Hird & EFC Smashed by Middleton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An appeal after that would be ludicrous and I sincerely hope we don't see it. The investigation was legal, endy story. Now is the time to respect the process and go to the tribunal to test the evidence
ive been posting, obviously in invisible text.

i said all along i didnt agree with the court action, and that even if they won it would only delay the inevitable SCs. at least we get to defend them like we should have all along
Kudos guys. Must be tough for you at the moment.

An appeal after that would be ludicrous and I sincerely hope we don't see it. The investigation was legal, endy story. Now is the time to respect the process and go to the tribunal to test the evidence
It's taken 18 months, but I finally agree with you.

However unfortunately for Essendon, ASADA took a very long time (as we all know..) to be absolutely 100% sure they had the appropriate evidence before issuing show cause notices. If Essendon are relying on a lack of evidence it's not going to end well for their players unfortunately.

ive been posting, obviously in invisible text.

i said all along i didnt agree with the court action, and that even if they won it would only delay the inevitable SCs. at least we get to defend them like we should have all along

Very true. So why did all the Essendon supporters argue when we have been saying the exact same thing? This is it, Essendon's chance to do what they should have done 18 months ago. For me, it has finally started to get interesting.

It's taken 18 months, but I finally agree with you.

However unfortunately for Essendon, ASADA took a very long time (as we all know..) to be absolutely 100% sure they had the appropriate evidence before issuing show cause notices. If Essendon are relying on a lack of evidence it's not going to end well for their players unfortunately.
We have different opinions on the length of time and the implications for the strength of the evidence

Was a free hit and bloody expensive one but none the less a free hit.
PinedaSliderSnider.gif.opt.gif

Very true. So why did all the Essendon supporters argue when we have been saying the exact same thing? This is it, Essendon's chance to do what they should have done 18 months ago. For me, it has finally started to get interesting.
Essendon supporters arent one big single conciousness. opinions will vary enormously. Im pretty non plussed about the future. If we did the wrong thing we desrve the punishment, and those responsible should be removed and shamed. if we didnt i hope we can prove it and arent merely punished on lack of proof

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon supporters arent one big single conciousness. opinions will vary enormously. Im pretty non plussed about the future. If we did the wrong thing we desrve the punishment, and those responsible should be removed and shamed. if we didnt i hope we can prove it and arent merely punished on lack of proof

At least you've kept Bomber T. That was a good insurance policy.

Wrong result for the club today but really I don't think the case was ever really that strong. It was more a case of trying it on I think. There's 34 past and present players who are intending to defend themselves to the end against any charges, it's already been 18 months and now it'll be an even longer and more stressful battle.

Today was a shot in hope of stopping it dead right now which would have been best for them all... unfortunately it failed but can't say the judge didn't deliver a fair hearing and judgement, we're all lucky we live under a fair justice system where we're allowed to ask these questions in court.

So play on now I think... Has no impact on the case or the evidence, just continues as it would have. At least another year now I think.

Was a free hit and bloody expensive one but none the less a free hit.

Court costs are the least of Essendons issues. They will lose the players over this.

If they took their medicine earlier it would have been a softer blow and likely a shorter ban for the players.

Its an absolute disaster for Essendon, theres no other ay of looking at it.

EFC need to sack whomever gave them legal advice that their case was winnable.

Are EFC members seeking a extraordinary GM yet? If not why not?

So what's the likelihood of players responding to SCN's or instead seek a deal to take a few weeks off at the start of the season?

This would be an attractive option for Ryder I imagine.

Court costs are the least of Essendons issues. They will lose the players over this.

If they took their medicine earlier it would have been a softer blow and likely a shorter ban for the players.

Its an absolute disaster for Essendon, theres no other ay of looking at it.

Doesn't make any sense - the club and officials took their medicine last year.

The players are in the gun now, and have their own independent legal counsel.

EFC need to sack whomever gave them legal advice that their case was winnable.

Are EFC members seeking a extraordinary GM yet? If not why not?

So what's the likelihood of players responding to SCN's or instead seek a deal to take a few weeks off at the start of the season?

This would be an attractive option for Ryder I imagine.

If this saga does not force an egm nothing ever will. For god sake some supporters with the appropriate business acumen and time have to make this happen just have too.

No doubt Hird will push to appeal the decision.

He is delusional.

Just wonder how long it will take for Little to kill bambi and move on.

I thought he ( Little ) was supposed to be smart?

Hird has to go, and they have to actually accept responsibility for what they have done.

They threw the keys to raving narcissist and he has burnt the whole place down .

Wrong result for the club today but really I don't think the case was ever really that strong. It was more a case of trying it on I think. There's 34 past and present players who are intending to defend themselves to the end against any charges, it's already been 18 months and now it'll be an even longer and more stressful battle.

Today was a shot in hope of stopping it dead right now which would have been best for them all... unfortunately it failed but can't say the judge didn't deliver a fair hearing and judgement, we're all lucky we live under a fair justice system where we're allowed to ask these questions in court.

So play on now I think... Has no impact on the case or the evidence, just continues as it would have. At least another year now I think.
This is what I find annoying about the attitude of Essendon, that you have to explore all options in trying to get off, and in doing so, dragging the whole competition along with you, why cant Essendon just fight the SCN to start with instead of trying all the other tricks. If innocent you wouldn't be searching for so many loop holes would you. There is no short term recovery for Essendon now and I hope they pay a very heavy price for dragging this out, off field and on. I sympathize with the Essendon fans that think they should have fronted up instead sadly, you have two ego maniacs in Little and Hird thinking they can get off on a technicality meanwhile tarnishing the club for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back