Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully he can get to somewhere near his best. Super player and obviously a big key if the dragons are going to be a chance.

Would like some of whatever it was he has had/done to get himself right.

All the best to both teams

Great win by the Storm, the best team all year and to win their first flag 6 years in is an amzing effort.

Sandhurst are building a good side, but the season went a month too long for their young legs, they will be there and bouts for a few years.

not sure of the progression it went in but something like this .....
baker dongs holmes, Holmes wants to dong baker but Lachie sharp is thereabouts
so Holmes dongs sharpie and onto the deck goes Sharpy

Great win by the Storm, the best team all year and to win their first flag 6 years in is an amzing effort.

Sandhurst are building a good side, but the season went a month too long for their young legs, they will be there and bouts for a few years.

Not sure we would be using young legs getting tired as an excuse because it probably should have been a strength but all in all it was a successful year for us our past few finals series were ordinary and we've advanced to make a Grand Final and dish up a spirited performance against a quality outfit. Alot of our players can benefit from that experience you'd feel.

Well done to the reserves played brilliant footy and were too good for Golden Square and the boys have been solid in their celebrations. The Under 18's win was another reason to be excited for all involved at Dragon land plenty of talent in the ranks.

Now for the silly season!

Not sure we would be using young legs getting tired as an excuse because it probably should have been a strength but all in all it was a successful year for us our past few finals series were ordinary and we've advanced to make a Grand Final and dish up a spirited performance against a quality outfit. Alot of our players can benefit from that experience you'd feel.

Well done to the reserves played brilliant footy and were too good for Golden Square and the boys have been solid in their celebrations. The Under 18's win was another reason to be excited for all involved at Dragon land plenty of talent in the ranks.

Now for the silly season!
Great display by your boys in the first half Dragon, particularly half way through the 2nd quarter when it all look like one way traffic by the Storm, only to your mob to rally late and gain momentum at the half time siren. Fantastic effort by both Martin and Stagg to get up after what many would have thought as being season ending injuries.

In the end the change by Daryl to put Johnson and Baker in the midfield paid dividends for my mob as they won plenty of the contested clearances which gave both Sammy and Milney the opportunities that they were lacking in the first half.

Overall the weekend's win by Strath is a great example of what foresight, hard work and community support can achieve in such a short time of the club existence. Just validates the belief held by the founding committee many moons ago.

Until next season.....STORM PREMIERS 2014 !!!!

Great display by your boys in the first half Dragon, particularly half way through the 2nd quarter when it all look like one way traffic by the Storm, only to your mob to rally late and gain momentum at the half time siren. Fantastic effort by both Martin and Stagg to get up after what many would have thought as being season ending injuries.

In the end the change by Daryl to put Johnson and Baker in the midfield paid dividends for my mob as they won plenty of the contested clearances which gave both Sammy and Milney the opportunities that they were lacking in the first half.

Overall the weekend's win by Strath is a great example of what foresight, hard work and community support can achieve in such a short time of the club existence. Just validates the belief held by the founding committee many moons ago.

Until next season.....STORM PREMIERS 2014 !!!!

Congrats to the Storm did a great job all things considered. I just wonder how the proposed Points system will effect a Club like the Storm? I think we will benefit heavily from it but I just dont think there really can be a model that is fair on all parties. Some of the models that ive seen take into consideration population ( How does that work with Bendigo based Clubs?) players that have been through your junior system arent as costly ( Storm have only been in for a few years?) you get deducted points the year after if you win the flag or finish top 2 or 3? Not sure that's fair either and some of the models are based on having a certain amount of points for each given Saturday ( Sorry mate you cant play this week because were over!?). Storm are a great example of it you run your club well you can raise the funds to put together good resources and a good side alot of the other Clubs are still running a basic operation and that impact is flowing onto the field. I cant see the points system being a winner for football in the area more a complication.

Who would have thought that you could start a 6th Bendigo Club in the BFNL and it be sucessful? Was told 10 years that there is no team West of the train track tracks in Bendigo and its a gold mine that is untapped by the league, Strath moved out there, and have worked hard to get sponsors, have high membership base and also a supporters group seperate to the club. I think its a big part of why South are moving to Harry Trott, think it will improve there membership numbers and establish themselves away from the cluster of clubs in Bendigo.

