Mega Thread JUDGMENT -Essendon/Hird v ASADA Trial: Investigation legal (club/ASADA/AFL/AFLPA/WADA statements)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just recently I attended a new swimming facility with my 2 kids.
I was running to dive into the pool to showoff in front of my kids.
As I approached the pool I slipped and ran into a pole with my legs spread,my man parts took the full brunt of the collision.
As I hit the deck,I split my head open and my trunks were dislodged leaving me bleeding,unconscious and naked.
Unfortunately,at the said time a parent from my sons school happened to be filming and captured the entire incident and later uploaded it to YouTube.
LOL essondon

I think you blokes are harsh. I really feel for Essendon. Poor bastards actually have to try and defend their actions now as opposed to trying to get out via a loophole.
They might have to actually tell the truth about what happened and let people independently decide what should happen to them. It's an outrage.

Hird just now "the federal court and Middleton are telling what is probably lies", and Robinson went onto say "this is just a further example of the AFL, ASADA and the court scapegoating James".

In all seriousness - this is good. Essendon have the chance to prove these show-cause notices wrong. They have a fairly good case to say that TB4 was not used, and that ASADAs vagueness could work in their favour. So I think despite the glee in here, a lot of people are relieved because maybe now we can get the truth, get both sides to actually back up what they say/claim and not just leak baseless accusations...either way it goes now, I think we should get an appropriate outcome (either ASADA prove EFC guilty and suspensions, or EFC prove themselves innocent and vindicate themselves). Not just 'oh the wording and labelling of the investigation was unlawful'

Would love to attend the Essendon FC AGM this year and see how Little explains spending millions of members money on this and losing. Essendon is now in a bigger financial hole than Brisbane (and we're f****d).

Just wanting to see ASADA go Essendon for costs to rub it in.

I guess Paul Little really was a sucker for those eyes after all ;)

In fact this decision means very little, except that Essendon are prepared to take any steps, however foolish, to delay justice.

Had Middleton found the investigation unlawful he would have granted injunctive relief. This would have put an end to the SCNs that have been sent out. ASADA would then have had to go away and prepare new show cause notices (as ASADA indicated it would do) based on lawfully obtained evidence. Which ultimately was likely to have been to much the same effect as the supposed illegal evidence.

Erm...he actually said the exact opposite. He wouldn't have granted relief regardless.

Would love to attend the Essendon FC AGM this year and see how Little explains spending millions of members money on this and losing. Essendon is now in a bigger financial hole than Brisbane (and we're f****d).

Just wanting to see ASADA go Essendon for costs to rub it in.
The dereliction of duty of the Essendon board is the part of this scandal that needs to blow up more.

Discovering a cabal of senior and middle managers have been running a secret and probably illegal drug program which has exposed the organisation to massive harm...

Normal organisation = instant dismissal and clean out of all involved followed by ruthless and transparent independent enquiry.

Essendon = spend shitloads of money trying to pretend it never happened and give the bloke at the helm an extra million or two for his troubles.

They might have to actually tell the truth about what happened and let people independently decide what should happen to them. It's an outrage.

I don't want to live in a world that this can happen to people..... Should be a law against it... :p Who would have thought, in this day and age, that people would have to actually take responsibility for their actions..... [/end sarcasm]

Just recently I attended a new swimming facility with my 2 kids.
I was running to dive into the pool to showoff in front of my kids.
As I approached the pool I slipped and ran into a pole with my legs spread,my man parts took the full brunt of the collision.
As I hit the deck,I split my head open and my trunks were dislodged leaving me bleeding,unconscious and naked.
Unfortunately,at the said time a parent from my sons school happened to be filming and captured the entire incident and later uploaded it to YouTube.
LOL essondon
Link!!!

Five pages in and not one Essendoom apologist. This shut em up some.

Best they can say is that this 'only' cost them time & money.

Then next day (in another thread of course) complain about how this keeps dragging on and how much it's costing them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping Essendon come out and say they won't appeal.

Surely it's in everyone's interests, especially the players to get things moving - if they do end up with bans they'd want them to start ASAP

Biggest question for me now is will ASADA add the evidence to the SCN's or just leave them as is???

As for the discussion regarding the AFL possibly assisting Essendon - I hope they do.

The people responsible are not the club. If they are found guilty, sure, clean-out the club of the individuals responsible.

But there's no reason for thousands of fans to lose their club because of some powerful peoples arrogance,

The people responsible are not the club. If they are found guilty, sure, clean-out the club of the individuals responsible.
Then why is the club spending millions defending their actions?

Seriously, you want money taken away from helping struggling clubs stay on their feet and given to Essendon so they can keep wasting it on this catastrophe?

Will be interesting to see if bombers fans and the club are still in massive denial and say we didn't take anything illegal or performance enhancing. I mean trying to get off on saying asada's case was not legal was laughable. Who cares if it wasn't legal. Does that mean if someone commits an armed robbery that they should get off because the paper work was done wrong lol. Players not knowing just as laughable a lie. Cover ups from the outset.

I love how NOW they care about the other teams in the competition. Where was that understanding the rest of the year?

Understand - but when someone who regularly displays complete ignorance shows some signs of intelligent thought - we should encourage that - as it may lead to further intelligent thought....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back