Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aim too low. Surely they will have their points stripped in 2012, possibly 2013. Then there's playing a VFL team for a couple of years, maybe more if all the banned players either move clubs or call it quits. St. Kilda's consecutive spoon record might be in danger here!

The damage to the Essendon brand will last a generation, football games notwithstanding.

We should go for their balls and make a big play at one of their guns. Even if we have to put them on ice for a year, it would be worth it. I'm thinking of Hurley.

I'm sorry, we suffered most to these bummer supporters 10 years ago. And we copped it sweet. These delusional fanatics are just nuts.

Would love Hurley. Small price to pay TBH.

If the market was operating normally, that would seem about right:

Ryder for pick 17

Problem is that Delusiondon have no leverage. They will get what they are given.

It's not a normal free agency scenario. Ryder hasn't been lured away from the club by a better offer from a rival, he has felt compelled to leave the club due to an unsafe work environment. Surely EFC* don't deserve any compensation at all?
Of course they'll squeal like stuck pigs if they don't get anything though. :rolleyes:

It's not a normal free agency scenario. Ryder hasn't been lured away from the club by a better offer from a rival, he has felt compelled to leave the club due to an unsafe work environment. Surely EFC* don't deserve any compensation at all?
Of course they'll squeal like stuck pigs if they don't get anything though. :rolleyes:
^^^^^^
THIS!
Good post.

The only compensation they get should surely be administered via enema!!

Don't post a lot, and some here are probably thankful for that, anyway yesterday was just an entrée of what is to come for that s**t stained club, as good as the feeling was when Middleton released those sweet dulcet words from his lips yesterday afternoon, I know I just can't wait for the main coarse, and the beautiful dessert that will follow that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i thought they could only have taken the initial deal if they hadn't (again) blindly followed the Little Turd.

Only one thing follows the little turd and that is the wipe clean. I want Asada to wipe vigorously, I don't care if they scrunch or fold.

If the market was operating normally, that would seem about right:

Ryder for pick 17

Problem is that Delusiondon have no leverage. They will get what they are given.

Cant see any club giving up a first round pick for a player that might get pinged.... or that they could get for free

Cant see any club giving up a first round pick for a player that might get pinged.... or that they could get for free

Agreed. He could be treated as a delisted free agent. They will get a 2nd at best unless there is a player desperate enough to accept a trade to Delusiondon.

I a normal market a late first rounder might be a reasonable Essendon ambit claim.

Ryder will prefer a trade to occur to leave the club with some goodwill.

Hopefully Essendon let him go for whatever the club he wants to go to will part with. However knowing Little he will declare war on the AFL and every other club whilst in the next breath saying he has the support of the AFL and clubs to proceed with legal action.

If 10+ players walk, EssADA* will be able to make the case for a couple of early picks in this years draft, we may end up with pick 10 by the time this is sorted out.

Going to be the longest list of Free Agents in AFL history.

Not out of the question handing over the #13 for a club wanting the type of ruck-man Ryder is and particularly a club that sees themselves as Premiership potential.

Is he worth it though?

Not if he misses large portions of games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back