Murray FL 2013/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok fellow posters, Finley or Rumba ? Post ur tip.
Did Finley play their gf last week,,,, that was a huge win against a top side
.And did they play/have their bad day in the final against Rumba the other week.?

Ok, so I will tip Finley to win by 2 goals.
If plenty of us post their tip, we can work out what the odds are via our tips, and see if it compares to the $1.80 Rumba, $1.95 Finley ,,,bookies odds.

Interesting,,, so far 6 tips for a Finley win, and only one to Rumba...... certainly a huge difference to the odds,!!!

I will jump on the Rumba wagon in support of a local resident who is an experienced campaigner at Mercury Drive.

I'm going Rumba by 3 or 4 goals. Just think Rumba have more match winners. Besides the obvious Lovett-Murray, Dick and Cupido, i really rate young Terlich, Miller and Taylor as blokes that can expose a slower opposition. Finley will give a good account of themselves, and injuries could easily dictate the result one way or the other. Just hope its a great game, best of luck to all involved.

I'm going Rumba by 3 or 4 goals. Just think Rumba have more match winners. Besides the obvious Lovett-Murray, Dick and Cupido, i really rate young Terlich, Miller and Taylor as blokes that can expose a slower opposition. Finley will give a good account of themselves, and injuries could easily dictate the result one way or the other. Just hope its a great game, best of luck to all involved.

Sorry , i meant 3 or 4 points ! :p spewing i couldnt get there today, must have been an awesome game. Rumba's week off could have been the difference . Congrats to Rumba and well done to Finley for the year you have had. Hope to hear all about it ...

Sorry , i meant 3 or 4 points ! :p spewing i couldnt get there today, must have been an awesome game. Rumba's week off could have been the difference . Congrats to Rumba and well done to Finley for the year you have had. Hope to hear all about it ...
Titanic struggle last quarter big plays big mistakes by both teams , big errors by umpires. Rumba deserved win Finley only kicked three goals after quarter time should not have got themselves in that position after great start !

Well done to rumba! Thought they were the best side all year.. Never mind about Finley tho, they don't need a big budget to compete. I expect the same if not 1 better from them next year.

MFL footy is over for another year :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on snake, that's a bit of cheapy.

Congrats to rumba!!

fWIW my opinion on rumbas rumoured budget. Their club is their for a reason if spending the cash gives pride to their mob and encourages them to think "I could do that one day" and then work towards it then money well spent. That thing might not be just playing in a premiership it might be aiming to coach, umpiring, admin who knows but down the track some of the money may go to traineeships for them in those areas.

Congratulations on an awesome year! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Well done to rumba! Thought they were the best side all year.. Never mind about Finley tho, they don't need a big budget to compete. I expect the same if not 1 better from them next year.

MFL footy is over for another year :cry:

But what about Rams? Aren't we gunna win next year? :(:p

Last edited:
Come on snake, that's a bit of cheapy.
Not intended to be a cheapy at all, could of worded it better. Just a positive from the Finley side. Ill take nothing away from Rumba. I reckon they were the best side all year. The MFL needed Rumba to win a flag. Good news for everyone

Not intended to be a cheapy at all, could of worded it better. Just a positive from the Finley side. Ill take nothing away from Rumba. I reckon they were the best side all year. The MFL needed Rumba to win a flag. Good news for everyone

My bad mate, prob didn't read it's point properly as I was a bit seedy.

Wow wee!!
Ok, so just on the game. In the first quarter the cats got out to. Great start. It didn't help when we got one of our Mids yellow carded 5mins in. We played into a decent breeze so we didn't panic at qtr time. But I started to get a little worried at half time after we went with the breeze and didn't make as much out of it as the cats did in the first. There was no ranting or raving at half time. The message was simple, take the game on and don't go into our shells. We got out selves into this position, we need to get our selves out of it. 3 qtr we ran harder, got lower and wanted it more, and I reckon the cats got ahead of them selves after the first half, which in the GF qtr proved very costly. So going into the wind, we out scored the cats for the qtr and got close enough on the score board that we knew going with the breeze in the last that we were a chance to steal it. For those that were there in the dying minutes of the game I have been told it was one for the ages. Could of gone either way. Another minute and it might have.

All in all it's been an interesting journey, I'm just wrapt I've finally got one!!!

Your first grand final appearance since our 2005 clash at Yea, and I know we all had our moments during the old CGFL days but I was pretty happy to recive a text from a mate at the game saying you lads finally got one.

Enjoy the celebrations however long they last, they're hard to come by so cherish it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back