Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Chapman repeatedly said. They exist to play finals! Wow.
Clearly Sando wanted Danger out and picks in for a rebuild, they obviously lost their s**t about that idea!!!

Probably! Like us, the Cows can't afford WB- or StK- style "rebuild" years even with the improved AO stadium deal. The "thermonuclear" threat of us making Adelaide a 50/50 town after the one-off distortion of the double Bradbury flags was probably the straw that broke the Crow's back.

It's like '96, the last time hype gave in to desperation at West Lakes, but in the opposite direction. In '96 overinflated egos and under-performing "stars" got cut, a new coach swept all before him... yet 3 years later "the culture" resurfaced and a double-premiership coach walks. For the 3rd time since Blight walked, another Crows coach with public speaking challenges is sacrificed to a playing group. This time not just because "he lost the players" but because, first, the Tippett scheme blew up, costing them picks needed (in their minds) to avoid a future rebuild, then, panicking in the face of sanctions they trade a player popular with the group, so now they dare not "lose the players" again, literally, in the new world of free agency. Their last desperate hope is that Paddy, Tex & Sloane stay and hold a motley group up to protect attendances and the corporate $. To support that they need local media to keep pumping the "Crows A Real Flag Threat" infection into the air as they've been doing each year since the first Bradbury flag. Lose any of them, slide far enough for long enough and the local media will finally turn, especially if we keep flying for a few years and they figure out it has become a 50/50 town.

Sidebar: I've always thought one wellspring of some of the bizarre choices of the "Late Choco Era" was that word-that-must-not-be-said: "rebuilding". Do anything, try anything tactically, trade for a "X-factor", double or nothing on your bets in the football sense, just don't say "rebuilding" because "The Deal" means we barely make money at AAMI even when we're at the top so we can't even think about... no don't say it. Recall the very public rebukes after he called a season over several rounds from the end one year? In 2011-2012 we saw the cost of a too-long delayed rebuild without the right people/without sufficient resources in place. We've seen it can turn around unbelievably quickly by good people with enough to work with but if the culture of the playing group or the club has toxic elements in most cases you get a short lived West Coast or Essendon type rise then fall. Culture.

Speaking of culture, and immediate sackings: anyone else think it really odd that Sando nominated "Talia's cat vomiting" as the highlight of the season just a few days before being sacked? A truly bizarre comment and if I was a shrink I'd suggest he's thinking of something else that he can't talk about...

Not bad when that last man standing is Clarkson.........
Spent years getting the list he wanted at the Hawks has 2 years left on his contract..... Crows not likely to play finals next year or year after. Would expect him to be asked about coaching the Crows at some stage during an interview over the next few days and casually move on to the next question

Spent years getting the list he wanted at the Hawks has 2 years left on his contract..... Crows not likely to play finals next year or year after. Would expect him to be asked about coaching the Crows at some stage during an interview over the next few days and casually move on to the next question
But are a lot of their fans alluding to Clarko being their prime target?

Didn't know he had two years to run on his contract.

There are apparently exit clauses in the contract but I think it would involve Crows paying out the remaining 2 years?

That's just another arsepaper rumour that cRowie has started to placate the lowing cattle trucks.

Clarkson is too honourable to be negotiating behind Hawthorn's back while preparing another premiership assault. It is absurd.

There are apparently exit clauses in the contract but I think it would involve Crows paying out the remaining 2 years?

yep it definitely would, hes on between 1 and 1.2 mil a year too, we all seen there finances can they really afford a pay out of sacking pay out another contract and a coach. Will cost them nearly 4mil this year alone to get him then add in beefing up the football department with new coaches and so fourth.

I got a feeling that there is going to be another bombshell dropped soon. They are either going to lose a player or they have no recruits coming via trade or free agency. They need to be able to sell hope to their supporters this off season and having a new coach might have been their only option. Might buy some board members some extra time to save their hides.

That's just another arsepaper rumour that cRowie has started to placate the lowing cattle trucks.

Clarkson is too honourable to be negotiating behind Hawthorn's back while preparing another premiership assault. It is absurd.
And besides, he is far too busy talking ' international rules ' this week to worry about changing jobs.:D

That would be hilarious! What a week hey. My 3 favourite posts...

Wingard for Ryder. On the Bombers board

Wingard, Wines, Trengove or Hartlett for Ryder. On the Bombers board again

A crow supporter saying port fans are angry at the crows for taking away the media spotlight this week. On the AFL board.

We also have 2 games of footy on the weekend to finish off the week.

A crow supporter saying port fans are angry at the crows for taking away the media spotlight this week. On the AFL board.

Delusion is a point of strength for bombers fans

Wingard for Ryder?!? Are they on drugs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.. A crow supporter saying port fans are angry at the crows for taking away the media spotlight this week. On the AFL board ....
Yes I dropped by the Cows' board the other day and a few were claiming it as a victory there too. :rolleyes:
Can you put up the link to the post you saw?

It's been a great diversion for my nerves this week. It's been great. But now my nerves are going downhill again waiting for the game to start.

The Cows are going to have to pay Clarko if he is coaching them so are you saying that they would also have to pay Hawthorn the equivalent of what they would have had to pay Clarko if he hadn't breached his contract? o_O

The Cows are going to have to pay Clarko if he is coaching them so are you saying that they would also have to pay Hawthorn the equivalent of what they would have had to pay Clarko if he hadn't breached his contract? o_O

The crows poaching Clarkson then being sued by Hawthorn for inducing breach of contract would assist them in their mission of taking the media spotlight off Port. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back