Mega Thread Essendon/Hird v ASADA Trial - The Verdict, Today 1.30pm (stream link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They won't,won't be surprised if players take some sort of deal now for this to end this.

why would they take a deal, for 18 months you've been shouting they did nothing wrong, what has changed your opinion....not some two bit judge I hope?

They won't,won't be surprised if players take some sort of deal now for this to end this.
I've always been against player suspensions but given the way your club has carried on if I were ASADA all deals would be off the table.

I don't really know how to feel to be honest. Like its great they are getting whats coming to them, but I really can't see the Essendon Football Club recovering from this.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bx3hnRNCEAAB2L-.jpg

James, remember how Sando got sacked with 2 years to run......
Little looks like a chimp.

96Clearly, Mr Evans was not only speaking for himself. The statements by MrEvans were made for and on behalf of each of the individuals “sitting at th[e] table” with him, including Mr Hird, as representatives of Essendon. Mr Hird, although subject to the control of his employer, was publicly supporting the position taken by Mr Evans. The assurances given (“we offered the full co-operation of everyone at the club …”; “we want this investigation to go where it will …”) were assurances which would be taken to be given by Essendonand each of Mr Evans, Mr Robson and MrHird. There was no action taken by MrHird, verbally or otherwise, to suggest other than that he was in complete agreement with the statements by Mr Evans. MrHird publicly acquiesced in, and adopted, the request for an investigation by ASADA. I accept that Mr Hird had private misgivings about the extent of the co-operation indicated at the Essendon Press Conference. However, as he said in his evidence, he was aware that he had to co-operate with the investigation, having regard to the PlayerRules and under instruction from his employer, Essendon. MrHird also considered he had nothing to hide, and was motivated to co-operate because heconsidered (taking into account advice he received), co-operating would benefit the Essendon players.

G O L D

Essendon, with their expensive lawyers who are supposed to be the best in the country, will do anything they can do appeal.

This whole time all they've done is delay proceedings, distract from the issue at hand and waste everyone's time.

They haven't been prepared to cop it on the chin at all. They will continue to try to delay things for as long as possible.

Cya Hird.

The paying for the winning defendant court costs is generally what happens right? Because it's generally not their fault it was taken to court.

When the complaint wasn't upheld at all, Yes.

If it was a mixed judgement (a bit each way), then it's a bit more flexible.

In this case however, it seems (without reading the full judgement) that Essendon/Hird got done bad, and the bigger concern would be that if that was their best available option for trying to stop this, they're seriously stuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back