this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havent posted on here in a while because my Braves have sucked. Coming into the season i thought the pitching would struggle with injuries to 3 of our starting 5. But it has been our offense, it has been putrid. Have barely been able to score runs the last 2 months and for all but April have been very poor. Home runs have dried up and the strike outs continue to increase.

Some monumental failures for high priced recruits in Uggla and BJ Upton havnt helped. Also signing Johnson on a multi year deal after one very good season was strange at the time and i think this year is more the hitter he will be. Uggla is now gone (thank christ) and BJ will be traded (although we will have to eat up most of his salary still along with Uggla's).

I think they will try and trade Gattis and should get a good deal from an AL side (bethancourt will be our catcher next year). 2B is still an unknown along with pitching rotation (Harang/Santana will most likely sign elsewhere)

Nats were the best side all year in NL East but need to do something in postseason. Sides that qualify early normally struggle

Surely ESPN will be showing Derek Jeters final games against Baltimore at Yankee Stadium and the Sox to finish out his career?

Havent posted on here in a while because my Braves have sucked. Coming into the season i thought the pitching would struggle with injuries to 3 of our starting 5. But it has been our offense, it has been putrid. Have barely been able to score runs the last 2 months and for all but April have been very poor. Home runs have dried up and the strike outs continue to increase.

Some monumental failures for high priced recruits in Uggla and BJ Upton havnt helped. Also signing Johnson on a multi year deal after one very good season was strange at the time and i think this year is more the hitter he will be. Uggla is now gone (thank christ) and BJ will be traded (although we will have to eat up most of his salary still along with Uggla's).

I think they will try and trade Gattis and should get a good deal from an AL side (bethancourt will be our catcher next year). 2B is still an unknown along with pitching rotation (Harang/Santana will most likely sign elsewhere)

Nats were the best side all year in NL East but need to do something in postseason. Sides that qualify early normally struggle
Braves fired their GM today. Not ******* around.

Braves fired their GM today. Not ******* around.

Yeah surprised they didnt wait out the year, but Wren was always gone. Good move, he has made some monumentally bad signings (lowe, Kawakami, Uggla, Upton to name a few)

Gonzalez must be on last legs as well, another terrible September fadeout (seems to happen under him alot) Hitting coaches will be gone.
Still got most of our side under long contracts so dont see too many moves on the field, think we have the pieces to make playoffs, just need to make changes in front office

Keep your pitchers healthy and there's still a good core to build around with J Upton, heyward and Freeman who were all reasonably good (Freeman probably not as good as last year).

NL play off teams basically assured now. Brewers elmination number is 1 - need Giants to lose every game and them to win every one. They've collapsed pretty badly.

Pirates are 2 games behind Cards for NL Central, with card/Cubs currently ties at 3. Could be down to 1.5 games should Cubs win, with Pirates have one extra game. Although the card have another game against the Cubs and three against the Dbacks - not a tough assignment, to come.

Mariners have been pumped a couple of times by the Blue Jays and Royals have been beating the Indians, which pretty much sets up the AL teams as well - Angels, A's, Tigers, Royals (first time since 85) and O's. Detroit just beat White Sox, still one game ahead of KC. Going down to the wire there. KC has anothe rgame with the Indins, Detroit with white sox before KC finish with four in Chicago (Konerko's last series) whilst Detroit has four against the twins.

Love it when they intentionally walk a player and the next bloke knocks runs it.

Even better when it's the Cards, and they intentionally walk to pitch to the pitcher, and Arrieta hits a two run triple.

Still 1.5 games between Cards and Pirates with Cards off, Pirates @Braves tomorrow

Love it when they intentionally walk a player and the next bloke knocks runs it.

Even better when it's the Cards, and they intentionally walk to pitch to the pitcher, and Arrieta hits a two run triple.

Still 1.5 games between Cards and Pirates with Cards off, Pirates @Braves tomorrow

Being on the Cubs, that made me especially happy.

Some of you guys should get down to the betting thread in the basketball forum. Theres plenty of MLB discussion on a daily basis.
Amongst the constant insults flying around, theres some good stuff.

Being on the Cubs, that made me especially happy.

Some of you guys should get down to the betting thread in the basketball forum. Theres plenty of MLB discussion on a daily basis.
Amongst the constant insults flying around, theres some good stuff.

Ill have to keep that in mind for next season. Havnt done so well this year, my 3 game multi's struggled (NYY, BOS & Braves being shite didnt help early)

Ill have to keep that in mind for next season. Havnt done so well this year, my 3 game multi's struggled (NYY, BOS & Braves being shite didnt help early)

Theres always some winning going on down there.
Theres also usually some cursing and swearing at stupid campaigners like the Tigers who blow a 5 run lead in the bottom of the 8th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back