Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you guys serious ? I think he would be awesome off half back for us. You will regret that when he tears us up in a derby next year

We are all also forgetting the WC starting looking ominous late in the season. The more decent players they add the better they will be

So we grab a player that is unlikely to improve our team very much at all, and who'll take a spot on the field that we could be playing someone we already have on the list (quite possibly a younger player with a higher ceiling), just so he doesn't get through to West Coast?

They're welcome to him.

Are you guys serious ? I think he would be awesome off half back for us. You will regret that when he tears us up in a derby next year

We are all also forgetting the WC starting looking ominous late in the season. The more decent players they add the better they will be
Eagles looked ominous against spud teams

Funnily enough in the case of Harry O he became a pretty average player directly after their 2010 flag and is still living off of credits from then.
Before I realised he changed his name I seen him running around and though who is this new guy running around for Collingwood, he's s**t.

Drew Banfield was recruited directly by West Coast. No 1 pick from memory. How could he have played in a premiership for another team?
Was curious as well. Quick google tells me he was drafted in 1993 and played in their 1994 team. Very interesting stat raised there tbh but doubt it's significant. I wouldn't go recruiting one unless they fill a need and are affordable. Harry O (or whatever he calls himself) is not the answer.

Drew Banfield was recruited directly by West Coast. No 1 pick from memory. How could he have played in a premiership for another team?

Never said that it had to have been in another team, just that no team since Adelaide has won a premiership without a player in the team who had already won one. Banfield played in 94 and 06.

I certainly wasn't advocating drafting anyone solely because they'd won a premiership, just pointing out an interesting fact.

Never said that it had to have been in another team, just that no team since Adelaide has won a premiership without a player in the team who had already won one. Banfield played in 94 and 06.

I certainly wasn't advocating drafting anyone solely because they'd won a premiership, just pointing out an interesting fact.

Darren Jarmen won a flag at the Hawks in 91.

So we need Malceski then :)

So we grab a player that is unlikely to improve our team very much at all, and who'll take a spot on the field that we could be playing someone we already have on the list (quite possibly a younger player with a higher ceiling), just so he doesn't get through to West Coast?

They're welcome to him.

ominous? They had not beaten a team that has finished in the top 8 since 2012.

Using the above logic we need Matt Spangher, every team he has been on the list of has gone on to win flags. West Coast, Sydney and Hawthorn.

Looking ominous? How so?

Harry O does not phase me in the slightest, he provides a lot more head aches off the field than benefits on the field.

Ominous? Have a gander at who they played from round 15 onwards... The only top 8 team they played was essendon, and they lost that. They finished the season playing Melbourne and then an Ablettless GC. Harldy a glowing endorsement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah. Righto.
Touche.

Sydney's Tim Membrey has been targeted by multiple Victorian clubs according to SEN, Membrey is currently out of contract at the end of the season.

Tim Membrey (188cm 90kg) was Pick 46 in the 2012 draft and has only played 1 game for the Swans.

Don't want to get all politically correct, but his name isn't Harry anymore.
I would call him by his right name if I met him in person. this is a casual forum so i'm just being lazy I get annoyed that the Fox commentators still can Nat Fyfe Nate on TV, when he specifically asked not to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back