What ballparks have you been to?

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple years ago, a friend of mine did the Dallas sports weekend. Stars and Maverick games, then Cowboys AND a World Series game.....the latter stadiums within eyeshot of each other. So it can happen. I just looked at the schedules (which I'm sure you already have) and the M's have home dates on the 14th and 28th. Obviously, the NFL schedule isn't out yet.....but a football/baseball double header is possible. Regardless, looks like you're doing it right, especially getting hockey in there.
I've seen NHL before (Vancouver) and NBA (LA Clippers and Golden State) so they are not completely necessary, although I would definitely not turn down NHL if I had the chance. Just need the schedules to come out!

Ive used stubhub plenty of times with no issues but first go to the team website and look for tickets there. They all use ticketmaster and you can print them or collect at will call.

StubHub is always solid. Only thing I don't like is that if time is tight, you'll print your tickets right from your computer printer. I like getting actual tickets...I've saved my stubs for decades. I'd hate to go to Australia for footy and only have an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper as a "stub." Yes, I'm nitpicking. If you're going to a game where the team is lousy, get your tickets on the street. I do this in Chicago.....get good seats....and a lot of times below face value. No need for stubhub there.

Jonesy, your tour sounds great. Of those you listed, Baltimore and LA are my favorites. Oddly, Dodger Stadium is the 2nd oldest park in the National League, 3rd overall....but you'd never know it. The place shines. So clean you could eat off the parking lot. Beware of the outfield pavilion.....known for Mexican gangs. Rest of the park very fan friendly. Only negative is all the beach balls flying around. Fans basically play keep-away with the ushers. It's fun for a while...then gets old. Oh, and they do this at FENWAY, too. Yes, Fenway Park.....where the fans are supposed to be soooooo knowledgeable, such students of the game, blah blah blah..... Yeah, right. You will NOT see this nonsense -OR THE WAVE- at Yankee Stadium.

Is stubhub the best place to get MLB tix? Seems pretty straight forward and you can print e-tix like you can here.

Stub Hub is an excellent place for tickets - especially baseball. You will almost always be able to get tickets at less than face value. I have had good luck with scalpers on occasion as well. Show up when the game has already started and they are in panic mode to unload tickets - good deals to be had.

I have been to:

Kingdome (Seattle), Safeco Field (Seattle), Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia), The Ballpark at Arlington (Texas), Wrigley Field (Chicago)

I have been to many NHL games a few NFL games and NBA games but, checking out different baseball stadiums is the best. They all have their own distinct character and uniqueness - the stadiums/arenas in other sports are too much alike.

Ive used stubhub plenty of times with no issues but first go to the team website and look for tickets there. They all use ticketmaster and you can print them or collect at will call.

willcall is awesome. I bought Yankees tix about a 6 months before we travelled there. Just strolled up to the stadium, showed my credit card and away we went.

I bought the tix straight from Yankees website which quite frankly puts Australian ticketing to shame. Every single available seat for the whole stadium was shown. I could have bought a ticket for any price between $10 and $10k+ depending on where it was. Amazing system.

I think we used stubhub for the NFL (I didn't get those tickets) and that was fine as well.

Being able to look at all the individual seats is awesome. I have experienced it once over here (concert at Etihad) and it isnt available everywhere over there but its great when it is.

Angels stadium (twice)
Dodger Stadium
Citi Field (NY)
U.S. Cellular Field (Chicago) also went down to Wrigley Field and looked around. no Cubs games on when i was there
Comerica Park (Detroit)
Miller Park (Milwaukee)
Minute Maid Park (Houston)

can now add busch stadium to my list , cards v pirates last thursday , cards got smashed as did i and about 120 other aussies that were in our group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can now add busch stadium to my list , cards v pirates last thursday , cards got smashed as did i and about 120 other aussies that were in our group
Aussies? Smashed? You're kidding......

