Toast Travis Boak - Captain Courageous

Remove this Banner Ad

Those stats show what can happen when teams don't put a tag on our captain.

They were also missing Brendan Whitecross, Ben Allan, Leigh Matthews, Darren Jarman and Johnny Platten.

they've been missing Michael Tuck for 20 years too

Boaky's an absolute champion! Remember back in 2012 and there were strong rumors of him leaving, and we were all discussing Cassisi's successor? Blokes like Ebert, Hartlett, even Schulzy were being talked up, but we did the right thing and got Boak re-signed and made him captain, and there was absolutely no better choice for captain than Boak!

10432975_786204778109486_6980521801721672284_n.jpg

I am the first to admit I as down on him in 2012 after a big 2011, but what a champion this guy is now.

He seems like a really awesome bloke too.

Respect!

When the AFL site compared Selwood and Boak, the knock on Boak was he lacked speed. I thought he was one of the quickest players in our squad.....

What I have been most impressed with this year from Boaky, is not that 30+ touches but how he has responded when tagged or having a quiet one. Previously he went missing but now he finds a way to impact be it with some crucial possessions, defensive work, shepherding or as an on field leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EAD all the Richmond flogs that were wanting to make a fool out of him for his simple, harmless "hope he's enjoying his year" comment, which was blown way out of proportion by the media. If karma was ever going to hit anyone, it was always gonna be F**kface Chaplin before Boak.

When the AFL site compared Selwood and Boak, the knock on Boak was he lacked speed. I thought he was one of the quickest players in our squad.....

What I have been most impressed with this year from Boaky, is not that 30+ touches but how he has responded when tagged or having a quiet one. Previously he went missing but now he finds a way to impact be it with some crucial possessions, defensive work, shepherding or as an on field leader.
Oh Boak lacked speed they say... I remember Boak getting ball in Fremantle game at Adelaide Oval running and bouncing the ball with White and Monfries, who passed the ball to him, on each side. He handballed to White who goaled. That was one of the plays of the day.

a friend of mine told me something about travis that nearly brought a tear to my eye. my friend lost her baby cousin to cancer last year, and the time she spent in hospital visiting her cousin she saw travis making regular visits to the woman's & children's hosp for the kids. travis regularly hangs with the two older brothers of the little girl that passed for support. she showed me some photo's a few weeks ago of them having a kick at the park, one of the nicest things i have seen. the two little boys would be around the age of 8 maybe. i am also pretty sure neither of them support port adelaide, but they love travis. to take time out of his day to this sort of stuff without being forced, proves how much of a nice guy our trav is.

a friend of mine told me something about travis that nearly brought a tear to my eye. my friend lost her baby cousin to cancer last year, and the time she spent in hospital visiting her cousin she saw travis making regular visits to the woman's & children's hosp for the kids. travis regularly hangs with the two older brothers of the little girl that passed for support. she showed me some photo's a few weeks ago of them having a kick at the park, one of the nicest things i have seen. the two little boys would be around the age of 8 maybe. i am also pretty sure neither of them support port adelaide, but they love travis. to take time out of his day to this sort of stuff without being forced, proves how much of a nice guy our trav is.
Boak nominated for prestigious Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award
Power captain Travis Boak has been nominated for the Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award, with the winner to be announced Monday night at the Brownlow Medal.
Travis is nominated for his outstanding work as an ambassador for the Childhood Cancer Association ...

#travisboat #whoistrevorbroke #graypride #graypower #whitepower #girt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back