Mega Thread Questions about the ASADA/ EFC/ players and the legal process/ defences/ liability

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is the point where I have to concede that you were right and I was wrong on the whole entrusted person thing. Sucks to be wrong and I still don't know how I am but a better mind than mine has concluded it is so. But we debated it long and loudly and you laugh last. Enjoy

Might be the odd event that kick starts the new way.

Today's decision actually has very narrow effect in the larger question, other than the Court declining to bury the process. It is no more a proof that Essendon and the individuals implicated did the bad thing than the reverse result would have been proof that they did not.

But there's certainly a massive new groundswell out there among mainstream Essendon folk to stop this s**t, piss off the people who did it, piss off the people who are fighting the bad fight and get on with life.

There are dissenters, of course, but the middle ground has moved remarkably in the last 8 hours.

This finding is the equivalent of Hird and Essendon being told to drop their daks, bend over, and been rogered to within a centimetre of their lives.

The sensible thing to happen now is for Hird to negotiate for his legal costs to be covered and absent himself from the club.

And for the club to enter into meaningful mediation with McDevitt in order to stanch any further damage to the club and to the game.

McDevitt has indicated a willingness to act fairly and reasonably when it comes to the players. He's said:

"the evidence shows in all likelihood that that was the case and significant blame actually lies elsewhere and we can come onto that later"

Regrettably both Hird and the Essendon board appear intransigent which most likely means the best long term interests of the club, its players and the game will be secondary to self interest and stubbornness.

This says to me that there will be SCN's for the support staff involved. Anyone else?

Might be the odd event that kick starts the new way.

Today's decision actually has very narrow effect in the larger question, other than the Court declining to bury the process. It is no more a proof that Essendon and the individuals implicated did the bad thing than the reverse result would have been proof that they did not.

But there's certainly a massive new groundswell out there among mainstream Essendon folk to stop this s**t, piss off the people who did it, piss off the people who are fighting the bad fight and get on with life.

There are dissenters, of course, but the middle ground has moved remarkably in the last 8 hours.
That's right. Paddy quitting, however, makes me think that some may have thought that the only way to win was to defeat the process. There is quite possibly a view that the substantive side of things will not stack up well for the Bombers either.

This says to me that there will be SCN's for the support staff involved. Anyone else?
Interesting to see how that plays out.

The ASADA Regulations meaning of support staff is quite wide ranging

1.07 Meaning of support person

(1) The anti‑doping rules apply to all persons who are involved as support persons in a sport with an anti‑doping policy and such persons are subject to the NAD scheme.

(2) For the NAD scheme, a support person is:

(a) a person who works with or treats 1 or more athletes participating in, or preparing for, sporting activities in 1 or more of the following capacities:

(i) coach;

(ii) trainer;

(iii) manager;

(iv) agent;

(v) team staff member;

(vi) official;

(vii) medical practitioner;

(viii) para‑medical practitioner; or

(b) any other person who works (as a volunteer or otherwise) with, or helps, an athlete subject to the NAD scheme to participate in, or prepare for, sports competition.

Reckon Dank and a few of his associates might be the subject of more attention in the coming weeks or months.

Interesting to see how that plays out.

The ASADA Regulations meaning of support staff is quite wide ranging

Reckon Dank and a few of his associates might be the subject of more attention in the coming weeks or months.
Dank already had a SCN issued. My bet now is that Hird et al will get theirs in coming weeks. Read my signature - that's what McDevitt said prior to this court case.

Dank already had a SCN issued. My bet now is that Hird et al will get theirs in coming weeks. Read my signature - that's what McDevitt said prior to this court case.
Appreciate Dank was issued with an SCN some time ago but he has managed to avoid evade the scrutiny he warrants due to ASADA being preoccupied with other matters. Hopefully they are now free to direct more attention to Dank and one or two others.

I wanna see Simon 'good stuff' Goodwin get one:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appreciate Dank was issued with an SCN some time ago but he has managed to avoid evade the scrutiny he warrants due to ASADA being preoccupied with other matters. Hopefully they are now free to direct more attention to Dank and one or two others.
ASADA have done their bit with him. Entered him on the RoF and written to both NRL and AFL recommending he gets a lifetime ban. I believe the NRL was holding off to see what happened in this legal case. Perhaps the AFL are the same. Should hear something further in the coming week.

ASADA have done their bit with him. Entered him on the RoF and written to both NRL and AFL recommending he gets a lifetime ban. I believe the NRL was holding off to see what happened in this legal case. Perhaps the AFL are the same. Should hear something further in the coming week.
They have coercive powers they haven't fully employed yet. A way to go with Dank and others in my view.

Hopefully Essendon and Hird will take the negotiation path so ASADA don't have to direct disproportionate time to briefing silk.

I think this is the point where I have to concede that you were right and I was wrong on the whole entrusted person thing. Sucks to be wrong and I still don't know how I am but a better mind than mine has concluded it is so. But we debated it long and loudly and you laugh last. Enjoy

lance - are you now prepared to risk everything and TRY TO SAVE YOUR ******* CLUB ?

you know whats needed.

Respect.

Pardon my clear ignorance of the process here, but I thought it was the ADRVB that was required to enter Dank on the RoF?

Mate there's nothing to be enjoyed from all this.
We just want to be able to get back to hating you for all the right reasons.
I really do feel your pain.
That's a big statement, and it takes a big man to say it. Kudus to you.
Cheers, when it's over, I'll enjoy the old rivalry between our clubs.
One thing about footy, there's always next year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back