Heh, I was at the winter Olympics in Vancouver a few years ago. At the Men's Super G, there were about 5,000 people at the bottom of the hill, mostly Canadians, plenty of Americans, after that, a smattering of all (skiing) nations. Loudest/rowdiest of all..........yep, the Australians. There were about 20...but were the wildest, pound for pound.

Went to Mets/Rockies on Monday at Citi Field. Nice stadium, U.S. Open tennis final was across the train line at the same time.

Not much of a crowd but Mets came from 1-2 down in the bottom of the 9th to win 3-2.

Tues/Wed went to Fenway Park which is awesome, Red Sox sucked and lost both to the O's but they still draw a crowd. Caught myself a ball during batting practice too!

Now on way back to NY and going to catch Yankees game tonight, hopefully rain stays away!

Will have pics to load when back in Oz.

The game at Yankee Stadium was good, NY beat Tampa with a walk off 3-run homer in the 9th after Tampa pitcher had a no hitter going into the 8th. Was behind home plate up a few levels.

Went back to Citi Field to see Mets/Nats, Mets won in a so-so game.

Was supposed to go to Camden Yards but was quite ill so unfortunately missed that one.

The past 2 nights I was at PNC Park to see Pirates sweep the Red Sox. Also went on a tour of PNC Park which has some amazing views.

Going to Tigers/White Sox on Monday night and Dodgers/Giants on Wednesday night, then it's back to reality.

Just been to Chicago. Wrigley Field is undergoing extensive renovations. Hope they preserve the distinctive features of the place. The trip to the stadium on the 'L' is great, you could just about reach out from the train and grab a pumpkin pie cooling on someone's window ledge. While you're in Chi town check out Soldier Field as well. Some people hate it, but that's part of the purpose of architecture I guess.

The Fenway tour in Beantown is great, the guides are passionate.

Also, if you take one of the major bus tours in NY you'll see Yankee Stadium and the locations of the Polo Grounds and Ebbets Field. Actually, knowing a place is no longer around seems more affecting than being at a real place.

Wrigley Field
Yankee Stadium
Citi Field

The feeling around Wrigley before the game was awesome. People everywhere, bars/merchandise stores everywhere. It's a real nice sporting 'hub' if I can call it that.

Ive been to Citi Field to see my beloved Mets play about 12 times. I do like it, but my god can it get cold out there! A good 5-10 degrees colder than in Manhattan.

Also been to AT&T in San Fran, simply beautiful ballpark, always something to look at and Giants fans are so passionate. Something Mets lack these days.

Fenway was nice, obviously full of history but pretty run down in a lot of parts.

Let me start by saying, I have never been to a major league game. Next (2016) May, we are planning on going to the East coast of America and will go to a few games.

However, I've been to to the team store at Yankee Stadium, Fenway stadium, AT&T Stadium, Dodgers stadium, and Marlins Park in Miami and been to the Oakland A's stadium but not the team store as that is right next door to the Oracle Arena (Where Golden State Warrior play)

i couldve gone to marlins park on opening night (Muhammad ali 'threw' the first pitch). was in miami at the time but i didnt even realize there was a game on there until i saw it on the news at the airport the next day. has annoyed me ever since.

i couldve gone to marlins park on opening night (Muhammad ali 'threw' the first pitch). was in miami at the time but i didnt even realize there was a game on there until i saw it on the news at the airport the next day. has annoyed me ever since.
I was in Atlanta for potential Braves-Marlins and then in New York for either Mets or Yankees and didn't do any.

Wasn't doing Yankee Stadium before I did Fenway. Citi Field was a bit out of the way.
Regret not doing Braves-Marlins.
But now that I think about it. Day 1 - I was preoccupied (College football at Georgia Dome)
Day 2 - I was exhausted after long day at DragonCon, and it was pouring rain, think it cleared up, but I just crashed early.
Day 3 - Was an early game but I was leaving that afternoon, think I would've missed 3-4 innings if I went.

Eh. Next time :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back