Training Friday morning 19th Sept 2014 - last before Hawks PF

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the cumbersome title but as this thread quickly disappears into the archives it requires a more meaningful reference than 'Today's training'.

Anyway it's on at 0930 this morning and I'm popping down in a moment. Will post any interesting stuff later.

Well a few hundred supporters there. Heard one guy all dressed in his paraphernalia and with several kids in tow say it's the first time he's been to Alberton since 2004.
Aaron Young with an elastic joint support thingo on his knee. Had a fitness guy with him and spent ages on sprints, was out long before the main team came out. Exhausting just watching him.
When the main group came out to warm up Schulz stood aside and didn't run with them. However I think we've heard that before in recent weeks, it hasn't impacted on selection or his games.
The session for the main team was meticulous, no arseing around at all. Most focus was on close in stuff. One of the training staff (I was trying to decide if it was Matthew Nicks) was kicking the ball to players/groups in a drill and just whacked it casually off his boot 40-50m each time. I'd have trouble making those distances downhill with a following wind. Stewy Cochrane can deliver the ball pinpoint over long distances in drills, looks like he retired yesterday.
Kept hearing "Wingard!" being shouted in the close in stuff, couldn't get the gist of why. But jeez when Chad was drilling his evasion/handpasses-off were pretty much beyond my ability to follow he was so quick.
In ruck/clearance drills Trengove v Lobbie however the focus was not on them but the clearance players. A bit of one-on-one training for Moore on evading and legal fending-off once he had the ball.
A big platform being embedded in the Bob Quinn stand, I'm not sure why.

Well a few hundred supporters there. Heard one guy all dressed in his paraphernalia and with several kids in tow say it's the first time he's been to Alberton since 2004.
Aaron Young with an elastic joint support thingo on his knee. Had a fitness guy with him and spent ages on sprints, was out long before the main team came out. Exhausting just watching him.
When the main group came out to warm up Schulz stood aside and didn't run with them. However I think we've heard that before in recent weeks, it hasn't impacted on selection or his games.
The session for the main team was meticulous, no arseing around at all. Most focus was on close in stuff. One of the training staff (I was trying to decide if it was Matthew Nicks) was kicking the ball to players/groups in a drill and just whacked it casually off his boot 40-50m each time. I'd have trouble making those distances downhill with a following wind. Stewy Cochrane can deliver the ball pinpoint over long distances in drills, looks like he retired yesterday.
Kept hearing "Wingard!" being shouted in the close in stuff, couldn't get the gist of why. But jeez when Chad was drilling his evasion/handpasses-off were pretty much beyond my ability to follow he was so quick.
In ruck/clearance drills Trengove v Lobbie however the focus was not on them but the clearance players. A bit of one-on-one training for Moore on evading and legal fending-off once he had the ball.

Thanks for this.

Also,

ST7klQq.png

That Hawthorn player looks like a right ******* campaigner with his shorts that high over his ******* hips.
It also looks like he is trying to put his hand into Schulz chest à la Temple of Doom (although on the wrong side).
The MRP would probably let him off though. :p

How did Jonas train?

Got interviewed for the Cannel 7 news like I did at the Richmond training. However they didn't run with it that time so maybe they'll do the same again. The producer of the news probably doesn't want to have fat bastards on his program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the guys at training was an English Arsenal fan who has been here a couple of weeks. He was here to see a member of the cheersquad and has been to the Richmond game and is going to the Hawthorn game. Unfortunately his flight back to England is on Monday.

One of the guys at training was an English Arsenal fan who has been here a couple of weeks. He was here to see a member of the cheersquad and has been to the Richmond game and is going to the Hawthorn game. Unfortunately his flight back to England is on Monday.
I believe I met him in Melbourne and the flight can't be too soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back