Autopsy 1st Prelim Final: Sydney v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Parker was picked with something like the 914th pick. Kennedy was not good enough for Hawthorn. Goodes himself was another low pick.

This club has done a lot of things very well over the last 15-20 years and only ridiculous trolls put their success down to 2 players possibly getting 9% more than they would have elsewhere. They have more of the ball than their opposition almost every week and yet they still manage more tackles almost every week. They're a fantastic club at every level and other clubs would be better off learning from them than sooking about them.

I find it very difficult to see anything other than a Sydney win next week, no matter who the opposition is.
I am framing this and putting it up on my wall. Thank you.

Hawthorn offered a 1 year deal and wouldn't guarantee Kennedy games. Sydney told Kennedy they wanted him as a starting mid and offered security of more years. Gee not hard to see that Hawks ballzed it up massively. Great job guys.

Gee, and Swans fans wonder why they've shot to the top of the most hated list...

Well North were no match for us tonight, but they had a great season and their supporters can feel well proud of them.

I do envy the up and coming teams. I remember the feeling well of being ok with just making the finals, or losing a PF/semi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Swans, simply to good.
Was a depressing night as i thought we would be competitive.
Still proud of the team for winning two finals.
Bring on 2015

Two thirds of this putative Sydney/Kangas autopsy thread has been stupid toing and froing on hair-splitting details of JPK's move from Hawthorn to Sydney. Sheeesh.
You wait till Lance Franklin gets dragged into this

Had a chat with a few North fans earlier today who assured me their midfield wsd as good and as deep as ours

also said Rohan wasn't a B grader

wonder where they are now?

Semantics, but you used a panel show of 4 nuffies that were talking about midfield's that didn't include Wells at all and Rohan who's played predominantley off half back.

Happy for Rohan tho, from where he has come back from he's last few months have been increidble. Good kid who deserves all that comes his way.

On top of that great work by their mids tonight ran hard both ways and made ours invisible last night.

Kennedy was a required player, Sydney just outpriced Hawthorn, same old story..
Rubbish.....but why let the truth get in the way of the same old story. He was told limited opportunity because Mitchell, Lewis, Sewell and Hodge were ahead of him. At the time it wasnt a foolish decision by the Hawks. Just come off a premiership with a great age list profile. 4 very good hard/inside players ahead of Kennedy. Not unlike the dilemma we have with Tom Mitchell right now.

Rubbish.....but why let the truth get in the way of the same old story. He was told limited opportunity because Mitchell, Lewis, Sewell and Hodge were ahead of him. At the time it wasnt a foolish decision by the Hawks. Just come off a premiership with a great age list profile. 4 very good hard/inside players ahead of Kennedy. Not unlike the dilemma we have with Tom Mitchell right now.

welcome to the mainboard, Did you know the Swans faked the moon landing.

Semantics, but you used a panel show of 4 nuffies that were talking about midfield's that didn't include Wells at all and Rohan who's played predominantley off half back.

Happy for Rohan tho, from where he has come back from he's last few months have been increidble. Good kid who deserves all that comes his way.

On top of that great work by their mids tonight ran hard both ways and made ours invisible last night.

The proof as they say, is in the pudding. That was but one example, and despite potentially arguing their ABC gradings, they also left out players we regularly rotate through the midfield as well. Plus that Mithcell kid that can't crack a game in the Seniors.

There were other debatable calls like one of your fellow fans who labelled our defence as "vulnerable" as well.

The difference in the midfields is correctly put, ours work herder both ways and FWIW can impact the scoreboard better.
Good year for you guys but with Harvey, Wells and Petrie not getting any younger you've got a few things to address to get back there next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back