I can see why they are thinking about a points system, a salary cap would simply not work in country footy, players would sign with clubs for peanuts then be coincidentally "employed" by one of the sponsors, and its hard to see anyone other than the AFL having the power to request information of income sources outside of the league.

The points system sounds ok in theory, but how do you make it fair? I don't like the idea of a the premiers losing points if they win a flag, just sounds like they don't want a Golden Square situation of 2009 to 2014 happening. The positives of this system would be it would drive clubs to recruit from their junior clubs more, don't think you could run it on a week to week basis, unless you make the league more professional (and that wont happen) any system of capping players to equalise the comp is not going to work.

I also wonder what will happen over the next 5 years with the Gold gone, 18 and 19 year old players may look to play in leagues closer to the Ballarat and Melbourne so the Roosters and other clubs can see them play. Might not have an effect on the league, but will be interesting moving forward.

Who would have thought that you could start a 6th Bendigo Club in the BFNL and it be sucessful? Was told 10 years that there is no team West of the train track tracks in Bendigo and its a gold mine that is untapped by the league, Strath moved out there, and have worked hard to get sponsors, have high membership base and also a supporters group seperate to the club. I think its a big part of why South are moving to Harry Trott, think it will improve there membership numbers and establish themselves away from the cluster of clubs in Bendigo.

I can see why they are thinking about a points system, a salary cap would simply not work in country footy, players would sign with clubs for peanuts then be coincidentally "employed" by one of the sponsors, and its hard to see anyone other than the AFL having the power to request information of income sources outside of the league.

The points system sounds ok in theory, but how do you make it fair? I don't like the idea of a the premiers losing points if they win a flag, just sounds like they don't want a Golden Square situation of 2009 to 2014 happening. The positives of this system would be it would drive clubs to recruit from their junior clubs more, don't think you could run it on a week to week basis, unless you make the league more professional (and that wont happen) any system of capping players to equalise the comp is not going to work.

I also wonder what will happen over the next 5 years with the Gold gone, 18 and 19 year old players may look to play in leagues closer to the Ballarat and Melbourne so the Roosters and other clubs can see them play. Might not have an effect on the league, but will be interesting moving forward.

Points system isnt the answer. How many additional people did Strath get through the gate this year with recruiting Milne and Baker? How do you then go and sign Lenny Hayes and get more people through the gate to watch local footy? It has to be by chasing these premier players and signing them to play.
I for one would love to watch Lenny locally if it comes off up close. Points system means you cant do this and no offence I'm not going to bother watching sub standard games that are one sided and rely on you having the best junior system in town.
The juniors are how you build a club the recruits are how you top it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Points system isnt the answer. How many additional people did Strath get through the gate this year with recruiting Milne and Baker? How do you then go and sign Lenny Hayes and get more people through the gate to watch local footy? It has to be by chasing these premier players and signing them to play.
I for one would love to watch Lenny locally if it comes off up close. Points system means you cant do this and no offence I'm not going to bother watching sub standard games that are one sided and rely on you having the best junior system in town.
The juniors are how you build a club the recruits are how you top it off.

Spot on GG the Clubs need to be fully educated over the next 12 months about the pros and cons of this system before voting if it should go ahead.

How will square stack up next year? Will they be back in the mix?

I'd expect them to be around the mark again Ringo would need to be probably 4 quality players stronger than this year to be a chance Id say. Dont think Rick Ladson would be their though not sure about other possible depatures.

Big Timmy Martin collected our Best & Fairest as thought I did think Maldennis would have run top 2 but had a good Season all the same.

For those who have seen Martin and watch other major comps is he is in the best couple of ruckman in Country Vic? Is for mine.

Big Timmy Martin collected our Best & Fairest as thought I did think Maldennis would have run top 2 but had a good Season all the same.

For those who have seen Martin and watch other major comps is he is in the best couple of ruckman in Country Vic? Is for mine.
Good footballer as enjoyed the battle with Nick Lang who won the Flat B&F Friday night
I see someone mentioned on Herald Sun trade blog that Milne has signed for a club on Morrington Peninsula Interesting ??

Back