Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

with a few big men on the market now we should be able to at least snare one, just depends how good they are

80manplayinglist.org:D

Too much Saturday morning TV as a kid :D

Landofgiants.gif

According to Barrett on TFS, Ryder has told Hird that he's leaving. I know it's only Barrett, but great for us if true. The first battle is hopefully already won. The second is to convince him to come here, and the third is to get a trade done.

Too much Saturday morning TV as a kid :D

Landofgiants.gif
Time Tunnel, Space Ace, Prince Planet, Gigantor, the Herculoids, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Lost In Space, Addams Family, The Munsters, Banana Splits, Thunderbirds, Marine Boy......you're not the only one who watched too much tv FF but at least Land of the Giants relates to the topic at hand.

Last edited:
if we happened to lure Ryder over would we have to give up something? cos apparently now the essendon board are saying they are going to get a 1st round pick + player? can't he just leave the club for nothing because they breached the contract with the whole ASADA situation?

if we happened to lure Ryder over would we have to give up something? cos apparently now the essendon board are saying they are going to get a 1st round pick + player? can't he just leave the club for nothing because they breached the contract with the whole ASADA situation?

That is yet to be determined I believe.

But yes, if it is found Essendon have breached their duty of care, he can walk for nothing, I think.

no different to poaching a free agent as far as Im concerned. give em nothing

I'd give them something, but that something would be unders. It's always good to have good trading karma I reckon.

I'd give them something, but that something would be unders. It's always good to have good trading karma I reckon.

I kind of agree with you, but if in the case that Essendon are guilty regarding ASADA scandal, * them - especially if it turns out that what they've done has long term negative effects on Ryder's health. In this case, I hope we give them absolutely nothing and more players leave their club for nothing.

I kind of agree with you, but if in the case that Essendon are guilty regarding ASADA scandal, **** them - especially if it turns out that what they've done has long term negative effects on Ryder's health. In this case, I hope we give them absolutely nothing and more players leave their club for nothing.
Would be offering a deal of some sort We would try and avoid the Bombers fighting the free agent option in court should Paddy take the option. There's no doubt Paddy would win but do you really want him dealing with the stress? The Bombers will be around long after Little and Hird are gone we are going need to work with them at some stage and it's going to be in our best interests to maintain a degree of goodwill with the Bombers. If we were just screwing Hird and Little over I would do it for fun but a reasonable deal on the table for Paddy is a much smarter way to go long term.

Id be happy to give up our first rounder for Ryder and bombers 2nd or 3rd rounder. At the end of the day, after winning the flag and taking possible priority and FA compensation picks into place, our first pick will be 22 or thereabouts.

Id be happy to give up our first rounder for Ryder and bombers 2nd or 3rd rounder. At the end of the day, after winning the flag and taking possible priority and FA compensation picks into place, our first pick will be 22 or thereabouts.

Devil's advocate but what if he then got a 2 year asada ban? Paying unders is acceptable when the risk is transferring with the player surely? But will all depend on where he wants to go and what others are willing to give.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devil's advocate but what if he then got a 2 year asada ban? Paying unders is acceptable when the risk is transferring with the player surely? But will all depend on where he wants to go and what others are willing to give.
You would think that he will take the 6 month ban today to get the ball rolling.

Can be resolved this week talk to ASADA if they say 6 months missing maybe 12 games no problem but you are right we do need certainty to put our 1st pick on the table.

Would be offering a deal of some sort We would try and avoid the Bombers fighting the free agent option in court should Paddy take the option. There's no doubt Paddy would win but do you really want him dealing with the stress? The Bombers will be around long after Little and Hird are gone we are going need to work with them at some stage and it's going to be in our best interests to maintain a degree of goodwill with the Bombers. If we were just screwing Hird and Little over I would do it for fun but a reasonable deal on the table for Paddy is a much smarter way to go long term.

A 3rd rounder and Renouf is all they get from me.

A 3rd rounder and Renouf is all they get from me.
Bombers have nothing to lose by challenging the move legally. Bombers are also heading for oblivion which means early preseason draft picks plenty of salary cap space.... I'd be looking at offering way overs to Ollie and picking him up for nothing in the preseason draft at the first opportunity.

Don't forget GWS, Sydney & Brisbane are in the mix with decent trade options too (GWS abundance of talent, Swans Mitchell, Reid & Lions 2nd rounder + player) if we had to cough up a trade our first rounder plus maybe our 4th to Hawthorn for Lowden to get to Essendon should be more than fair enough to get a decent trade done.

Don't forget GWS, Sydney & Brisbane are in the mix with decent trade options too (GWS abundance of talent, Swans Mitchell, Reid & Lions 2nd rounder + player) if we had to cough up a trade our first rounder plus maybe our 4th to Hawthorn for Lowden to get to Essendon should be more than fair enough to get a decent trade done.

That's if we have to trade for him.

If he walks for free and wants to come to us, we can blow Essendon a kiss and say thanks.

I know it's only Barrett, but great for us if true.
There lies the problem. Remember at the start of the season when Barrett said Ollie was going to Carlton at the end of the year, only for him to sign a new contract with us less than 24 hours later?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back