The Final Four - Who Drops Out Next Year?

The Final Four - Who Drops Out Next Year?

• Sydney

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 49 15.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 176 57.0%
  • All of them

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • None of them

Votes: 26 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its too hard to say wait until after trade period end but right now I'd say Geelong will not finish top 4 next year

Just on this...

http://www.bigfooty.com.au/features/how-experienced-is-your-club-in-2014/

Fremantle 24.90
Sydney 24.78
Carlton 24.52
North Melbourne 24.49
Hawthorn 24.47
St Kilda 24.22
Adelaide 24.20
Richmond 24.17
Essendon 23.97
Geelong 23.97
W Bulldogs 23.93
West Coast 23.93
Collingwood 23.87
Brisbane 23.84
Melbourne 23.71
Port Adelaide 23.34
Gold Coast 23.04
GWS 21.90

Make of that list what you will...

Yeah, but if Goodes retires Sydney's average age will be the lowest in the comp.

BTW, Port are scary good with a young list.

Top 4 finishes for the last 6 years:

Hawks: 4
Geel: 4
Syd: 3
Port: 1
North: 1

Geelong were 4 from 5 before this year, 4 years seems to be a long stint in the top 4, unfortunately I think the Hawks might be the one that drops, obviously I hope not, but a lot needs to go right to maintain a top 4 spot.

Top 4 2015, not in order.
Syd
Port

+ two of Freo, Rich, North or Gold Coast

Hawks to finish in the 5 - 8 group

I think the dpth comments refer to eveness across the 22 or so that play most weeks as oppoesed to quality outside that. I actually think the bottom end of yuor 22-25 or so is decent but without the best few who are nearing the end everyone has to take a big step up AND another 4 or 5 hasve to come and be quality performers week in week out. IMO North don't have that depth but as I said I don't see much of the North players at VFL level these days. Your not in St Kilda's space but we've seen how that ahs impacted them and to a degree we've seen it at Collingwood.

I get what you are saying; however, our reliance on the older players (Boomer et al) has been a lot less this year.

Boomer suspended (sigh).

Petrie struggled to kick goals for a large part of the year.

Wells did not play for 16 or so rounds.

Those three were considered crucial by pretty much everyone, and yet we are still in a prelim this year.

I think our list is looking fantastic atm. McDonald, Brown and Turner seem to have stepped up to the plate in a short period of time.

The meme that we rely on a 36 year old is tired and looking less true every day.

You are in a prelim because your best players are back and firing.
You didn't finish top 4 at the end of the H&A because your best weren't always there and you were inconsistent.
I'm not have a go at North, just indicating what I based my comment on.

You are in a prelim because your best players are back and firing.
You didn't finish top 4 at the end of the H&A because your best weren't always there and you were inconsistent.
I'm not have a go at North, just indicating what I based my comment on.
I think most North fans are in agreeance

Cannot see hawks dropping out of top 4 next year. Their skill level is far too high. Their game style will hold up well with older players. As long as they are able to hit targets better than any side, they can control the pace of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we knocked out Essendon and bomberno1 has been so buttthurt, he's been crying around on the Sydney board all week praying they smash us. That's why.

He is always on the Sydney board supporting us against basically anyone. North isn't the reason.

I think with the surprising output of Brown and Turner in the last month, I think it puts some of the 'older players need to fire' worries. So I think while MarkT is making some balanced comments isn't entirely correct. With the work rate of both of those players id back them in to cope with 2nd year blues.

Sydney still have a couple of strong top 2 finishes left in them, as do the Hawks.

If we deliver a good ol' September-style thrashing to North tonight I doubt they'll make the 4 next year.

If they beat us, or lose narrowly, I think that'll be the confidence booster they seek to motivate them into the 4 next year, possibly at Freo's expense?

Dunno.

Am tipping a North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide Grand Final.

I think both Sydney and Hawthorn are too arrogant and will get themselves knocked out of the finals.
Also looking at Sydney's aging list they are the 2nd oldest in the league.
You take a wet day up in Sydney and the swans try to play dry weather footy in the rain. It doesn't work for them. They rely on Buddy to kick all their goals for them. Goodesy is an awesome player but doesn't like playing in wet conditions.
Tippett is useless in wet weather footy.
GWS and North Melbourne both beat Sydney in round 1 and round 4 respectively.
Yet Sydney are talking premierships.
What would be funny to see is Sydney lose because they are getting way too ahead of themselves. Their attitude going into this game is that it's only another game. It's a final that the swans could easily be knocked out of.
Sydney need to draft some kids into their team and forget about recycled players.
You only have to look at Fremantle and Geelong who were talking themselves up each week. Those two were in the top 4 and are now pretenders.

Last edited:

I think both Sydney and Hawthorn are too arrogant and will get themselves knocked out of the finals.

I am tipping a Hawthorn Sydney grand final because we performed better for the year, are playing at home and have had a weeks break.

But yeah other than that the only reason I think we'll win is just arrogance.

I am tipping a Hawthorn Sydney grand final because we performed better for the year, are playing at home and have had a weeks break.

But yeah other than that the only reason I think we'll win is just arrogance.
Hey! We're arrogant too. Just pop over the the Adelaide board and ask if you don't believe me.

You take a wet day up in Sydney and the swans try to play dry weather footy in the rain. It doesn't work for them. They rely on Buddy to kick all their goals for them. Goodesy is an awesome player but doesn't like playing in wet conditions.
What would be funny to see is Sydney lose because they are getting way too ahead of themselves. Their attitude going into this game is that it's only another game. It's a final that the swans could easily be knocked out of.
Sydney need to draft some kids into their team and forget about recycled players.
You only have to look at Fremantle and Geelong who were talking themselves up each week. Those two were in the top 4 and are now pretenders.

Oh deary deary me, another post that is so wrong on every level.

Never change sooz

You're talking about premierships for North, who just got smashed.
At least we are ACTUALLY in with a shot at a premiership, ACTUALLY playing in a GF an all.
ACTUALLY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hypothetically

You're talking about premierships for North, who just got smashed.
At least we are ACTUALLY in with a shot at a premiership, ACTUALLY playing in a GF an all.
ACTUALLY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hypothetically
Haha how good does it feel to actually be there!!!!

Back