Who wins the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Another quality contribution to the forum Jimmy.

Go back to the various Port forums where you can all pat each other on the back and say how good you are.
Just reacting to the usual port bashing, for what it's worth i think Gotch will make South a regular finalist but bash on :thumbsu:

Can they get 50,000?

nope. the GF has always been a week after the AFL giving it all the media attention in Adelaide for a week. Now it has been overshadowed by the AFL and u would hardly know it was on... 35k max. Had it been a week after AFL on the Saturday I reakon 45 plus.

school boy error SANFL

After the VFL debacle with Box Hill and Williamstown, I'm finding it even more difficult to stomach the idea of AFL sides having reserves teams in state competitions. It just ruins the integrity of what have been great competitions over the years.

I hope Norwood win, because if Port were to win it would be a major blow to the spirit of the SANFL.

Go Legs!

Go Norwood

anyone know where the game will be shown in Melbourne?

There was a pub that I went to last year in the city to watch Norwood v North Adelaide, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was or find it online....

edit:

Last year it was the The Charles Dickens Tavern that played the GF, however I checked with them and they won't be showing it this year as they don't get the channel anymore...

Last edited:
Go Norwood

There was a pub that I went to last year in the city to watch Norwood v North Adelaide, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was or find it online....

edit:

Last year it was the The Charles Dickens Tavern that played the GF, however I checked with them and they won't be showing it this year as they don't get the channel anymore...

Last week's prelim was shown at the Bells Hotel-157 Moray St, South Melbourne acccording to the South Adelaide facebook page. Perhaps give this hotel a call?

Go Norwood

edit:

I thought I saw on the SANFL Facebook page a post about a pub in Melbourne showing it, so maybe check that.

Go Norwood

edit:

Actually it might have been a tweet.

I found a retweet by the SANFL Twitter of someone saying they are watching the GF at Bell's Hotel in South Melbourne.

Damn, just rang Bells Hotel in South Melbourne and they're not sure if they'll be playing it either..

Were able to play the Prelim last week because it was on 7mate and were able to pick it up

Apparently this week it's on 7's main channel in Adelaide only....

They're hoping they can stream it online somehow at this stage...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norwood hangs on the win by 4 points :D:D:D

3 in row (first time in 125 years)

Helluva weekend to be a Port fan :p
No sympathy! I copped s**t at work from the Port supporters about the "double whammy" - Cats out in straight sets and Panthers choke. I'm so glad Norwood won, for the good of the comp.

East Perth and Box Hill Hawks lost their GFs too...it gets better and better
Box Hill were still beaten by an AFL-affiliate in Footscray, but as it were, I'm still much happier seeing the Bulldogs beating the Hawks. The other great result was Aspley beating Sydney in the NEAFL GF, sinking the Swans after the siren.

Well done Norwood. Definitely the better side.

Inaccuracy does bite you in the end!

Was on the top level of the Southern Riverside Stand - amazing atmosphere!

Also had the pleasure of meeting Port Adelaide CEO Keith Thomas.

In a bit of irony (for those of you who don't know) he is originally from Norwood.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back