Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not taking Scully back, if that's where you're going pal!..

Nahh, Scully Jr was frontloaded to heck and back, and I'd like us to keep him (*). Scully Senior, on the other hand, I think MFC should make a bid for (**).

(*) It's Like. If it's him or Treloar, bye bye Sculls.

(**) Go after the Lamberts and it's war.

I think the criticism of watts for example is justified, but scully doesn't even get half that and he's worse than watts....
Because Scully is playing the exact role at GWS that they want him to, as a defensive midfielder and member of their leadership group.

Finished fourth in their B&F in 2012 and third in 2013. Only played 15 games this year so missed the top 10. I imagine that now the rest of the mids have grown up he'll be allowed to play with more freedom.

Also unlike Watts Scully doesn't under perform for lack of effort. At the very minimum he puts in and is defensively very strong.

Because Scully is playing the exact role at GWS that they want him to, as a defensive midfielder and member of their leadership group.

Finished fourth in their B&F in 2012 and third in 2013. Only played 15 games this year so missed the top 10. I imagine that now the rest of the mids have grown up he'll be allowed to play with more freedom.

Also unlike Watts Scully doesn't under perform for lack of effort. At the very minimum he puts in and is defensively very strong.

Hey stop being logical re scully!

This is not the place for that :D

Brad Sewell??? He's been dropped and is on the outer
There's a reason why he's been dropped, he's finished. Said it before and I'll say it again, we aren't a retirement home. We need to get midfielders around the 21-24 age bracket, that will build our future. Not bringing in O'Keefe, Sewell, etc... The only reason why I'd bring ROK in if it was a playing/coaching role for a year then becomes a coach of some sort for us.

Sam blease is lucky he ever made it onto an afl List

He has speed

Then nothing

Literally has one move which is to run fast in a straight line
He was a track an field athlete

A bloke with his speed should have been untouchable in the VFL and should have got 40 per game

He was a joke footballer and deserves to be running laps at a country town fair
I've missed your rants NG!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I don't even want him THAT much but if Carlton are going to get him for #6 I'd throw #3 at Sydney just to prevent the Blues from getting the deal.
I am super keen to get him... And probably involve Malceski too for the right price.

I would hope that pick 3 would get Mitchell and Malceski. Some people may not see it that way but given Malceski's age and the fact he is likely to walk anyways.
Like I said I might be being unreasonable though.

I would hope that pick 3 would get Mitchell and Malceski. Some people may not see it that way but given Malceski's age and the fact he is likely to walk anyways.
The talk on the Swans board is that Mitchell's girlfriend lives in Melbourne. Seems he is keen on Carlton though. Disappointing.

Don't Carlton want to use 6 to bid on Darcy Moore to piss off Collingwood? Anyway it must be sweet being Sydney if they are going to get Heeney who would've been a top 10 pick and they could end up with pick 3. All of this after they could be premiers. I'm not sure Tom Mitchell is worth it.

I am super keen to get him... And probably involve Malceski too for the right price.

Would relieve them of around 800k salary cap space in 1 foul swoop.

Throw Watts in if needed..

Would relieve them of around 800k salary cap space in 1 foul swoop.

Not sure if you meant that or not, but it's quite apt. I approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back