Status
Not open for further replies.

Westerberg

Team Captain
Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
If there is one thing in Heritier's favour it's that he is already a premiership winning player.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain the last team to win the flag without at least one player in the team who had already won one was Adelaide back in 97. That's probably meaningless but it's a surprisingly long time.

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
If there is one thing in Heritier's favour it's that he is already a premiership winning player.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain the last team to win the flag without at least one player in the team who had already won one was Adelaide back in 97. That's probably meaningless but it's a surprisingly long time.

West Coast '06?

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
This means that Ryder, and a lot of other Essendon players will be subject to show cause notices.

On the positive side it will be easier for Ryder to push to be released from his contract, on the negative side he could miss the first 10+ weeks of the season assuming he can still take a 6 month suspension.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-19/essendon-asada-verdict-delivered

THE FEDERAL court has found in favour of ASADA and directed that the show-cause notices against the 34 past and previous Essendon players over the supplements scandal will stand.
Justice Middleton found all parts of the ASADA investigation lawful, including the provision of the interim report to the AFL.

More to come.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
This means that Ryder, and a lot of other Essendon players will be subject to show cause notices.

On the positive side it will be easier for Ryder to push to be released from his contract, on the negative side he could miss the first 10+ weeks of the season assuming he can still take a 6 month suspension.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-19/essendon-asada-verdict-delivered

THE FEDERAL court has found in favour of ASADA and directed that the show-cause notices against the 34 past and previous Essendon players over the supplements scandal will stand.
Justice Middleton found all parts of the ASADA investigation lawful, including the provision of the interim report to the AFL.

More to come.
If he only misses 10 games that's a putrid, but probably unsurprising, result.

I'd still take him though if that was the case. You'd get another four, five full seasons from him.

strobe00

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I guess technically you can throw McPharlin in as a first round pick success story, given we traded our first rounder for him.

A first and a second and a third round pick. We kept a first rounder for Polak (unlucky, but didn't do anything with that pick). Considering it was Croad we were really going after, Luke might've been considered the steak knives in that deal... and not the target of the first rounder we gave away.

The fact we're splitting hairs about this shows how dire our first round recruiting has been over a long period of time. Fingers crossed it's started picking up.

strobe00

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle

They should have gone after Spangher again.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
hahaha perfect

Are you guys serious ? I think he would be awesome off half back for us. You will regret that when he tears us up in a derby next year

We are all also forgetting the WC starting looking ominous late in the season. The more decent players they add the better they will be

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
The other good thing is that Collingwood and the Eagles will waste all of the trade period trying to do a deal for him as both teams massively overrate their own players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back